Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GGG and JCC jr., predictions?
klonopinz
post Jan 12 2014, 09:01 PM
Post #31

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,879

you also gottta considerat what point in time they sparred during their respective training camps, because if chavez as just starting to begin camp, he would be huge and gas easy, so he would be sparring totally different, where as if gg was at the end of his camp, he would be much sharper and crisp, yet he would be holding back alot to save himself for the fight and preventing in jury and over training, so you cant use sparring to guage a fight. i mean i saw mosley spar ggg, e all kno ho that would play out.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jan 13 2014, 12:48 AM
Post #32

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

Mosley looked like he was lost in that one

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 13 2014, 05:51 AM
Post #33

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I hate JCC Jr. However, if he took this fight, it would go a long way with me as to showing how legit this kid is. If he won, then i can see a Ward fight becoming a reality.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 13 2014, 09:00 PM
Post #34

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 9 2014, 11:08 AM) *
maybe margacheato was able to walk his opponents down because he had the confidence behind plaster wraps and knew all it would take was a few solid punches to get his opponents rocked. most boxers with an iron chin and rock hard punches (literally) would be able to do the same. cotto made some good adjustments in the rematch, but i also didn't see the same level of damage being made from marg's end. would this have an impact on his ability to stalk his opponents down - who knows...

i agree with rosado's corner stopping the fight although it was too dramatic and a little bit funny (billy briscoe to father rosado: man i gotta stop the fight your son's gonna die! father rosado: meh...) rosado was a bloody mess, and i don't think he even had a puncher's chance (and a heavy puncher he is not) of getting back into the fight. might have still been on his feet, but this was a case of too tough for your own good.

i agree with you that steven's corner stopped the fight a bit early. even though ggg dropped him a few times, looked like he still had SOME wits about him, and was finding success when he was boxing in the center of the ring and not resting like an idiot on the ropes looking to counter. stevens also had a funny moment when he got clocked with a left hook (if i remember correctly) and dropped. the look on his face was priceless...almost like wtf just hit me. if anyone can find a pic of that i'd be grateful.

everything you said about making adjustments in the ring is spot on

Yeah, that plaster could have had a lot to do with it...can argue with that. If he only knew that he had that same advantage without the plaster, then he could've continued to walk guys down. Now that I think about it, he may have always walked guys down, but shit, the competition was only getting harder for Margarito (as it does with all guys who are moving up the ladder. Instead of PEDs, he used plaster to keep himself afloat, while the competition got stiffer.

Cotto did make some pretty good adjustments in the rematch, but he was still doing some of the same shit that always hurts him (using his legs waaaaay to much) and he was still getting touched up pretty good. I can say that the same damage wasn't being done, because Margarito was wearing 10 oz gloves...and of course, he didn't have his plaster.

LMAO at Rosado's dad didn't give a flying flip...he just wanted his son to finish on his feet...little did he know, that wasn't even possible....he took enough punishment.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 13 2014, 09:07 PM
Post #35

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 9 2014, 12:42 PM) *
And in those moments of confusion that's all natural good fighter really needs. Once that small piece of doubt is created the fight quite possibly will be going the other way. He is visibly frustrated when he can't get his opponents out of there in the first few rounds.

And if he wants a fight with Chavez Jr he'll more then likely have to move up and I believe at 168, this fight is 50/50. Not only did Stevens and Rosado adjust but I notice he got hit too much and he struggled some what with both when they fought back. Chavez Jr is going to fight back and neither are defensive studs. I can't imagine GGG breezing though this one. This fight can go both ways...when GGG struggled it was when the fighters stood up to his power and hit him back. He looks good in all his fights but with Rosado and Stevens he hurt them and they didn't pack it in. That's when he had issues

I believe the fight would definitely be a 50/50 at 168...it surely cant happen at 160. As you mentioned, GGG has problems with guys who stand up to him, takes his punches, and tries to outlast him. As far as I can see, guys are outlasting him more and more...round by round.

Im wondering how GGG will do if Chavez cuts the ring off and starts throwing to the body...HARD.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jan 13 2014, 09:43 PM
Post #36

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

i dont know if this new chavez would be chasing ggg. he might try what he did with vera and fail smart, i mean fight smart. . ggg has a tendency to make guys back up, even when they are hard punchers just like him, as rosado and stevens were. now a guy like sturm or murray, a big tough durable guy with a chin and his own power who aint afraid to hold guard and trade, that will be an interesting match. hoveer if daniel the slippery eel geale was scared to death of golovkin so badly that he ould rather vacate his fuckin championship built that he worked his entire life for, then idk. cuz he went to to toe with them guys as well. i kno he fought sturm and so did murray. i dont think murray fought geale though. i think murray poses te most threat, but he even declined a fight with ggg in feb, he wants a tune up fight first on the same card i beleive. shows these guys take him very seriously

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 13 2014, 10:23 PM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 13 2014, 08:07 PM) *
I believe the fight would definitely be a 50/50 at 168...it surely cant happen at 160. As you mentioned, GGG has problems with guys who stand up to him, takes his punches, and tries to outlast him. As far as I can see, guys are outlasting him more and more...round by round.

Im wondering how GGG will do if Chavez cuts the ring off and starts throwing to the body...HARD.

I'd like to see how Golovkin fares when he's backing up. I think Chavez Jr, if he can cut the ring off and land something of significance then he can put Golovkin on his bike

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 13 2014, 10:48 PM
Post #38

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jan 13 2014, 09:43 PM) *
i dont know if this new chavez would be chasing ggg. he might try what he did with vera and fail smart, i mean fight smart. . ggg has a tendency to make guys back up, even when they are hard punchers just like him, as rosado and stevens were. now a guy like sturm or murray, a big tough durable guy with a chin and his own power who aint afraid to hold guard and trade, that will be an interesting match. hoveer if daniel the slippery eel geale was scared to death of golovkin so badly that he ould rather vacate his fuckin championship built that he worked his entire life for, then idk. cuz he went to to toe with them guys as well. i kno he fought sturm and so did murray. i dont think murray fought geale though. i think murray poses te most threat, but he even declined a fight with ggg in feb, he wants a tune up fight first on the same card i beleive. shows these guys take him very seriously

I swear I couldn't read after this

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You silly bro!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 13 2014, 10:49 PM
Post #39

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 13 2014, 10:23 PM) *
I'd like to see how Golovkin fares when he's backing up. I think Chavez Jr, if he can cut the ring off and land something of significance then he can put Golovkin on his bike

I think we all wanna see how our favorite fighter fights, while backing up. If he pulls it off, he's a genius, if not, then he's a hype job.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
sduck
post Jan 15 2014, 11:11 AM
Post #40

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Easy work for GGG.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 07:47 PM