IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How dare these fighters challenge Fedor with their somewhat primitve skills..., They're just as good as dead.
Warlord
post Nov 11 2009, 07:40 PM
Post #21

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 11 2009, 03:36 PM) *
No doubt fedor is a bad ass but man that muthaf*cker got a weak ass physique. I no it don't mean sh*t obviousley he keeps winning it's just that he doesn't look like a damn fighter let alone athlete. The average fan or media would proably think what the f*ck is this guy doing as one of the best they would think it's a joke.

But hey it's working for him but i don't think it would hurt him to hit a few more crunches during training.

Dude, seriously, why are you so hung up over the man's body? Who watches sports to look at another man's body, lol? The NFL has proven time and again that body physique doesn't mean SHIT. Yeah, it's nice to have a 6-pack, but when you're decapitating mother-fuckings and subbing them out at the rate Fedor has, does any of that shit really matter in the end?

Fedor is the best fighter in the world. (Better than your boy Anderson Silva, by a damn sight.) Let's just let it stand at that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Nov 11 2009, 08:30 PM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (Warlord @ Nov 11 2009, 08:40 PM) *
Dude, seriously, why are you so hung up over the man's body? Who watches sports to look at another man's body, lol? The NFL has proven time and again that body physique doesn't mean SHIT. Yeah, it's nice to have a 6-pack, but when you're decapitating mother-fuckings and subbing them out at the rate Fedor has, does any of that shit really matter in the end?

Fedor is the best fighter in the world. (Better than your boy Anderson Silva, by a damn sight.) Let's just let it stand at that.

Here we go again.

First off it does matter sometimes how a fighter looks especially if you want to be marketable. Fedor wins yes but he looks like a f*cking plummer should it matter no but like i said sometimes it does.

Now it suprsies me that you being a boxing fan really think Fedor is the better fighter right now. Don't get me wrong i like him but he ain't better than Silva right now Silva like i have mentioned so many times befoer fights like a true proffessional he looks like he knows what he's doing and his strikes are sharp and accurate. Fedor on the other hand fights so f*Cking sloppy always leaving himself open like when Fujita had him doing the zab Judah chicken dance luckly for Fedor he was able to take Fujita down who has no ground game whatsoever and choked him out.

Anderson is p4p the best so f*cking what Fedor whooped Rogers who the f*ck was this guy any way he had a win over Arlovski who arguably has the weakest f*cking chin in all of MMA other than that he fought no one of name. I was actually supsried it took Fedor that long to finish him.

Most MMA rankings have Silva #1 so you can fool yourself all you want but it still won't change anything.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Nov 12 2009, 02:25 AM
Post #23

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

Body type is important, depending upon your style. In fact there is an MMA magazine out at the moment with an article covering just that topic

It has Anderson Silva as your protypical striker. Long and lean for flexibility, and power generated through speed

It has Lesnar as your protypical grappler. Muscular, low body fat, thick neck and torso.

And it had GSP as your all rounder, the blend.

Then it tried to fit fedor into these molds. He was unusual in that he has a thick torso to aid his grappling and throws, but relatively thin limbs by comparison. It speculated these thin limbs aided the retention of speed and power for his striking. So good at grappling, good at striking, sounds like fedor to me.

Regardless of his plumber looks, Fedor is a fighting specimen worth cloning

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Nov 12 2009, 12:48 PM
Post #24

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

There are some definite wholes in Fedor's striking, but he is a beast all around and I have no problem with him being the p4p just based on his total body of work. It goes back to the arguement of what weighs more technique or accomplishments. I alway lean towards accomplishments.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Nov 13 2009, 09:55 PM
Post #25

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 11 2009, 08:30 PM) *
Here we go again.

First off it does matter sometimes how a fighter looks especially if you want to be marketable. Fedor wins yes but he looks like a f*cking plummer should it matter no but like i said sometimes it does.

