IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> excuses, reasons and bullshit, why fighters lost....
mgrover
post Jul 5 2011, 06:08 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

just about every win I've ever heard for a lot of fighters has been overshadowed for by an excuse, or a reason or just plain bullshit. The biggest one is weight, people complain that this or that shouldn't be fighting at that weight. The best example of this is the Pacman and Marquez fight. People can make all the excuses they want, but Marquez agreed to those terms, that's it, no "oh he only lost because he was bloated", making it seem as a fight that should never of happened.

The fighter takes the fight, that's there choice if they take it I think they should face defeat if it is defeat, I think the same should be for fans, they protest that he was drained, or he was bloated, the fighter took the fight at that weight, he should accept the consequences shouldn't the fans as well?

Another example is Haye and his "broken toe" he shouldn't of been in the fucking ring, but since he decided to go in anyway he should of accepted the consequences, a loss.

The funny thing is I never heard these excuses when the older generation of fighters fought. When Roberto Duran fought Marvin Hagler, people don't say he was a blown up lightweight when he moved onto middleweight or was it light mid? I can't remember yet Marquez moving up to welterweight is a massive deal.....

Maybe this is a rant or maybe am just pissed at the state of the sport. But what do you think of the bullshit excuses floating around?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Jul 5 2011, 07:05 PM
Post #2

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

Man it gets so old listening to all the excuses and bullshit fighters give. So many examples to give...BUT I will give you some examples of what fighters SHOULD have said to be honest with the public.

Marlon Starling after his fight with Molinares- I got knocked the fuck out with a late punch.

Bruce Seldon after his KO loss to Tyson- I was terrified and just took a dive after taking that grazing shot cause I had no chance to win.

Haye after his fight with Wlad- I'm sorry for not backing up my talk and I disgraced myself. Wlad is the better fighter period.

Toney after getting submitted by Couture- I don't belong here and I have an eating disorder and I embarrassed the boxing community and myself with my pitiful lack of commitment I made to get in shape.

Jones after Tarver 3- I was ruined by Tarver and then Johnson and my heart just ain't in it anymore. I lost my invincibility.

Mosley after Pac- I was absolutely pathetic! I was just so scared to get KO'd so I took zero chances to be great. I shamed myself.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jul 5 2011, 07:34 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

i just think fights should take a bit more responsibility and give out a real excuse. like I was scared to get hit. and when they give out and excuse like that. they should stop disrespecting the sport and walk away

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Jul 5 2011, 07:58 PM
Post #4

Bourbon County Stout

Member No.: 1,759

Most ridiculous excuse I can think of is Roy after the third Tarver fight when he said he didn't want his dad to take all the credit if he won.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jul 5 2011, 08:08 PM
Post #5

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

I liked Lewis after he got stretched by Rahman.

Paraphrasing here but bear with me

"I got caught with a good punch. Thats what happens in heavyweight boxing"

Being a real man taking it like a man & then showing what is up in the rematch.

I hate excuses unless there is blatant corruption by the judges or the referee is biased there are no excuses. You broke your hand? Tough luck. You overtrained? Bad luck sonny Jim. Be a professional & that won't happen.

As Frazier said after he got fisted by Foreman that he could not deal with the loss & was sure it was a fluke. After their rematch he knew that he could not beat Foreman.

+Quote Post
alaganza
post Jul 5 2011, 08:08 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 76

QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jul 5 2011, 08:58 PM) *
Most ridiculous excuse I can think of is Roy after the third Tarver fight when he said he didn't want his dad to take all the credit if he won.

I remember that. It was the worst excuse I have personally ever heard.

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Jul 5 2011, 08:36 PM
Post #7

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

Hamed got his ass kicked by Barrera because it's how it was written from Allah.

I guess the same is true of the 100 lbs. he gained after his retirement, the car wreck he caused that seriously injured someone, and the jail term.

Allah kicked his ass as bad as Barrera did.

None of these fighters should be offering excuses for losing considering Mike Tyson knocked out Clifford Etienne in 49 seconds with a BROKEN FUCKING BACK! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Jul 5 2011, 08:41 PM
Post #8

Proud American

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jul 5 2011, 09:36 PM) *
None of these fighters should be offering excuses for losing considering Mike Tyson knocked out Clifford Etienne in 49 seconds with a BROKEN FUCKING BACK! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Hands down the funniest Tyson moment ever! I was literally in tears laughing after watching that.

What part? A vertebrate?

Spinal!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Jul 5 2011, 09:51 PM
Post #9

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jul 5 2011, 08:58 PM) *

LMAO...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 5 2011, 10:24 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 5 2011, 08:05 PM) *
Man it gets so old listening to all the excuses and bullshit fighters give. So many examples to give...BUT I will give you some examples of what fighters SHOULD have said to be honest with the public.

Marlon Starling after his fight with Molinares- I got knocked the fuck out with a late punch.

Bruce Seldon after his KO loss to Tyson- I was terrified and just took a dive after taking that grazing shot cause I had no chance to win.

Haye after his fight with Wlad- I'm sorry for not backing up my talk and I disgraced myself. Wlad is the better fighter period.

Toney after getting submitted by Couture- I don't belong here and I have an eating disorder and I embarrassed the boxing community and myself with my pitiful lack of commitment I made to get in shape.

Jones after Tarver 3- I was ruined by Tarver and then Johnson and my heart just ain't in it anymore. I lost my invincibility.

Mosley after Pac- I was absolutely pathetic! I was just so scared to get KO'd so I took zero chances to be great. I shamed myself.

Lol! That was far from an excuse if you ask me! I appreciate any fighter that puts it out there like that!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 07:53 PM