IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> amir khan supposedly training with virgil hunter..., my questions...
daprofessor
post Sep 19 2012, 02:24 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

does anyone think he will make the necessary changes to be successful?

does he have a shot at being a title holder again?

freddie suggested that amir avoid punchers....do you agree? and should gbp match him appropriately from here on out?

there's rumor of him wanting to fight matthysse this year....can you guys see him beating matthysse? i can't.

what's his next move?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 19 2012, 02:39 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 19 2012, 03:24 PM) *
does anyone think he will make the necessary changes to be successful?

does he have a shot at being a title holder again?

freddie suggested that amir avoid punchers....do you agree? and should gbp match him appropriately from here on out?

there's rumor of him wanting to fight matthysse this year....can you guys see him beating matthysse? i can't.

what's his next move?

I heard angulo is under his wing now as well.

But I don't think that's a good idea for amir, he should take a soft touch. Say what you want about him but he does fight good competition. He should definitely stay away from Lucas for now and he needs to figure out if he wants to stay at 140 or go to 47 and quit the mayweather talk until he earns it. At 147 I think once he takes the weight he can be effective. Especially with a trainer like virgil, who isn't a defensive wiz but he sets up game plans that keep you out of trouble instead of just going out there guns blazing

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 19 2012, 07:34 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 19 2012, 02:39 PM) *
I heard angulo is under his wing now as well.

But I don't think that's a good idea for amir, he should take a soft touch. Say what you want about him but he does fight good competition. He should definitely stay away from Lucas for now and he needs to figure out if he wants to stay at 140 or go to 47 and quit the mayweather talk until he earns it. At 147 I think once he takes the weight he can be effective. Especially with a trainer like virgil, who isn't a defensive wiz but he sets up game plans that keep you out of trouble instead of just going out there guns blazing

i think 147 is long overdue. i also think he needs to get rid of that bullshit strength and conditioning coach he had. i'm sure virgil won't allow it. i disagree about virgil not being a defensive wiz...i think he teaches solid defense. i've not seen ward hurt in years. he barely gets hit clean.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 19 2012, 08:11 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

wondering....does anyone think brother nazim would have been a better pick?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 19 2012, 08:22 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Khan should be okay under Virgil, though Virgil has been with Ward his whole life. So, Ward's accomplishments that shouldn't really be used as a reliable measuring stick (in my opinion).

I think Amir will be as okay as he allows himself to be...meaning, he has to be open to what Virgil works on, so him getting ktfo should always be in the back of his mind, to help him drop his old ways and pick up what works for him.

No need to see Khan sprawled out over the ring, or shapeshifting into a fuckin' antelope anymore...dude needs to make sure we dont see that again.

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/DrunkKhan_zps5f9907e4.jpg)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 19 2012, 08:24 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 19 2012, 09:11 PM) *
wondering....does anyone think brother nazim would have been a better pick?

Yes, but neither, Hunter and Richardson will go easy on him. Both of them have fighters, but their schedules aren't really packed at the moment, so Khan came in at the right time...had it been Hunter or Richardson, in this case, its Hunter.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Sep 19 2012, 09:57 PM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I think it was a great pick. Most fighters would have gone the glamorous route and sought out a guy like Manny Steward. Hunter is a top notch trainer who isnt a household name. He is also someone who will probably put a foot in Khans ass and has one of the most disciplined and dedicated fighters in the sport on his side. The work ethic and boxing knowledge within that camp should certainly be a positive.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 19 2012, 10:19 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I always said that if he switched that he should look at Steward, Nazim, and Virgil. Nazim was my first choice for him, but I think Hunter will work wonders for him. It's not really about the punchers he faces, the scrutiny he gets, he needs to "learn". I have deep respect for his former trainer but it's a difference between a trainer and a master in this sport. and people like Hunter and Richardson are masters at what they do

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Sep 19 2012, 10:19 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 19 2012, 11:22 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 19 2012, 10:57 PM) *
He is also someone who will probably put a foot in Khans ass

LMFAO! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

The little shit that you say Franchize! The little shit that you say...

PS: I thought you said "put a FORK in his ass"! Sorry...alcohol is taking a toll on me. I think that stupid picture that I posted of Khan, along with my fatally interpreted perception of your post, took me over the top! LOL

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Sep 20 2012, 12:26 AM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 19 2012, 08:22 PM) *
Khan should be okay under Virgil, though Virgil has been with Ward his whole life. So, Ward's accomplishments that shouldn't really be used as a reliable measuring stick (in my opinion).

I think Amir will be as okay as he allows himself to be...meaning, he has to be open to what Virgil works on, so him getting ktfo should always be in the back of his mind, to help him drop his old ways and pick up what works for him.

No need to see Khan sprawled out over the ring, or shapeshifting into a fuckin' antelope anymore...dude needs to make sure we dont see that again.

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/DrunkKhan_zps5f9907e4.jpg)

Jesus C', where did you get that pic...awesome stuff (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (Your signature deserves some respect as well)

Anyways, I will not make any assessments of Khan situation until I see him perform at least 1-2 times under Hunter. (Sounds nasty,lol)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 04:16 AM