leonthegee
post Dec 31 2012, 05:35 AM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 30 2012, 11:41 PM) *
+1

Don't know if he's a great or elite fighter, but he's no pwill, marg, or Lara. You can see him thinking in there, he's not as one dimensinal as these guys. He seems to figure guys out with his brain then break them down with his toughness.

Like I said I agree with you that he's not elite, but I don't think anyone at 140 is either (yet).

He can punch no question, especially to the body, but hes not wooing me with his talent. When I look at Matthysse I dont see that dynamic talent that I see when I look at a Broner or a Gary Russell Jr. I said he can fight but just because hes been avoided to this point doesnt mean he can beat the elite fighters.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Dec 31 2012, 10:47 AM
Post #12

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

Hes definitely not elite but he is the best fighter at 140 no doubt. The thing is hes not one dimensional like checkleft said, yeah hes tough and can brawl, but he can also box, because he has a high KO percentage people mistake him for being some sort of brawler but no the guy can box and he can adabt. He's like an upgraded version of Danny Garcia, he is a very well rounded fighter and i dont see anyone clearly beating him at 140 (without a robbery) in the near future

This post has been edited by Kratza: Dec 31 2012, 10:49 AM

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jan 1 2013, 05:47 PM
Post #13

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Plah @ Dec 28 2012, 11:49 PM) *
Yeah me too... he even knocked down both of them, fucking robberies man.

For me he's a beast, hard working... very entertaining, high pressure come-forward style fighter with extremely underrated talent and defense, technique, etc. He's the best at 140 imo.

A fight with Garcia in late 2013 should be epic while it lasts.

Did any of you guys saw the video GP made of Lucas from his last 2 fights. It was great.

Agreed 100%!!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 1 2013, 08:04 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I wont lie and say that I dont feel this slight drift of fear for Matthysse's opponents when a fight is signed.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 04:59 AM