Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Boxers Mayweather has ducked, Boxers mayweather is scared to fight
MRstaze
post Sep 29 2010, 11:45 AM
Post #1

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,027

Everyone says Mayweather is ducking great opponents. Who are they apart from Magarito and Cotto?
(Not that im a Mayweather fan.. just curious to know)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Sep 29 2010, 01:14 PM
Post #2

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (MRstaze @ Sep 29 2010, 05:45 PM) *
Everyone says Mayweather is ducking great opponents. Who are they apart from Magarito and Cotto?
(Not that im a Mayweather fan.. just curious to know)

Off the top of my head, I would say Cotto, Margarito, and Williams. Not saying that these guys were that great and truthfully I would have picked Floyd to win each one of those fights, but there is a huge difference between predicting how a fight plays out and how a fight actually plays out. It wouldn't have been so frustrating if he was busy fighting other good fighters, but instead he was fighting guys like Brusseles and Corley or retiring for 2 years. I mean that's fine and all, but you can't do all that then turn around and call yourself the greatest fighter that ever lived. Just doesn't work that way.

This post has been edited by Snoop: Sep 29 2010, 02:28 PM

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Sep 29 2010, 02:30 PM
Post #3

Bourbon County Stout

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,759

Mayweather ducked Mosley for years & Margarito shamelessly. He should have fought Cotto when they were both undefeated but I'm not sure he ducked him. I think that went both ways. And I wouldn't say he ducked Williams anymore than anybody else did.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Sep 29 2010, 02:37 PM
Post #4

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

Pac. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

Winky Wright... after he called him out.

This post has been edited by Lil-lightsout: Sep 29 2010, 02:38 PM

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Sep 29 2010, 03:23 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

Whether he ducked them, they refused to fight him, or whatever....the above mentioned are all fights that didn't happen. For whatever reason that may be, it will harm Floyds legacy.

+Quote Post
sweetscientist1
post Sep 29 2010, 03:31 PM
Post #6

SoCali Cum Guzzler

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,549

QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 29 2010, 03:30 PM) *
Mayweather ducked Mosley for years & Margarito shamelessly. He should have fought Cotto when they were both undefeated but I'm not sure he ducked him. I think that went both ways. And I wouldn't say he ducked Williams anymore than anybody else did.

Dude please. do your homework. You can go to youtube and find Floyd calling out mosely in 99 & 03! Do the homework yo. Also Nobody in either camp even initiated any negotiations for a Cotto vs Mayweather fight. When? who? And as far as Williams as an opponent, that makes absolutely no sense at all. When it comes to his boxing resume, not to mention his lack of PPV; WHO THE FUCK IS PAUL WILLIAMS? Not only is he grossly lacking in skill to fight on the PBF level but he fights like he's 5'5. Williams is an accomplished fighter for a guy his age and competition level, but that's about it. He's so deficient in the ring experience area for somebody like Floyd that I'm shocked that people really have that much interest in Paulie fighting Floyd. Sergio gave Paul the fight of his life and really did kick Pauls ass. Also Cintron was starting to come over on him with the right hand and this guy is 6ft 2in tall? Also, against in old Winky Wright who hadn't fought in 2 years, Paulie threw 118 punches in the 3rd round and connnected 18x's. When PBF fought JLC in fight I: In the 10th, Floyd threw 25 punches and connected 18x's with a torn rotator cuff and a fractured right hand. There's just way too much of a disparity between skill sets and I would be shocked at all knowing Floyd and his myopia if he even had an opinion on this dude Williams. I know Floyd has already stated that he wants a piece of Sergio. But Williams isn't the type of fighter that anybody can really get excited about on that level because outside of an old semi- retired Winky Wright? Who has he beat? Carlos Quintana was it. And that was after Carlos beat the livin shit outta him. Carlos came to the 2nd fight somewhere else mentally and got KO'd. Still I'm very unimpressed with Paulie's track record but he does have good fight skill. But, is he Mayweather ready? Not in this lifetime!

