Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ward moving up to LHW, yes or no, and why
ryustuh
post Feb 3 2014, 08:06 PM
Post #1

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,090

does anyone know when ward is scheduled to fight next? besides a fight with dirrell and possible match-up's with groves, ggg, maybe jcc jr. there's no one i really want to see him up against at 168.

would you like to see him move up to 175, and how do you think he fares against kovalev, stevenson, pascal, bhop (even though he said they'd never fight), etc?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 3 2014, 08:29 PM
Post #2

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

No date or opponents to my knowledge are set.

Realistically nobody from 160 to 168 really wants that task...they know the ass whooping coming and its not a lotto ticket its ill never be markee again status. Ward beats em all but needs em for longevitys sake. I feel he'd run through the 75 roster same as 68. They know he's coming. And they trying to eat as much pie as they can before he do. Only meaningful fights beyond 75 are at hw for him and that's not saying much....by the time Ward is near 40 fights he wont have any markee name left to fight cause he's already defeated them .....

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 3 2014, 11:13 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 3 2014, 07:29 PM) *
No date or opponents to my knowledge are set.

Realistically nobody from 160 to 168 really wants that task...they know the ass whooping coming and its not a lotto ticket its ill never be markee again status. Ward beats em all but needs em for longevitys sake. I feel he'd run through the 75 roster same as 68. They know he's coming. And they trying to eat as much pie as they can before he do. Only meaningful fights beyond 75 are at hw for him and that's not saying much....by the time Ward is near 40 fights he wont have any markee name left to fight cause he's already defeated them .....

This

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 3 2014, 11:16 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I think he's hanging around 168 for Chavez Jr and Golovkin but like AZ said, they don't seem to want it at the moment. I think he could fight Groves, but I won't lie, the landscape at 168 for him is looking pretty slim. I don't want to see him move up just yet but he may have to if no one viable steps up to the plate.

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Feb 3 2014, 11:17 PM
Post #5

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

u guys dont think a potential matchup with bhop could be somewhat competitive?

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 3 2014, 11:25 PM
Post #6

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 4 2014, 12:17 AM) *
u guys dont think a potential matchup with bhop could be somewhat competitive?

I respect bhop to the fullest but.....that's not thecup of tea he's looking for and he's expressed that publicly ....a man that knows his limits ...and that's respectable knowing that he never claimed otherwise.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 3 2014, 11:28 PM
Post #7

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

Truthfully after the Super 6 was over Ward should've left because really there were no more worlds to conquer at that weight class, everyone else would've been cannon fodder for him. Personally I prefer to see him move up rather than beat up on guys that he already drove the stakes through their hearts again. Hopefully he can get a Pascal or the highly overrated Kovalev before he gets to the Stevensons and BHops at the top of the thrones.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 3 2014, 11:28 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 3 2014, 11:25 PM) *
I respect bhop to the fullest but.....that's not thecup of tea he's looking for and he's expressed that publicly ....a man that knows his limits ...and that's respectable knowing that he never claimed otherwise.

He wanted no parts of Glass Jawson...the first fight and especially the rematch.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Feb 3 2014, 11:52 PM
Post #9

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

Ward is trying to cash out as much as he can before he faces bigger and better challenges at 175. I don't blame him. After Chavez-Vera I hope for wards sake that he gets the winner in Vegas.

The only thing I think is that ward shot himself in the foot by not facing Bute in Canada. Ward would've certainly knocked him out just as Froch did, he would been undisputed champion,Bute is a huge draw so the fight would've sold out, ward would no longer have to hear how he's not a big draw anymore since he would've fought internationally, and his stock as a fighter would go up because he would've had an impressive knockout. He would've also established himself with the Canadian fight public for future fights at 175 against Canadians like Pascal/Stevenson. But I guess he had to take the L with Bute to get Dawson b/c if Ward didn't get Dawson Stevenson would've gotten him first.

This post has been edited by Marcus: Feb 3 2014, 11:59 PM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 4 2014, 12:16 AM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

B-Hop is just trying to hold on until he reaches 50 I think. Once he meets that mileston, I think he'll hand em up. At this point, he's only going to beat dumb brawlers. He'll have trouble with boxers.

As for Ward, I think he should fight GGG or JCC Jr for a solid pay day then move up.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 02:44 PM