We're not debating who the most marketable fighter in the world is. (It ain't Anderson Silva.) We're debating who the best fighter in the world is. (It ain't Anderson Silva.)

Now it suprsies me that you being a boxing fan really think Fedor is the better fighter right now. Don't get me wrong i like him but he ain't better than Silva right now Silva like i have mentioned so many times befoer fights like a true proffessional he looks like he knows what he's doing and his strikes are sharp and accurate.

Fights like a true professional? Go back and watch the debacle that was Silva/Leitas. The man did much of nothing for 5 rounds, intentionally refusing to engage his opponent as a way to "protest" his desire for a pay increase from Dana White. Fucking ridiculous, and the last thing I'd expect from a "professional."

Fedor, on the other hand, is always humble, never insults his opponents, never refuses to fight or engage because "the money wasn't right," nor does he dance on the way to the ring, in the ring, or on the way out of the ring after the fight.

Fedor on the other hand fights so f*Cking sloppy always leaving himself open like when Fujita had him doing the zab Judah chicken dance luckly for Fedor he was able to take Fujita down who has no ground game whatsoever and choked him out.

Fedor wasn't doing the fucking chicken dance, dude. See, I hate when you guys read about a fight on the internet somewhere and then start talking like you actually know what's up. Fedor was hurt, but not to any degree that prevented him from taking Fujita down and finishing him. The mark of a champion. And a hell of alot better than getting subbed by D fighters like Daiju Takase.

Anderson is p4p the best so f*cking what Fedor whooped Rogers who the f*ck was this guy any way he had a win over Arlovski who arguably has the weakest f*cking chin in all of MMA other than that he fought no one of name. I was actually supsried it took Fedor that long to finish him.

Sylvia and Arlovski were UFC champions. Rogers has some of the heaviest hands in the sport. They were only "bums" after Fedor crushed them because haters like you decreed it so.

Most MMA rankings have Silva #1 so you can fool yourself all you want but it still won't change anything.

Here you go, tiger. Just a few sites with MMA P4P rankings. Guess whose on top? (Hint: It ain't Silva.)

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/27913708/
http://www.mmaringreport.com/mma-rankings/...rankings/2.html
http://www.profighting-fans.com/rankings/m...-for-pound.html
http://www.thetrianglechoke.com/TTC_Rankings.html
http://www.mmamadhouse.com/mma-rankings/

Sherdog and Yahoo Sports have not listed their rankings yet for this month, but I will update this list again when they do.

Later buddy.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Nov 14 2009, 02:37 AM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Warlord @ Nov 13 2009, 10:55 PM) *
We're not debating who the most marketable fighter in the world is. (It ain't Anderson Silva.) We're debating who the best fighter in the world is. (It ain't Anderson Silva.)

Fights like a true professional? Go back and watch the debacle that was Silva/Leitas. The man did much of nothing for 5 rounds, intentionally refusing to engage his opponent as a way to "protest" his desire for a pay increase from Dana White. Fucking ridiculous, and the last thing I'd expect from a "professional."

Fedor, on the other hand, is always humble, never insults his opponents, never refuses to fight or engage because "the money wasn't right," nor does he dance on the way to the ring, in the ring, or on the way out of the ring after the fight.

Fedor wasn't doing the fucking chicken dance, dude. See, I hate when you guys read about a fight on the internet somewhere and then start talking like you actually know what's up. Fedor was hurt, but not to any degree that prevented him from taking Fujita down and finishing him. The mark of a champion. And a hell of alot better than getting subbed by D fighters like Daiju Takase.

Sylvia and Arlovski were UFC champions. Rogers has some of the heaviest hands in the sport. They were only "bums" after Fedor crushed them because haters like you decreed it so.

Here you go, tiger. Just a few sites with MMA P4P rankings. Guess whose on top? (Hint: It ain't Silva.)

