Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Arum claims that there no Issues concerning May&Pac Fight
Jack 1000
post Aug 4 2011, 01:52 PM
Post #11

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I would say Manny but his has 0 boxing skills, no jab, and his defense is left to be desired

That's a wee bit extreme, don't you think? Floyd and Manny are considered interchangeably to be the #1 and #2 boxes P4P in the world today. Don't discount what Manny is capable of doing, or Floyd for that matter.

Jack

PS. I don't believe this fight happens until I see them in the ring. Case closed.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 4 2011, 02:14 PM
Post #12

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Member No.: 2

LOL

Yeah right!

Arum says there are no issues because, according to him, USADA can handle Floyd's testing in the United States whereas WADA will handle Manny's testing in the Philippines.

In other words, he's preparing to throw the blame back onto Mayweather. He already knows Floyd isn't going to agree to that because, just like Team Pacquiao allegedly is concerned with the neutrality of USADA, Floyd is OBVIOUSLY going to be concerned with the neutrality of some Philippine organization testing one of their own Congressman. He knows Floyd will raise a stink about that, so he's acting like there is no issue as far as they're concerned...that way, when Floyd doesn't agree to that, they'll once again point the finger at him to say, "See, we told you he was scared to fight." Nevermind the fact that WADA has already said that it doesn't make any sense for two different organizations to handle the testing if the event is taking place in the United States. As far as I was told, USADA has no problems with testing athletes overseas, so I'm not sure why they can't test Manny in the Philippines too.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Aug 4 2011, 02:16 PM
Post #13

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 4 2011, 02:14 PM) *
LOL

Yeah right!

Arum says there are no issues because, according to him, USADA can handle Floyd's testing in the United States whereas WADA will handle Manny's testing in the Philippines.

In other words, he's preparing to throw the blame back onto Mayweather. He already knows Floyd isn't going to agree to that because, just like Team Pacquiao allegedly is concerned with the neutrality of USADA, Floyd is OBVIOUSLY going to be concerned with the neutrality of some Philippine organization testing one of their own Congressman. He knows Floyd will raise a stink about that, so he's acting like there is no issue as far as they're concerned...that way, when Floyd doesn't agree to that, they'll once again point the finger at him to say, "See, we told you he was scared to fight." Nevermind the fact that WADA has already said that it doesn't make any sense for two different organizations to handle the testing if the event is taking place in the United States. As far as I was told, USADA has no problems with testing athletes overseas, so I'm not sure why they can't test Manny in the Philippines too.

lol i knew it

+Quote Post
True-Boxing-Fan
post Aug 4 2011, 03:10 PM
Post #14

Super Flyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,813

QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 4 2011, 12:14 PM) *
LOL

Yeah right!

So then the only way to make this fight happen now is if Pacquiao trains in the US? Is that the solution then? Ok everybody, if anybody from here on out wants to fight Floyd Jr, you have to do your training in the US only. First Floyd wants OSDT then he wants you have to train in the US. Any foreign fighter that wants to fight him train in the US or nothing because he skeptical. How about this, just retire after the Ortiz fight when you beat him and claim you have nothing else to prove. Because anyway I could give a s#%t about this fight. The requirements to make this fight happen is a joke. F&#k everyone involved in this. Please please let there be an upset in either or both the Pacquiao-Marquez fight or the Ortiz-mayweather fight so all the BS can get blown up. War Marquez and Ortiz.

This post has been edited by True-Boxing-Fan: Aug 4 2011, 03:16 PM

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Aug 4 2011, 03:30 PM
Post #15

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Aug 4 2011, 03:10 PM) *
So then the only way to make this fight happen now is if Pacquiao trains in the US? Is that the solution then? Ok everybody, if anybody from here on out wants to fight Floyd Jr, you have to do your training in the US only. First Floyd wants OSDT then he wants you have to train in the US. Any foreign fighter that wants to fight him train in the US or nothing because he skeptical. How about this, just retire after the Ortiz fight when you beat him and claim you have nothing else to prove. Because anyway I could give a s#%t about this fight. The requirements to make this fight happen is a joke. F&#k everyone involved in this. Please please let there be an upset in either or both the Pacquiao-Marquez fight or the Ortiz-mayweather fight so all the BS can get blown up. War Marquez and Ortiz.

I don't believe that's whats being said at all, Hype is say(correct me if i'm wrong) that there is no reason that the USADA can't test Manny while he's in the Philippines. Manny plans on training in two countries, there is no problem with that, as long as he takes the tests done by the USADA. The organization recommended by WADA

+Quote Post
caneman
post Aug 4 2011, 03:58 PM
Post #16

Amateur

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,310

On another note there is this!!!! http://www.badlefthook.com/2011/8/4/234484...efault-judgment

+Quote Post
Hops
post Aug 4 2011, 06:53 PM
Post #17

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 10,849

How can the fight happen when Pacquiao has filed for a default winning motion against Floyd. He claimed he has offered Floyd 24 dates for the deposition but Floyd has excuses for everyone of them.

Or maybe, Arum is outmaneuvering Floyd regarding this part of the "negotiation". Fight and we drop the law suit.

+Quote Post
Hops
post Aug 4 2011, 07:02 PM
Post #18

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 10,849

And on a side note. WADA > USADA. If it has a go signal by WADA, then it's as good as USADA already. The ball would be back on Floyd's hand. Bob Arum was criticizing USADA (because of people inside it). Now that Bob has approved of USADA but is asking for WADA intervention, should Mayweather criticize WADA, too?

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 4 2011, 08:03 PM
Post #19

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 4 2011, 04:30 PM) *
I don't believe that's whats being said at all, Hype is say(correct me if i'm wrong) that there is no reason that the USADA can't test Manny while he's in the Philippines. Manny plans on training in two countries, there is no problem with that, as long as he takes the tests done by the USADA. The organization recommended by WADA

What do you know? Somebody who can actually read without getting all worked up because they hate Floyd Mayweather. LOL.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 4 2011, 08:05 PM
Post #20

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

QUOTE (Hops @ Aug 4 2011, 08:02 PM) *
And on a side note. WADA > USADA. If it has a go signal by WADA, then it's as good as USADA already. The ball would be back on Floyd's hand. Bob Arum was criticizing USADA (because of people inside it). Now that Bob has approved of USADA but is asking for WADA intervention, should Mayweather criticize WADA, too?

On another side note, WADA said to use USADA because the even is taking place in the US and it wouldn't make any sense, both logistically AND financially, to use two different organizations.

DO YOUR RESARCH!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 04:37 PM