> Matthysse vs Peterson
checkleft
post Mar 7 2013, 03:30 PM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 7 2013, 01:50 PM) *
This very post made the fight THAT much more interesting!

Was I the only one that saw Matthysse having a hard time with Soto? Just in small spurts during the fight, nothing super clear.

I gave some of the early rounds to soto. He's just so active and he's a banger as well, but even with the hard shots he was landing I thought matthysse stayed composed and unaffected.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sduck
post Mar 7 2013, 06:00 PM
Post #22

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

lol i think Matthysse gonna beat the breaks off Peterson...will be a heavy fight for both though

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Mar 9 2013, 01:15 PM
Post #23

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

This should be a rough rough fight and I think the outcome could go either way bc Peterson is versatile and has a chin. Just from a living room perspective it looks like matthysse has the size advantage though. dog fight!

+Quote Post
jdubbya33
post Mar 9 2013, 01:54 PM
Post #24

Amateur

Member No.: 11,546

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Feb 23 2013, 07:58 AM) *
It seems that Shafer wants to try and make this fight for May 18th in DC with Brook vs Alexander on the undercard. I like this matchup but ive been reading alot of hate on other sites. You know the usual GBP is trying to protect Garcia. But Garcia vs Judah is scheduled for April 27th so I dont see why this fight cant be made. Matthysse has to fight somebody right? At least he gets a title shot. Personally I dont care where Dannys ranked I think Peterson is the best at 140. A win over Peterson could put Matthysse in line for a Mayweather shot. What do you guys think?

I believe Peterson has a better chance than many people think. If he can neutralize Matthesse's right hand things will get really interesting. The body punches will test Matthysse like never before.Great Match-up. As far as Mayweather-Matthysse, Floyd would dominate Lucas.

+Quote Post
SharpShooter
post Mar 9 2013, 05:22 PM
Post #25

Amateur

Member No.: 13,182

I think Matthysse stops Peterson late in a war.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 23 2013, 11:01 PM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

Fight is official for the Alexander card according to the front page, I love it!!!

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Mar 24 2013, 02:06 AM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I like this fight. two top guys going at it. i'm slightly favoring Peterson here. If he can get past a rough patch in the first 2 rounds(like in all of his fights lately), he can box and beat Matthysse.

Matthysse ins nothing special. He's a guy that's really big and strong for the weightclass. I think he came in at 160 on fightnight last time out. How long can he maintain at 140? The drains will have to start effecting his performances at some point.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 25 2013, 12:17 PM
Post #28

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 24 2013, 03:06 AM) *
Matthysse ins nothing special. He's a guy that's really big and strong for the weightclass. I think he came in at 160 on fightnight last time out. How long can he maintain at 140? The drains will have to start effecting his performances at some point.

I believe that was a typo, and Matthysse cleared it up in an interview shortly after. I thought that the 20lbs rehydration had been his advantage all along. Lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 25 2013, 04:27 PM
Post #29

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

matthysse is going to stop peterson.

peterson likes to block most of the punches and isn't the type to move around and make u miss totally. that will be his undoing. sitting in the pocket trading with a guy like matthysse is not good for your health or your boxing career.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 8 2013, 07:53 PM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

This fight is being fought at 141??? Any thoughts on to why this would take place at a bs catchweight other than my reasoning that its so Lucas and lamont don't lose ranking win or lose?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 04:52 AM