> Love or Hate Floyd Mayweather? Reasons Why, 1 Topic Merged Here
D-MARV
post Nov 20 2009, 05:40 AM
Post #1

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,540

By Mark Vester

Leonard Ellerbe, advisor to Floyd Mayweather Jr., told the Los Angeles Times that Shane Mosley would be their prime target if negotiations to make a fight with Manny Pacquiao fall apart. Mayweather is looking for the biggest financial opportunities out there, and the two biggest are Pacquiao and Mosley. Bob Arum of Top Rank and Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions [acting on behalf of Mayweather] are going to do their best to make a deal for a Mayweather-Pacquiao bout. Mosley has to win his January 30 welterweight unification with Andre Berto to keep the Mayweather possibility alive.

"If the fight can't be made [with Pacquiao], we'll fight Shane Mosley if he can get past Berto," Ellerbe said.

Negotiations for Mayweather-Pacquiao will be tough. Mayweather wants the bulk of the money, and so does Pacquiao. Ellerbe doesn't seem to care if Pacquiao's pay-per-view with Miguel Cotto lands a higher buyrate than Mayweather's bout with Juan Manuel Marquez. He stands with Mayweather's position of Marquez bringing very little to the table in terms of pay-per-view buys.

"It's no secret the camps don't see eye to eye, but this is bigger than boxing," Ellerbe said. "We understand the magnitude of this."

"The numbers don't lie, people do," Ellerbe said. "[Pacquiao] had good numbers, God bless him, but he had a dance partner [Cotto] this time."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Nov 20 2009, 05:48 AM
Post #2

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

No Way in the world they dont make this fight happen. There is way too much money to be made. Get Manny's belt first and then unify with Mosley if he gets past Berto. Thats the best money and legacy route.

+Quote Post
kingknockout
post Nov 20 2009, 05:53 AM
Post #3

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,222

everybody that pays attention to him, that are fans already knew this, it's not a surprise to us because we kept telling people this, mayweather is going to fight who his fans want him to fight, it's about money at the end of the day but he also listens to his supporters.

everybody on this forum knows he's going to beat Pacman, and if mosley isn't on his A game he'll embarrass him as well, Mosley's a smart champion though, so I wonder what strategy he has for "Money", I most definitely don't think he'll go in there just to get a knock out to make him look like the "Man to put floyd on his ass" because that's not the smart move.

and the only reason Paul isn't in the conversation is because A) he's big as fuck, and he doesn't look like your average welter i.e. zab judah, quintana, cotto, berto, floyd,etc not to mention margarito's a big ass welter too, my goodness them dudes look like giants on my TV screen and (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) he won't generate enough interest (bring in money) although hardcore boxing fans would like to see it, and hell I would too cus I like ol Paul, it still won't happen, alot of people don't know who Paul is yet,he's on that ladder to being top dog but he gotta get his name out there....did I mention that's a tall ass dude? lol

but anyway mayweather is too full of himself to be scared to fight anybody, his cockiness/arrogance level is out of this world, he thinks he shits gold and pisses platinum...when a person thinks of themselves that highly they'll take on any challenge, and you can't tell them shit cus they think they know everything. He believes he can take on the world lol, so when you have that kind of ego set in your mind. You think you can take on anyone, and that's what mayweather thinks, so all of these he's scared excuses is utter bullshit...plus he know's his skill is raw and nasty as fuck, he know's he's the shit, so why be scared for against guys that lost before when your standing on top undefeated? you ARE the man to beat, the top dog isn't worried about someone that took losses before, the boss doesn't worry about new challenger's, it's because of their big ass ego's.....do people think Kobe Bryant is worried about the opposition? did people think Dale earn hart gave a fuck about competition to the point he was scared to get out there and race?

This post has been edited by kingknockout: Nov 20 2009, 05:57 AM

+Quote Post
JD
post Nov 20 2009, 06:17 AM
Post #4

First Ballot

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,262

Shame that Floyd waited for Mosley to secure a fight with Berto before targeting him.

It was only a week or so ago that both fighters were without a dance partner.

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Nov 20 2009, 06:39 AM
Post #5

Proud American

QUOTE (JD @ Nov 20 2009, 07:17 AM) *
Shame that Floyd waited for Mosley to secure a fight with Berto before targeting him.

It was only a week or so ago that both fighters were without a dance partner.

Why go after Mosley first? Pac is worth more money. He probably makes half of what he'd make fighting Manny than what he would fighting Mosley. If he lose to Mosley then there is no Pac fight. He fight Pac first to get the big money win, lose, or draw. If he wins then come back and get Shane for probably a little less than what he made for fighting Pac.

+Quote Post
JD
post Nov 20 2009, 06:49 AM
Post #6

First Ballot

No reason to go after Mosley first if he was actually fighting Pacquiao next.

Carlos Quintana? Matthew Hatton? If we are talking more money, I would venture a guess that a fight against Shane would do more for Floyd's wallet than either of those guys. If we are talking legacy, which I am certain we are not, Mosley would do far more than either of those guys.

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Nov 20 2009, 06:57 AM
Post #7

Proud American

QUOTE (JD @ Nov 20 2009, 07:49 AM) *
No reason to go after Mosley first if he was actually fighting Pacquiao next.

Carlos Quintana? Matthew Hatton? If we are talking more money, I would venture a guess that a fight against Shane would do more for Floyd's wallet than either of those guys. If we are talking legacy, which I am certain we are not, Mosley would do far more than either of those guys.

Of course and I agree with that but the reason for "possibly" fighting in the UK is for the money they are paying him to fight over there but that was from The Hype's sources. Ellerbe suggest that Mayweather is fighting either Manny or Mosley next. So I guess we can pretty much throw those other three out the window.

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Nov 20 2009, 07:01 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

Fuck money. Shane is the welterweight champion. You should ALWAYS try and fight the champion of your division instead of these tinpot titles and 'p4p' new creations.

Mayweather-Pacquiao is a big fight...the biggest in boxing, but how ridiculous is it that it's gotta happen without a major belt on the line? How can the two biggest welterweights in the world NOT have fought the welterweight champion?

Pac-PBF definitely should happen, but not before one of them has fought Shane Mosley.

Ray Robinson would be turning in his grave right now.

Black

(D'oh! My little brother didn't log out...ooooops!)

This post has been edited by ROLL DEEP: Nov 20 2009, 07:02 AM

+Quote Post
JD
post Nov 20 2009, 07:05 AM
Post #9

First Ballot

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Nov 20 2009, 06:57 AM) *
Of course and I agree with that but the reason for "possibly" fighting in the UK is for the money they are paying him to fight over there but that was from The Hype's sources. Ellerbe suggest that Mayweather is fighting either Manny or Mosley next. So I guess we can pretty much throw those other three out the window.

Of course they are paying him, but what he could make for Mosley?

Besides, did Floyd come back to fight a blownup Marquez and Quintana or Matthew Hatton? I thought it was a case of just needing A tuneup and he would being fighting who his fans want him to; i.e., Mosley, Pacquiao.

At some point even his fans have to say..."enough with the bullshit dude...you had a chance to make meaningful fights and are choosing not to"

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Nov 20 2009, 07:07 AM
Post #10

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

Hey Black. Get your limey pork pie eating arse back on here sunshine.

Fuck it Pac should flick cuntfeatures & unify with Mosley.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 08:07 PM