IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 26 27 28 29 30 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Alveraz vs. Trout: SPOILERS, No Duplicate Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of NBC Card
mrchitown
post Apr 21 2013, 02:47 PM
Post #271

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

I had it a 1pt victory for Austin. We're all in agreement that it was a close fight. Me personally, I can't give someone a round when they are landing few and far between punches like Canelo was. The KD was telling because after that, Trout controlled the round. And going forward , Canelo is going to have to work on that stamina. He still is yet to be in a fight where he fights 3mins of the round.

The scorecards were shit, though I had Trout winning by a point, I wouldn't have been upset if Canelo won by a point but those wide scores were simply garbage. Now I see why Trout's team was pissed. The story wen under the radar but Trout's team says they were promised different judges and they were upset about the appointed judges. They came out with this about a day or two before the fight
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 21 2013, 02:48 PM
Post #272

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Apr 21 2013, 06:26 AM) *
The fight was close enough that after 8, Trout should have been able to sweep him to victory. But those fucked up scores change the complexion of the fight. Both camps know the only way one can lose is with knockout. I was bored after I heard those scores. Trout should have known that going in and been more aggressive, but that doesnt make it right.

I'll just say that the use of the WBC open scoring system is killing me as a fan. I wasn't thrilled when it was experimented with after Holyfield-Lewis I, tried to give it a chance when the WBC opted for it at their 2006 convention, and can no longer accept the system. The fight was really good, until Al Bernstein gave the 8th round scores.Then, my interest was lost, in what had been a great fight up to the announcement of the scores, because I knew Trout could no longer win.

Texas needs to remove itself from the Association of Boxing Commissions if they want to continue with the Open Scoring in WBC sanctioned fights, because Open Scoring is a violation of Unified Rules. It doesn't help improve the quality of the judging in any way.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 21 2013, 03:35 PM
Post #273

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 21 2013, 02:54 PM) *
I do not believe just because you throw a few power shots in a round you should be awarded the round. Trout outworked and boxed Alvarez and yes Saul dodged a lot of punches but so did Trout. A lot of Saul's shots landed on Trout's chest and glazed his cheek. Showtime really did push the Saul machine I thought they were HBO, even Paulie was on that band wagon. Trout sounded defeated and I am wondering did he take the gas off on purpose maybe he was paid off hell I do not know. I am upset because judges reward one big shot and they feel that will win rounds when the guy who cuts off the ring sets traps and breaks your guard loses. Someone really has to explain to me how they scored this fight. Saul looked good last night but not enough to win. Win Trout let his hands go great things happened. I'm disgusted right now. Rather they gave the fight to Saul is one thing but to say he did not win a round is ridiculous.

How can you not award a guy who lands a few hard shots? Man I tell, I will keep this post in my memory bank for May 4th. I can't wait to see everybody and their babymama's, cousin's, grandma's, sister's, cousin, give Floyd rounds for landing a few of those short right hands, while Guerrero calls himself boxing by fumbling all over Floyd and missing.

It looked like Trout had baby oil on his gloves all night long...a lot of those shots were either slipped, grazed Canelo, or had no affect on him. Trout didn't land a lot of flush shots, but Canelo did. I cant even say that Canelo landed "a lot" of shots, but the ones that he did land, convinced me that he had control of the fight.

It's hard to tell, because it seemed like Canelo was gassing, but then it seemed like he was playing possum. Either way we slice, I'm sure that didn't expect Canelo to reach in his tool belt the way he did. Everything that we expected Trout to do, he either didn't do it, or he did it but none of it oozed of confidence.

As somebody mentioned, Trout didn't have that killer instinct, and it only played into his detriment in the end. Again, I had him edging the fight by 1 point, but he knew in his heart that he shouldn't have let that fight get as close as it did. Had Trout's hand been raised last night, I wont lie, I wouldn't have felt that he deserved it. It's almost like he packed it, but did just enough to say that he wasn't in there just to survive.