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/27913708/
http://www.mmaringreport.com/mma-rankings/...rankings/2.html
http://www.profighting-fans.com/rankings/m...-for-pound.html
http://www.thetrianglechoke.com/TTC_Rankings.html
http://www.mmamadhouse.com/mma-rankings/

Sherdog and Yahoo Sports have not listed their rankings yet for this month, but I will update this list again when they do.

Later buddy.

Silva is the best p4p nuff said there.

I never read about the Fedor/Fujita fight i actually have it on tape budddy and Fedor was f*Cking hurt big time and you know it so lets keep it real.

fedor/fujita

Check out 2:54 your right it wasn't a chicken dance it was more like fedors poor attempt at break dancing. Fedor was hurt my man lets not try and downplay it.

Now I love how you try to make Rogers seem like some kind of baddass c'mon man Rogers hand't done sh*t in MMA but score a KO over Arlovski any HW with a decent punch can stop Arlvovski if they touch that glass jaw of his.

Again your giving Fedor all the credit in the world for beating Rogers but complaine about how Anderson dominated Leitas (who is a much more accomplshed fighter than Rogers by the way)it's not his fault everytime he was ready to engage Leitas would drop to the floor on his own Leitas was scare shitless still Anderson wasn't even touched and won every rd easly.

You keep bringing up Silvas early losses but like i keep telling you what the f*ck does that mean now. I guess your in the minority that believe because Mayweather is undefeated he should be ranked #1 p4p instead of Pacqiuao who has two early losses on his record to D level comp.

Silva has done nothing but dominate the opposition since coming to the UFC Fedor was getting whooped for the first couple minute against Arlvoski and got his nose cut up against Rogers. Silva on the other hand doesn't even get touched.

Your not talking to some tuffy son. I've been watching this sport since UFC 12 Belforts debute it's gonna take a little more to pull a fast one over me.

And here are a some rankings for you

http://www.mmaplayground.com/top-10-mma-fighters.aspx

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/columns/story?id=4335429

http://squabbles.com/2009/06/top-ten-fight...pound-rankings/

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-top-10/Pou...or%20Pound.html

http://blog.mmaratings.net/2009/09/septemb...kings-song.html

And i can tell you right now that last months sherdogs rankings had Anderson at #1. I doubt Fedors win over Rogers was more impressive than Silvas win over Griffin so im pretty sure not much will change there.

This post has been edited by kidbazooka1: Nov 14 2009, 02:52 AM

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Nov 14 2009, 05:48 AM
Post #27

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 14 2009, 03:37 AM) *
Silva is the best p4p nuff said there.

No he isn't. Now it's "nuff said."

I never read about the Fedor/Fujita fight i actually have it on tape budddy and Fedor was f*Cking hurt big time and you know it so lets keep it real.

See my original post above, or a re-post of it here.

QUOTE (Warlord @ Nov 13 2009, 10:55 PM) *
Fedor was hurt, but not to any degree that prevented him from taking Fujita down and finishing him.

In what part of that statement was I wrong?

Now I love how you try to make Rogers seem like some kind of baddass c'mon man Rogers hand't done sh*t in MMA but score a KO over Arlovski any HW with a decent punch can stop Arlvovski if they touch that glass jaw of his.

I never said Rogers was a bad ass. Find a statement to the contrary. I said he has some of the heaviest hands in the sport. And it don't matter what you say about Arlovski. He is a devastating puncher, a former UFC heavyweight champion, and was ranked in the top-10 when Fedor pounded him out. Ditto for Tim Sylvia, minus the one-punch KO power. As I said, these guys are bums to haters like you.

But don't forget one thing; they were champions in the same org you keep using to justify Anderson Silva's career.

Again your giving Fedor all the credit in the world for beating Rogers but complaine about how Anderson dominated Leitas (who is a much more accomplshed fighter than Rogers by the way)it's not his fault everytime he was ready to engage Leitas would drop to the floor on his own Leitas was scare shitless still Anderson wasn't even touched and won every rd easly.

