> Garcia vs. Zab Who do you like?
Dolimite
post Jan 10 2013, 01:41 PM
Post #11

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 10 2013, 09:45 AM) *
u summed it up best here. i really like the improvement i saw in zab...and i picked him to beat khan. what a disappointment. thing about zab...once a fighter asserts himself, zab usually folds. if they show any signs of fear...zab will get in that ass. garcia is riding high...i can't see him giving zab much to go on. he's too big, strong and long for zab.

You give no hope to Zab? I am pulling for him I really am. He is a hot head but he has seem to calm down a bit. I think if he just remains calm than he will do fine. Do you think Sweet Pea has been good for him? I think he is a level headed guy that has given Zab a direction. Plus it seems that Zab has gotten rid of a lot of people and distractions.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Jan 10 2013, 02:26 PM
Post #12

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

I think that the damage Zab's kickboxing (or whatever it was he did) father has done can't be undone. The combination of Zab and Sweet Pea could work if they had met like 15 years ago. Zab has shown some improvements but in the core, he is still the same Zab who folds when the lights are too bright. At least in my opinion.

I have to say it again...it kinda hurts seeing someone with his skills not reaching his full potential.

Although I have Garcia winning the fight, I think that if Zab uses his speed and doesn't get caught up with his ego and bad discipline, he can make it interesting...if he does get caught up with that bs, he will end up like Khan.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 10 2013, 03:14 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 10 2013, 02:41 PM) *
You give no hope to Zab? I am pulling for him I really am. He is a hot head but he has seem to calm down a bit. I think if he just remains calm than he will do fine. Do you think Sweet Pea has been good for him? I think he is a level headed guy that has given Zab a direction. Plus it seems that Zab has gotten rid of a lot of people and distractions.

I'm not sure sweet pea has been in his corner since the kahn fight.

But I have Garcia by ko or Tko. Once zab feels some power he shells up and folds, I hope he at least gets in there and puts up a fight or makes it interesting unlike the Khan fight but he and holt are very similar and we all saw what Garcia did to holt (and that was before, when he was a slow starter and not as confident). I would have rather seen lamont in there with Garcia. He's more mentally prepared for a fight like this, incredible ability to adjust, that kid can straight up flip off adversity in the face.

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Jan 10 2013, 08:30 PM
Post #14

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

I am pulling for Zab. Hung with Zab a few times, so I'm pulling for him. The Zab that showed up in the first 1/2 of the Mayweather fight, would beat most fighters. He has so much talent but can't seem to match the physical AND the mental. I don't know what it is....or why....

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 10 2013, 08:33 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Jan 10 2013, 08:30 PM) *
I am pulling for Zab. Hung with Zab a few times, so I'm pulling for him. The Zab that showed up in the first 1/2 of the Mayweather fight, would beat most fighters. He has so much talent but can't seem to match the physical AND the mental. I don't know what it is....or why....

it's like franchize said....he's a brooklyn fighter...

+Quote Post
p4pcrown
post Jan 10 2013, 08:43 PM
Post #16

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,358

I'm going for Zab but I'm not getting my hopes up. Lol

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jan 10 2013, 09:28 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

I agree with Franchize that Zab's more skilled than Garcia, but Garcia's younger, is improving and isn't a shit boxer by any stretch of the imagination. He obviously has legit power too.
That being said, I'm picking Zab. If I hadn't followed Zab's career as have most on here and just looked at this on paper, I'd probably pick the younger, big punching Garcia.

The points already made by others about whether Zab can handle the heat in the kitchen are completely valid and might be proven true.

Could easily go either way.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 11 2013, 01:19 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 10 2013, 09:28 PM) *
I agree with Franchize that Zab's more skilled than Garcia, but Garcia's younger, is improving and isn't a shit boxer by any stretch of the imagination. He obviously has legit power too.
That being said, I'm picking Zab. If I hadn't followed Zab's career as have most on here and just looked at this on paper, I'd probably pick the younger, big punching Garcia.

The points already made by others about whether Zab can handle the heat in the kitchen are completely valid and might be proven true.

Could easily go either way.

zab is still fast as shit and still has that equalizing punch....anything can happen.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 11 2013, 01:38 PM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Danny's body shots stray low from time to time...so let's go ahead and brace ourselves for a premeditated Judah excuse when a body shot lands on the belt line. I can feel it coming...

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jan 11 2013, 01:44 PM
Post #20

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I smell a melee after the bell, whether it be between rounds or after the fight. I fully expect some fuckery to take place. Security better be high because I expect a riot to ensue lol

I'm not sure sweet pea has been in his corner since the kahn fight.

Zab's uncle was training him. He's actually pretty good. He's much better than Yoel. His name is James Harvey. Rumor has it that Yoel is coming back to Zab's corner though...which would explain the scuffle at the press conference. Yoel is as volatile as Zab...if not more.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Jan 11 2013, 01:47 PM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 06:17 AM