IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lou DiBella on who'll really take the fight vs Martinez, Once again, it's the 'Coward's' name mentioned, where
checkleft
post Aug 19 2011, 01:53 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Aug 18 2011, 10:26 PM) *
neither of them will take the fight.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 19 2011, 08:02 AM) *
why the fuck should either of them take the fight. what the fuck this guys a muppet. not Haz btw am on about DiBella. I don't understand why fighters need to keep putting on weight and moving up and up, soon enough we'll have david haye calling out mayweather and pacman. if martinez wants to go up the p4p go gain weight and win a lot of belts, beat a lot of serious contenders, and then he can be p4p number 1

No serious contenders want to fight him.. get the dilemma? I actually thought the angulo match up would have been good, but he wanted no piece of Martinez. Cause im positive he will ko marg, cotto, chavez Jr, or Canelo. He's a very good fighter with a pretty good trainer, sucks no one really wants to fight him. But he's giving these other European prospects some shots though, that's commendable.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Aug 19 2011, 02:52 PM
Post #12

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 19 2011, 09:02 AM) *
why the fuck should either of them take the fight. what the fuck this guys a muppet. not Haz btw am on about DiBella. I don't understand why fighters need to keep putting on weight and moving up and up, soon enough we'll have david haye calling out mayweather and pacman. if martinez wants to go up the p4p go gain weight and win a lot of belts, beat a lot of serious contenders, and then he can be p4p number 1

they would be meeting in the middle and all three of them have had at least one fight at 154. Pac and mayweather wouldn't be doing anything they haven't done before. Martinez isn't asking anyone to come to 160 and is willing to come in 6 pounds under the limit.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 19 2011, 03:13 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

But neither of those guys have fought a serious threat at that weight. This guy is arguably the best active fighter now, so I guess its understandable why manny or Floyd wouldn't even want to be in the same room has him. But I've heard a lot of rumors that Floyd is seriously considering the fight, don't know if its true or not tho.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Aug 19 2011, 03:37 PM
Post #14

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 19 2011, 04:13 PM) *
But neither of those guys have fought a serious threat at that weight. This guy is arguably the best active fighter now, so I guess its understandable why manny or Floyd wouldn't even want to be in the same room has him. But I've heard a lot of rumors that Floyd is seriously considering the fight, don't know if its true or not tho.

they both held a title at that weight. it's not like they fought some fringe top 10 fighter then said 154 is too heavy for them.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 19 2011, 03:46 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Sorry but pac vs marg coming of a long lay off after being lit up by sugar for a vacant title just doesn't qualify as a quality opponent to me..
The de la hoya fight was legit but dlh of then is not as good as the sergio of now. So they have never fought a guy of this level at that weight, which again is a rational explanation why they won't fight him.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Aug 19 2011, 03:57 PM
Post #16

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 19 2011, 04:46 PM) *
Sorry but pac vs marg coming of a long lay off after being lit up by sugar for a vacant title just doesn't qualify as a quality opponent to me..
The de la hoya fight was legit but dlh of then is not as good as the sergio of now. So they have never fought a guy of this level at that weight, which again is a rational explanation why they won't fight him.

and that's exactly why boxing keeps slipping. the two fighters representing the sport will go up a division for a safe fight but wont take on the MW champion at 154. the MW champion coming down from 180+ to make 154. i bet if Martinez looked shitty in his next fight Mayweather and Pac would be all over him as a potential opponent.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 19 2011, 04:05 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

This post has been edited by checkleft: Aug 19 2011, 04:09 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 19 2011, 04:07 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Completely agree, and of course Martinez would take that fight because he is aging and its possibly his last shot at a good pay day.

This is also another sad point because he is not considered a big name even though he is an exciting fighter to watch who isnt a sloppy brawler like most other fan favorites.
This guy could sell very well if he was promoted better.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 19 2011, 08:55 PM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Aug 19 2011, 04:57 PM) *
and that's exactly why boxing keeps slipping. the two fighters representing the sport will go up a division for a safe fight but wont take on the MW champion at 154. the MW champion coming down from 180+ to make 154. i bet if Martinez looked shitty in his next fight Mayweather and Pac would be all over him as a potential opponent.

This is exactly what I stated earlier on this thread (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) It's sad, but true.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 20 2011, 08:34 AM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I wonder how martinez will look though? Will he be weight drained i wonder.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 02:26 PM