Brother, I shit on Anderson's "professionalism" in that fight, since you seem so keen on portraying him as some kind of class-master. Carrying a fighter for 5 rounds, and refusing to engage him in some lame-ass protest against management is hardly the kind of conduct becoming a proclaimed "gentleman" of the sport.

You keep bringing up Silvas early losses but like i keep telling you what the f*ck does that mean now.

It means EVERYTHING when those losses weren't avenged. They weren't fluke losses either. They were flat-out ownages by sub-par fighters. I guarantee you if Lennox Lewis had not avenged his BRUTAL losses to crap fighters like Oliver McCall and Hasim Rahman, he would not be held in the same esteem that he currently is.

Perhaps it is easy for you to dismiss such a stain on a fighter's career, but it isn't for me. Anderson Silva will never live those losses down, as far as I'm concerned, until he avenges them, or beats stiffer competition. (Not the fucking Nate Marquardts of the world either, who for some ungodly reason you suppose to be ELITE. That right there is about to make me quit a second debate with you, for all it's absurdity.)

I guess your in the minority that believe because Mayweather is undefeated he should be ranked #1 p4p instead of Pacqiuao who has two early losses on his record to D level comp.

I believe that Gayweather is the P4P #1 fighter in the world today because he has the superior skill-set, and would undoubtedly and soundly defeat Pacqiuao should the 2 ever meet. (Though you are right, his record is also a superior one.)

Silva has done nothing but dominate the opposition since coming to the UFC Fedor was getting whooped for the first couple minute against Arlvosk and got his nose cut up against Rogers. Silva on the other hand doesn't even get touched.

Fedor KO'd Arlovski, lest we forget. And you seriously wanna talk about his nose getting cut? Fedor bleeds on the way to the ring. The man has tissue paper for skin. So fucking what?

As for Silva never getting touched... oh really? Dan Henderson beat him up in the 1st round of their fight. Put him on the ground and WORKED him. And lest we forget...

(IMG:http://i18.tinypic.com/358xogi.jpg)

(IMG:http://i18.tinypic.com/4c8y4wy.jpg)

Your not talking to some tuffy son.

That, I truly believe. Even the staunchest TUFfers have never claimed Nate Marquardt to be an elite fighter, no matter how big a Silva nuthugger they were.

Cool, you provided 5 links just like me. I guess that leaves us a far cry away from this little gem...

"Most MMA rankings have Silva #1 so you can fool yourself all you want but it still won't change anything."

Who said that again?

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Nov 14 2009, 01:56 PM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Warlord @ Nov 14 2009, 05:48 AM) *
No he isn't. Now it's "nuff said."

See my original post above, or a re-post of it here.

In what part of that statement was I wrong?

I never said Rogers was a bad ass. Find a statement to the contrary. I said he has some of the heaviest hands in the sport. And it don't matter what you say about Arlovski. He is a devastating puncher, a former UFC heavyweight champion, and was ranked in the top-10 when Fedor pounded him out. Ditto for Tim Sylvia, minus the one-punch KO power. As I said, these guys are bums to haters like you.

But don't forget one thing; they were champions in the same org you keep using to justify Anderson Silva's career.

Brother, I shit on Anderson's "professionalism" in that fight, since you seem so keen on portraying him as some kind of class-master. Carrying a fighter for 5 rounds, and refusing to engage him in some lame-ass protest against management is hardly the kind of conduct becoming a proclaimed "gentleman" of the sport.

It means EVERYTHING when those losses weren't avenged. They weren't fluke losses either. They were flat-out ownages by sub-par fighters. I guarantee you if Lennox Lewis had not avenged his BRUTAL losses to crap fighters like Oliver McCall and Hasim Rahman, he would not be held in the same esteem that he currently is.