All of this talk about Trout boxing and letting his hands go, just didn't impress me. Is Canelo this "elite" fighter after last night? Nope. Is he well on his way to being a superstar and good fighter? Yep, he's on his way with a full tank of gas. Last night was just a start, and Trout didn't do all that much to derail the train.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 21 2013, 03:51 PM
Post #274

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 21 2013, 01:35 PM) *
How can you not award a guy who lands a few hard shots? Man I tell, I will keep this post in my memory bank for May 4th. I can't wait to see everybody and their babymama's, cousin's, grandma's, sister's, cousin, give Floyd rounds for landing a few of those short right hands, while Guerrero calls himself boxing by fumbling all over Floyd and missing.

It looked like Trout had baby oil on his gloves all night long...a lot of those shots were either slipped, grazed Canelo, or had no affect on him. Trout didn't land a lot of flush shots, but Canelo did. I cant even say that Canelo landed "a lot" of shots, but the ones that he did land, convinced me that he had control of the fight.

It's hard to tell, because it seemed like Canelo was gassing, but then it seemed like he was playing possum. Either way we slice, I'm sure that didn't expect Canelo to reach in his tool belt the way he did. Everything that we expected Trout to do, he either didn't do it, or he did it but none of it oozed of confidence.

As somebody mentioned, Trout didn't have that killer instinct, and it only played into his detriment in the end. Again, I had him edging the fight by 1 point, but he knew in his heart that he shouldn't have let that fight get as close as it did. Had Trout's hand been raised last night, I wont lie, I wouldn't have felt that he deserved it. It's almost like he packed it, but did just enough to say that he wasn't in there just to survive.

All of this talk about Trout boxing and letting his hands go, just didn't impress me. Is Canelo this "elite" fighter after last night? Nope. Is he well on his way to being a superstar and good fighter? Yep, he's on his way with a full tank of gas. Last night was just a start, and Trout didn't do all that much to derail the train.

If Guerrero performs like Trout did and May fights like Saul, then yes Guerrero should win the fight. Oscar De La Hoya landed shots on May but May was more accurate and the busy fighter that night.

Trout was the busy fighter, yes Saul improved and looked great in some spurts but come on Cshels it was close and again I give it 7-5 or 8-4 to Trout but its whatever.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 21 2013, 04:31 PM
Post #275

The Consultant

Mixed views on who won the fight, but most don't like "Open Scoring."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1612023...a-of-good-fight

Jack

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 21 2013, 04:48 PM
Post #276

The Consultant

Interesting break down of the fight and a writer's poll: Wide range of scores:

http://www.badlefthook.com/canelo-alvarez-...vs-austin-trout

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 21 2013, 10:35 PM
Post #277

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 21 2013, 04:51 PM) *
If Guerrero performs like Trout did and May fights like Saul, then yes Guerrero should win the fight. Oscar De La Hoya landed shots on May but May was more accurate and the busy fighter that night.

Trout was the busy fighter, yes Saul improved and looked great in some spurts but come on Cshels it was close and again I give it 7-5 or 8-4 to Trout but its whatever.

Lol, I should make this very post part of my sig...just so I can hold you to it. *still considering it*

If Trout was as busy as you say he was, then that would've made Canelo just as busy (which he wasn't). If Trout was so busy, then why was the fight so freakin' close??? This frustration isn't 110% directed towards you, but more towards Trout.

As much of an asshole as you guys think I am for repeating this, I have to do it...if a fight comes down to a 7-5 affair, then it's sure to end in controversy. To me, 7 rounds to 5, is too damn close to 6-6 (a draw), so some judges will "give" a certain fighter that ONE round, just to avoid a draw.

As strange as it sounds, a robbery is always better than a draw. We're all sitting here discussing the decision last night, but think of how sour we'd be if that fight was scored a draw. We'd want ONE of the fighters to win, but the fact neither of them would've actually won (if a draw occurred), then that would've been a HUGE waste of out time.

Well, now that I think about it, I still have that "draw" feeling, because I had Trout edging it by a pre-teen's pubic hair, but Canelo won, and there's no chance of a rematch because the oh-so shitty contracts have been signed. Those contracts were whack...they just about as whack as biscuit-chin Khan going into D.C. to fight Peterson WITHOUT a rematch clause, then begging like a bitch after the "questionable" decision was announced.

