IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ward vs Chavez (Topics Merged), Any Interest? At 168?
neophyte7
post Sep 9 2012, 01:16 PM
Post #51

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Hope Chavez survives Maravilla.. LMAO @Ward vs Chavez....

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Sep 9 2012, 01:18 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 9 2012, 07:04 PM
Post #52

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 24 2012, 06:38 PM) *
Really? Until I see him in with somebody who has skills and where his blow up doll weight isn't a factor, then I can't heap too much praise on him. Even if he beat Martinez, if he comes in 180 as usual on fight night, I just can't respect the W

i thought his last few fights have proven the kid is a legit fighter. if he beats martinez....i can't do anything but give him props. some guys can lose more than others...he's fighting at a weight that he can make...until they go back to same day weigh ins....this is alway going to be the case.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 9 2012, 07:14 PM
Post #53

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 9 2012, 08:04 PM) *
i thought his last few fights have proven the kid is a legit fighter. if he beats martinez....i can't do anything but give him props. some guys can lose more than others...he's fighting at a weight that he can make...until they go back to same day weigh ins....this is alway going to be the case.

If they went back to same day weigh ins he would be as dry as a raisin. He complains about leg cramps now imagine if he was drained because of a same day weigh in? Lol he wouldnt be able to stand

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 10 2012, 08:24 PM
Post #54

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

if chavez beats martinez convincingly...ppl will be screaming for it. arum will do his best to make sure it doesn't happen. chavez himself knows he wouldn't have a chance against ward. it would be a good name for ward to add to his resume....and at least both would get paid proper. this fight is a year or two away from being made. ward has waaaay too much depth for chavez. he'll drown him if it happens....i'm thinking ward by stoppage.

the bigger fight to see imo... golovkin/ward.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 10 2012, 09:12 PM
Post #55

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 9 2012, 07:04 PM) *

true, but I doubt they go back to same day weigh-in's which is unfortunate.

Regardless of what he does in his career, I'd never pick him to top Ward. I witnessed greatness on Saturday night. The difference between the 2 fighters is Ward is the truth, Chavez jr is just a mystery

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 10 2012, 09:51 PM
Post #56

Cruiserweight

I think they will fight sooner or later but when ever they square off in the ring, Ward will dominate him. There's good, great, and then there's elite. And Ward is the definition of elite

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 11 2012, 01:29 AM
Post #57

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 10 2012, 09:51 PM) *
I think they will fight sooner or later but when ever they square off in the ring, Ward will dominate him. There's good, great, and then there's elite. And Ward is the definition of elite

+1

But the sad part is chavez will probably blow more money then ward will ever make

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Sep 11 2012, 02:14 AM
Post #58

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 10 2012, 08:24 PM) *
if chavez beats martinez convincingly...ppl will be screaming for it. arum will do his best to make sure it doesn't happen. chavez himself knows he wouldn't have a chance against ward. it would be a good name for ward to add to his resume....and at least both would get paid proper. this fight is a year or two away from being made. ward has waaaay too much depth for chavez. he'll drown him if it happens....i'm thinking ward by stoppage.

the bigger fight to see imo... golovkin/ward.

knowing arum a ward/chavez fight probably won't happen till 2015.

that fight would be huge and it will help their resume/legacy.

imo, that fight should happen next year maybe in the fall.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 11 2012, 06:48 AM
Post #59

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

i doubt chavez will be with arum for much longer, so the fight can happen, and if somehow he beats martinez in an impressive fashion I still think he'd get his ass handed to him by Ward, especially now he won't have Arum protecting any of his bullshit weight moves and forgetting the drugs test

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 11 2012, 10:56 AM
Post #60

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 11 2012, 01:29 AM) *
+1

But the sad part is chavez will probably blow more money then ward will ever make

That is the sad truth. I heard that Ward made $1.6 mil for the fight this past Saturday. I wonder what Chavez jr is getting to fight Martinez this weekend

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 07:35 AM