Perhaps it is easy for you to dismiss such a stain on a fighter's career, but it isn't for me. Anderson Silva will never live those losses down, as far as I'm concerned, until he avenges them, or beats stiffer competition. (Not the fucking Nate Marquardts of the world either, who for some ungodly reason you suppose to be ELITE. That right there is about to make me quit a second debate with you, for all it's absurdity.)

I believe that Gayweather is the P4P #1 fighter in the world today because he has the superior skill-set, and would undoubtedly and soundly defeat Pacqiuao should the 2 ever meet. (Though you are right, his record is also a superior one.)

Fedor KO'd Arlovski, lest we forget. And you seriously wanna talk about his nose getting cut? Fedor bleeds on the way to the ring. The man has tissue paper for skin. So fucking what?

As for Silva never getting touched... oh really? Dan Henderson beat him up in the 1st round of their fight. Put him on the ground and WORKED him. And lest we forget...

(IMG:http://i18.tinypic.com/358xogi.jpg)

(IMG:http://i18.tinypic.com/4c8y4wy.jpg)

That, I truly believe. Even the staunchest TUFfers have never claimed Nate Marquardt to be an elite fighter, no matter how big a Silva nuthugger they were.

Cool, you provided 5 links just like me. I guess that leaves us a far cry away from this little gem...

"Most MMA rankings have Silva #1 so you can fool yourself all you want but it still won't change anything."

Who said that again?

Did you watch the Silva/Leitas fight it was Leitas who was preventing a fight not Silva by falling to the gorund everytime Silva got close to him.

Hendo never beat up on Silva he layed on top of him for about 4 mintues covering up his mouth with his hands there was no damaged done to Silva. Silva came back in the 2nd to choke Hendo out with ease.

Those earlier losses were straight up flukes. Silva would owned thsoe guys and if you think otherwise then theres really no point in debating this any further with you.

You must stop fooling yourself as much as you like Fedor you know Silva is the better fighter.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Nov 14 2009, 09:19 PM
Post #29

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 14 2009, 01:56 PM) *
Did you watch the Silva/Leitas fight it was Leitas who was preventing a fight not Silva by falling to the gorund everytime Silva got close to him.

There are 2 ways to deal with a fighter like that. Anderson chose to do neither. (Watch Sakuraba/Belfort, or Sakuraba/Royler Gracie if you want to know the answer.)

Those earlier losses were straight up flukes. Silva would owned thsoe guys and if you think otherwise then theres really no point in debating this any further with you.

See, DUDE, they weren't flukes. That's where you are mother-fucking wrong, and that's how I know I'm dealing with a TUF noob here. You've never seen Silva/Takase. If you had, you'd KNOW that Anderson was never in that fucking fight. Not once. He got tooled from the word GO. OWNED. By a D fighter.

What you've done, my friend, is watched a few fights and suddenly you are an expert. You look on Sherdog's fight finder or a wiki page and see a loss and assume it MUST have been a fluke. It wasn't. It was a flat out OWNAGE. Period. End of story. An unavenged ownage to a D fighter.

You must stop fooling yourself as much as you like Fedor you know Silva is the better fighter.

Fedor has the better record, the better resume, a superior skill-set, and he'd MURDER Silva if they ever met in the ring. End of story.

Or, are you one of "those guys" who actually thinks "masters" like Lyoto Machida and Anderson Silva could actually move up and beat an MMA god like Fedor?

Yeah right. And Nate Marquardt is an elite fighter too, I bet, right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
basicjab
post Nov 14 2009, 11:16 PM
Post #30

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 631

QUOTE (The Conscience @ Nov 8 2009, 12:57 PM) *
I hate when these MMA "strikers" don't respect basic boxing fundamentals. Rogers got KOed because he kept his hands by his waist the whole fight. SMH.

MMA fighters have primitive boxing skills period. This guy and other MMA "strickers" gets KOed again and again because they don't move and come in straight like their retarded, stationary targets, what do they expect but get KTFO.

If boxers learned takedown defend they would eat the current MMA guys up for lunch.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 11:24 AM