Trout's not a draw (translation: bring in money) like Khan, so he can eternally bitch and moan (if he so chooses to) for a rematch, but his voice wont be heard. Sad, but true. If anything, Trout will get Canelo after he gets Cotto (which is coming this fall), then Mayweather. He can be 2-0 or 1-1 in those fights, THEN he'll come back and decide to fight Trout...if he so pleases. Trout put himself in a bad spot, just as Cotto did when he decided to fight Trout.

PS: I wonder if Cotto will get the bigger split when he and Canelo fight. Common sense says "yes"...its not like he Mosley begging for a payday, but in the boxing world, Cotto will end up getting the smaller cut. If GBP gets real bitchy, then it may be a 51/49 split like it was in the Pac/Hatton fight...or it was some weird number like that. Lol

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 21 2013, 11:27 PM
Post #278

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I'm still a fan of Austin Trout. I thought he did enough to win the fight somewhere between 8- and 7-5 roundsI think we all learned that he graduated from the Tim Bradley school of power punching. He was very feather fisted last nite.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 22 2013, 11:21 AM
Post #279

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 21 2013, 08:35 PM) *
Lol, I should make this very post part of my sig...just so I can hold you to it. *still considering it*

If Trout was as busy as you say he was, then that would've made Canelo just as busy (which he wasn't). If Trout was so busy, then why was the fight so freakin' close??? This frustration isn't 110% directed towards you, but more towards Trout.

As much of an asshole as you guys think I am for repeating this, I have to do it...if a fight comes down to a 7-5 affair, then it's sure to end in controversy. To me, 7 rounds to 5, is too damn close to 6-6 (a draw), so some judges will "give" a certain fighter that ONE round, just to avoid a draw.

As strange as it sounds, a robbery is always better than a draw. We're all sitting here discussing the decision last night, but think of how sour we'd be if that fight was scored a draw. We'd want ONE of the fighters to win, but the fact neither of them would've actually won (if a draw occurred), then that would've been a HUGE waste of out time.

Well, now that I think about it, I still have that "draw" feeling, because I had Trout edging it by a pre-teen's pubic hair, but Canelo won, and there's no chance of a rematch because the oh-so shitty contracts have been signed. Those contracts were whack...they just about as whack as biscuit-chin Khan going into D.C. to fight Peterson WITHOUT a rematch clause, then begging like a bitch after the "questionable" decision was announced.

Trout's not a draw (translation: bring in money) like Khan, so he can eternally bitch and moan (if he so chooses to) for a rematch, but his voice wont be heard. Sad, but true. If anything, Trout will get Canelo after he gets Cotto (which is coming this fall), then Mayweather. He can be 2-0 or 1-1 in those fights, THEN he'll come back and decide to fight Trout...if he so pleases. Trout put himself in a bad spot, just as Cotto did when he decided to fight Trout.

PS: I wonder if Cotto will get the bigger split when he and Canelo fight. Common sense says "yes"...its not like he Mosley begging for a payday, but in the boxing world, Cotto will end up getting the smaller cut. If GBP gets real bitchy, then it may be a 51/49 split like it was in the Pac/Hatton fight...or it was some weird number like that. Lol

I go back to the fight overall. Trout fought full rounds and I stand by my statement. If Guerrero fought like Trout then yes he should win and if Mayweather fights like Saul then he should lose. I would of accepted a draw but like you said Trout should blame himself. I guess the stage was too big but in my opinion and the opinion of many others Trout won.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 22 2013, 02:22 PM
Post #280

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 21 2013, 03:48 PM) *
I'll just say that the use of the WBC open scoring system is killing me as a fan. I wasn't thrilled when it was experimented with after Holyfield-Lewis I, tried to give it a chance when the WBC opted for it at their 2006 convention, and can no longer accept the system. The fight was really good, until Al Bernstein gave the 8th round scores.Then, my interest was lost, in what had been a great fight up to the announcement of the scores, because I knew Trout could no longer win.

Texas needs to remove itself from the Association of Boxing Commissions if they want to continue with the Open Scoring in WBC sanctioned fights, because Open Scoring is a violation of Unified Rules. It doesn't help improve the quality of the judging in any way.

Jack

totally agree.

cristidoulu or whatever that judges name is...needs to be relieved of his duties as a judge. what the hell was he watching???

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 26 27 28 29 30 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 10:34 AM