> Spotting Flaws In The Flawless, Mayweather/Ward/Rigondeaux
mrchitown
post Apr 28 2014, 08:32 PM
Post #31

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Apr 28 2014, 09:59 AM) *
I give Thurman credit, but he is in love with his power. We will see what happens when he is in with someone with a good chin and straight punches. Thurman gets wide. A porter fight would be good litmus test.. R guerrero too...

I think he beats Robert easy, I think Shawn would push him to be at his absolute best. To me that is a fight that absolutely has to happen
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 28 2014, 08:59 PM
Post #32

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Thurman is a much smaller guy than we all realize. He's only 5'7 with 69' reach. He'll fall into the trap that many do when fighting Mayweather. I do think Thurman is very, very good from what we've seen of him. I think he wrecks Shawn Porter who is top heavy very wide and wild. Thurman backs him up with straight punches. All Thurman has to do is settle down and box and that will tame the savage.

Mayweather's "flaw" is he's adept at using his reach advantage and spacing to beat most of his opponents. He rarely takes match ups where he doesn't have an advantage in reach. He will NEVER fight Lara for that reason. He would fight Thurman in a heartbeat. It would look like the Canelo fight. SPEED can also be his nemesis. Its rare, but if a guy can throw quick flurries that may cause Mayweather some problems. I can't say we've seen him with a smallish speed guy who can get off quicker than him. Maybe thats the real reason why Pacquiao hasn't happened. Khan may be faster than him, but his chin won't hold up to too many lead rights and Mayweather counters. I think Pacquiao may have a speed advantage. If he can get inside on Mayweather, he can make it interesting. Cotto was a smallish guy who could jut about match May's speed. He gave Floyd his toughest fight in years. I would expect as much or more from Pacquiao who is faster and possibly more powerful than Cotto.

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post Apr 28 2014, 09:10 PM
Post #33

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

I want Thurman and Porter to clean house, get rid of Ghost, Khan, Devon, Berto and Collazo like they did Paulie, Soto Karass and Diaz

THEN face each other

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 28 2014, 09:10 PM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Ward is very good at disrupting timing. You can't outbox that. He's gonna punch you at inconvenient times and from inconvenient angles. You have out rumble Ward. He's got a "win by any means necessary attitude." Great for him, horrible for opponents. He seems to be the nicest guy in the world outside the ring. In the ring, he's a mean ass bastid!! You'd have to out mean him, out bully him and outfight him balls to the walls. He will rumble with you with no problem just hope you catch his ass in an exchange. Thats the way to beat Ward. Cross your fingers going in and be first. I would love to have seen him against James Toney at his best.

Rigo is a counterpuncher by nature and does have some very unique offensive skills. He stalks you while walking backwards... Strange, I know. He's Pernell Whittaker with the explosiveness of a young, undefeated Zab Judah. Pray for old age to hit him one day. This guy aint losing anytime soon. How do you coach someone to beat a guy who stalks you while back peddling?? He hides right in front of you and sets up traps all day which guys continue to walk in to. Don't follow him and then he potshots you all day because he's lightning fast. Wait him out and hope he gets like Roy Jones Jr, so slower guys who couldn't catch him early in his career can tee off on him when he's old.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 08:24 PM