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Sep 29 2010, 04:15 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Sep 29 2010, 04:31 PM) *
Dude please. do your homework. You can go to youtube and find Floyd calling out mosely in 99 & 03! Do the homework yo. Also Nobody in either camp even initiated any negotiations for a Cotto vs Mayweather fight. When? who? And as far as Williams as an opponent, that makes absolutely no sense at all. When it comes to his boxing resume, not to mention his lack of PPV; WHO THE FUCK IS PAUL WILLIAMS? Not only is he grossly lacking in skill to fight on the PBF level but he fights like he's 5'5. Williams is an accomplished fighter for a guy his age and competition level, but that's about it. He's so deficient in the ring experience area for somebody like Floyd that I'm shocked that people really have that much interest in Paulie fighting Floyd. Sergio gave Paul the fight of his life and really did kick Pauls ass. Also Cintron was starting to come over on him with the right hand and this guy is 6ft 2in tall? Also, against in old Winky Wright who hadn't fought in 2 years, Paulie threw 118 punches in the 3rd round and connnected 18x's. When PBF fought JLC in fight I: In the 10th, Floyd threw 25 punches and connected 18x's with a torn rotator cuff and a fractured right hand. There's just way too much of a disparity between skill sets and I would be shocked at all knowing Floyd and his myopia if he even had an opinion on this dude Williams. I know Floyd has already stated that he wants a piece of Sergio. But Williams isn't the type of fighter that anybody can really get excited about on that level because outside of an old semi- retired Winky Wright? Who has he beat? Carlos Quintana was it. And that was after Carlos beat the livin shit outta him. Carlos came to the 2nd fight somewhere else mentally and got KO'd. Still I'm very unimpressed with Paulie's track record but he does have good fight skill. But, is he Mayweather ready? Not in this lifetime!

Blah, blah....and I mean that as respectfully as possible. I just get fed up with all the 'this would happen', 'Floyd is too good', etc, etc.

Whatever happened, whoever you think would win, whatever you think would happen, hasn't. Bottom line. It hasn't.

Floyd hasn't fought the best of his era. Whether you think he would've beat them or not, Floyd hasn't stepped into the ring with the other upper level fighters consistantly.

Now that's fine for the average fighter - but the self proclaimed GOAT? No where near good enough.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Sep 29 2010, 05:11 PM
Post #8

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

i wouldnt say floyd ducked fights as much as i would say he allowed money fights to get in the way of the fan friendly fights that we could have had.... to say he ducked any of the fighters i think is nonsense... he hasnt cared about his legacy for a long time... his mind is strictly on the dollar fights and in my opinion the money fights for him or possibly some of his easier fights.... i used to think cotto was the man to push him to the limits but in retrospect even when they where both undefeated im not sure thats the case looking back at things... any way just my opinion...

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Sep 29 2010, 05:45 PM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

I disagree with saying he ducked Margarito and Cotto for the fact they're both TR fighters. There's no telling whether or not those negotiations would have went south and in all honesty I think he would have only ended up fighting one of the two fighters. Mayweather would have definitely wanted the lion's share of the purse after having been in a fight that set the PPV record as well as a high guaranteed amount, Arum would just match Margarito and Cotto against each other before dealing with Mayweather and GBP.

In my opinion he ducked PWill, I can't really say he ducked the others. I'd say it's more of wanting the most money possible rather than simply avoiding the fighters. However, being a bitch that doesn't care about your legacy is a different discussion altogether lol.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Sep 29 2010, 05:51 PM
Post #10

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 29 2010, 05:45 PM) *
I disagree with saying he ducked Margarito and Cotto for the fact they're both TR fighters. There's no telling whether or not those negotiations would have went south and in all honesty I think he would have only ended up fighting one of the two fighters. Mayweather would have definitely wanted the lion's share of the purse after having been in a fight that set the PPV record as well as a high guaranteed amount, Arum would just match Margarito and Cotto against each other before dealing with Mayweather and GBP.

In my opinion he ducked PWill, I can't really say he ducked the others. I'd say it's more of wanting the most money possible rather than simply avoiding the fighters. However, being a bitch that doesn't care about your legacy is a different discussion altogether lol.

i wouldnt say he ducked pwill.. in my opinion we as fight fans know pwill would give mayweather fits with his height and reach but nobody outside of us, the hardcore fans no pwill.... thats not the kind of fight he's gonna make... im sure if the pwill fight was worth 40 million to mayweather he'd have risked that zero a long time ago... truth is that may be worth for example, 10 million... we'd have a better chance at seeing may fight cotto in peurto rico for 30 million than pwill for 10... pwill is the better fight but he's not packing seats nor bringing the dollar signs...

+Quote Post

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 05:25 AM