> Rap fans, Help me!!!
JonnyBlaze
post May 1 2009, 12:08 AM
Post #21

The Savage

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Apr 30 2009, 03:35 AM) *
Hey 3King...how can you say Saigon is shit....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7B1X8ANSoc

Saigon is not new..I was listening to him with Tru Life back like 8-9 years ago I think..Not a fan of him now but Tru Life is still dope..They are really underground..You can see em on the movie Beef when they have beef with Mobb Deep..

Here's the song I was talkin about..It wouldn't let me post the video for some reason,the video button wasn't working for me..
Tru Life and Saigon

This post has been edited by JonnyBlaze: May 1 2009, 12:17 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post May 1 2009, 04:32 AM
Post #22

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

Thats Coke - LCN

+Quote Post
BigG
post May 1 2009, 08:24 AM
Post #23

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 1 2009, 06:08 AM) *
Saigon is not new..I was listening to him with Tru Life back like 8-9 years ago I think..Not a fan of him now but Tru Life is still dope..They are really underground..You can see em on the movie Beef when they have beef with Mobb Deep..

Here's the song I was talkin about..It wouldn't let me post the video for some reason,the video button wasn't working for me..
Tru Life and Saigon

You are right Johnny..BUT...Im pretty sure Saigon blew up only in 2005 and was a prospect then...he hasn't even released his first album yet....so I call him new

+Quote Post
Maxy
post May 1 2009, 10:46 AM
Post #24

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

This post has been edited by Maxy: May 1 2009, 11:32 AM

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post May 1 2009, 08:06 PM
Post #25

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ May 1 2009, 08:24 AM) *
You are right Johnny..BUT...Im pretty sure Saigon blew up only in 2005 and was a prospect then...he hasn't even released his first album yet....so I call him new

New to mainstream,definitely..95% of hip hop that I listen to is underground or was underground at that point of their career..I listened to Mobb Deep like 10 years ago and now everyone is actin like they're huge fans as soon as they sign to 50 Cent's label..I don't listen to new Mobb Deep and you'll never get me to either..They sold out..I'm glad they are gettin paid,but they are weak now..Atleast they had a few good cds..Did you listen to that song BigG??My favorite line is "When I'm clappin at your show it ain't a round of a applause,leave niggas on the floor dead with shit in they draws"...hahahahaha..

+Quote Post
Snoop
post May 2 2009, 12:07 AM
Post #26

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (Fitz @ May 1 2009, 12:46 AM) *
Because if he is still alive, he is an A grade moron for faking his own death and probably deserves to be dead anyways. Also add that he would also be a tool if he had that same nose ring after 13 years and didn't change his style, lol.

Here's how I view Tupac.

Tupac was what you could call a contemporary Malcolm X, the next leader in a modern day civil rights movement. Most of you may laugh at the comparison, but you have to take into consideration how fragmented the US black population has become after a long history AFTER the Black Panthers of drugs, guns and gangs. With hip-hop/rap music being a common unifier amongst the black community, Tupac was the closest thing to bring them together.

His rumored attempt at faking his death was modeled after the Italian philosopher Niccolò Machiavelli, hence Pac's moniker, "Makaveli", who advocated faking one's death in order to fool one's enemy, which IMO, Pac viewed as the US government. Also, it's said that he had taken out a 7 million dollar insurance policy on his life months before his death which his mother, Afeni Shakur, is said to have received. In fact, Pac's bookshelf at the time of his death was full of, not only revolutionary text, but of complex thinking in general. If you actually listen to the ENTIRETY of his songs, you will see that many of his songs were socially conscious, often depicting the ill conditions of the US ghetto and encouraging people to come together against a common issue. Being that he was very influential amongst the youth of ALL races and had the ideas, but more importantly the POTENTIAL of changing things, he was viewed as a problem by many.

Now all that West Coast/East Coast bullshit was a media creation made to sell records, but I'll be the first to admit that Pac got himself caught up in the hype. Maybe it was real. Maybe it wasn't.

Do I think he's still alive? No. Do I think his death was a government conspiracy, possibly, but not likely. What I think was more likely was that Suge Knight killed him for wanting to leave Death Row records. Suge was a shady muthafucka.

The point is a lot of people seem to make brash comments like, "he deserved what he got" or "he was nothing but a street thug", when they seem to know very little about him.

This post has been edited by snoopnick: May 2 2009, 12:26 AM

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post May 2 2009, 12:47 AM
Post #27

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE (snoopnick @ May 2 2009, 01:07 AM) *
Here's how I view Tupac.

Tupac was what you could call a contemporary Malcolm X, the next leader in a modern day civil rights movement. Most of you may laugh at the comparison, but you have to take into consideration how fragmented the US black population has become after a long history AFTER the Black Panthers of drugs, guns and gangs. With hip-hop/rap music being a common unifier amongst the black community, Tupac was the closest thing to bring them together.

His rumored attempt at faking his death was modeled after the Italian philosopher Niccolò Machiavelli, hence Pac's moniker, "Makaveli", who advocated faking one's death in order to fool one's enemy, which IMO, Pac viewed as the US government. Also, it's said that he had taken out a 7 million dollar insurance policy on his life months before his death which his mother, Afeni Shakur, is said to have received. In fact, Pac's bookshelf at the time of his death was full of, not only revolutionary text, but of complex thinking in general. If you actually listen to the ENTIRETY of his songs, you will see that many of his songs were socially conscious, often depicting the ill conditions of the US ghetto and encouraging people to come together against a common issue. Being that he was very influential amongst the youth of ALL races and had the ideas, but more importantly the POTENTIAL of changing things, he was viewed as a problem by many.

Now all that West Coast/East Coast bullshit was a media creation made to sell records, but I'll be the first to admit that Pac got himself caught up in the hype. Maybe it was real. Maybe it wasn't.

Do I think he's still alive? No. Do I think his death was a government conspiracy, possibly, but not likely. What I think was more likely was that Suge Knight killed him for wanting to leave Death Row records. Suge was a shady muthafucka.

The point is a lot of people seem to make brash comments like, "he deserved what he got" or "he was nothing but a street thug", when they seem to know very little about him.

Great Post!

People should really check out some of his documentaries. There also a course at UCLA on Tupac.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post May 2 2009, 12:53 AM
Post #28

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (3King3 @ May 2 2009, 05:47 AM) *
Great Post!

People should really check out some of his documentaries. There also a course at UCLA on Tupac.

Thanks bro. I actually took a course on him at the University of Washington. Dude was a lot more complex than people give him credit for.

+Quote Post
BigG
post May 14 2009, 08:01 PM
Post #29

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

The new Eminem album, Redman & Method Man albums...FIRE!!!

+Quote Post
Mino
post May 15 2009, 08:25 PM
Post #30

Lightweight

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Apr 29 2009, 01:18 AM) *
Seriously check out Saigon. He is one of the new artists he is possibly the new Nas

Saigon is ok, but pls dont ever mention him and Nas in the same sentence again

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 12:06 AM