IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> if you were a black fighter...would you sign with bob arum?
daprofessor
post Jan 4 2013, 08:02 PM
Post #41

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 4 2013, 08:29 PM) *
on an even more side note WTF ever happened to the Khan fight. Bradley turned that down to sell his soul to the devil and he deserves to be where hes at. No sympathy from me at all, he could of fought Khan when Khan was at the top of his game, but instead he let Peterson do it, and ultimately Garcia.

i can't blame him for wanting out of his contract with gary shaw...and who knew the bradley/pac fight aftermath would play out the way it did?

khan waited until he knew bradley had promoter issues to call him out...even then he did it in a bitch way underneath his breath and what not. i never thought khan had a chance against bradley and i think the peterson and garcia fights proved that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 4 2013, 08:42 PM
Post #42

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 5 2013, 01:02 AM) *
i can't blame him for wanting out of his contract with gary shaw...and who knew the bradley/pac fight aftermath would play out the way it did?

khan waited until he knew bradley had promoter issues to call him out...even then he did it in a bitch way underneath his breath and what not. i never thought khan had a chance against bradley and i think the peterson and garcia fights proved that.

it is what it is, what about when Bradley was offered a 50-50 split and half the UK PPV money? I remember somebody saying oh think again that may not be all that much but it was still more than Bradley was capable of producing. Bradley went after the big fish win lose or draw with Pac he was never realistically going anywhere with Arum. I don't know what his contract was like with Gary Shaw tbh but these lay offs can't be good for business.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 5 2013, 12:05 AM
Post #43

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I think Bradley is solid but guerrero is a cheat man.. in my opinion. If he's such a warrior there's no need for all the shit he does

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Jan 5 2013, 08:13 AM
Post #44

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

I 100% agree check, The Ghost is a dirty fighter. He held and hit Berto in the eye 5 or 6 times and that's what caused the initial swelling. Not sure why berto didn't put his hands up.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Jan 5 2013, 12:10 PM
Post #45

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 3 2013, 02:33 PM) *
If Arum wanted Bradley to be the big next thing he can do it with a click of his fingers, but he doesn't so now Bradley is going nowhere till Arum dies.

To make Bradley the next big thing it would take Bob Arum, God, all the angels above, and maybe the tooth fairy. Bradley is just not PPV material unless he is fighting someone who is a PPV attraction.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 5 2013, 12:34 PM
Post #46

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jan 5 2013, 01:10 PM) *
To make Bradley the next big thing it would take Bob Arum, God, all the angels above, and maybe the tooth fairy. Bradley is just not PPV material unless he is fighting someone who is a PPV attraction.

I agree with this. Bradley just isn't convincing to me as the villain, I like his character as it was. Nobody likes a phony. I think Bradley is more of a Hopkins type guy, works his ass off, incredible determinations and confidence, and a very technical fighter without much pop. And like Hopkins he won't be a ppv attraction.

If I was Bradley, I would fight out of my contract ASAP if I didn't get manny or marquez next and go after Floyd.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 5 2013, 02:11 PM
Post #47

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 4 2013, 09:42 PM) *
it is what it is, what about when Bradley was offered a 50-50 split and half the UK PPV money? I remember somebody saying oh think again that may not be all that much but it was still more than Bradley was capable of producing. Bradley went after the big fish win lose or draw with Pac he was never realistically going anywhere with Arum. I don't know what his contract was like with Gary Shaw tbh but these lay offs can't be good for business.

getting the pac fight trumped any offer khan could have possibly made. i don't think anyone in that position would think the khan fight was the better option.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 5 2013, 02:19 PM
Post #48

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 5 2013, 01:05 AM) *
I think Bradley is solid but guerrero is a cheat man.. in my opinion. If he's such a warrior there's no need for all the shit he does

yes he is...right in line with guys like mares and bhop. i don't think anyone is going to call him crafty the way they do with hopkins...but u are absolutely right. i don't like it...but it's exactly why i believe he's going to make things very tough for floyd.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jan 5 2013, 03:44 PM
Post #49

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 4 2013, 01:02 PM) *
bradley is top 2 or 3 at welterweight and light welter. he is money in the bank and will not be beaten anytime soon. he has the potential to be a big star if given the right opposition. he doesn't need to be a huge puncher to accomplish this. i think some opponents that will help him shine are guys like garcia, ortiz, rios, maidana, guerrero, berto, khan and ultimately matthysse. i'd favor him over all of them except for matthysse...that's even money. problem is...with the exception of rios...all of the fighters i named are gbp fighters. arum won't roll the dice against them.

Poffy, while I agree wholeheartedly with everything you've stated here, the bottom line fact is that in order for Arum to get 100% behind a black fighter that fighter has to have skills like Floyd or punching power like Tyson with a super big mouth and libido so that Bob can market him properly.

Arum is unwilling to go all out marketing Brad like he did Pac for two reasons: he is not a big puncher, he doesn't have a huge following or opposition lined up against him/The Villian. Bradley is a supernice Christian black man without KO power and without a big mouth and he will not play the Villian in order to sell himself out either.

If Bob had Broner then you can best believe he'd be marketing him as better than Floyd and some sort of KO machine much in the same fashion as he did with Pac.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 5 2013, 07:56 PM
Post #50

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 5 2013, 07:11 PM) *
getting the pac fight trumped any offer khan could have possibly made. i don't think anyone in that position would think the khan fight was the better option.

this was a while before any Pac fight.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 06:30 AM