> BERTO MOSELY?
Cshel86
post Jul 5 2011, 10:13 PM
Post #41

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jul 5 2011, 11:10 PM) *
I stand to be corrected sir... got you...

They were fights indeed, but they weren't challenges by any measure...if thats what you were trying to get at. He should've been on a layoff with that low level of opposition that he faced. He still has a chance to make a name for himself though..just cant be another tomato can that he fights.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Jul 5 2011, 10:14 PM
Post #42

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jul 5 2011, 06:46 PM) *
Thats because tyson was blazing fast and with TNT in his gloves. You cant compare Berto to a rare physical specimen like tyson

You are missing the point. He gave a lame ass excuse about Berto's arm length and height being the reason for him fighting limited opposition and blah blah blah.

My Tyson example was just a quick example how someones arm length and height is pure BS. At most if not all weight classes there are so many examples of guys who have way different physical specs. It is not like Berto is 5' 1" or something like that, his arms and height are fine to compete at welterweight. There are far more accurate reasons for his welterweight woes than blaming it on his arms and height.

I can not believe I have to explain myself.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Jul 5 2011, 10:20 PM
Post #43

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jul 5 2011, 08:53 PM) *
I agree that Berto is no Pacman. But then there aren't many that are comparable to pac currently. Berto doesnt have pacs angles and lateral movement, which is indicative of a lack of skill. But the point is, if you have 2 guys with equal skill and heart, its usually the guy with the physical edge that prevails. Hence the expression 'a good big man beats a good little man'. If you got short arms, boxing becomes a whole lot harder if you can't even fall back on a strong jab to maintain distance. And when a guys swarming you... thats when you need it most

Hey you ever watch...

Tommy Hearns(taller and longer arms) vs Ray Leonard I? Guess who one that welterweight fight?

Arguello(taller and longer arms) vs. Pryor I and II? you know the winner of those fights?

need I go on?

Also... the expression a good big man beats a good little man more pertains to weight and size. Not the way they are built. Come on man.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 5 2011, 10:36 PM
Post #44

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 5 2011, 11:20 PM) *
Hey you ever watch...

Tommy Hearns(taller and longer arms) vs Ray Leonard I? Guess who one that welterweight fight?

Arguello(taller and longer arms) vs. Pryor I and II? you know the winner of those fights?

need I go on?

Also... the expression a good big man beats a good little man more pertains to weight and size. Not the way they are built. Come on man.

...because of his height and reach, along with his limited skills. Those guys in that division are taller with longer reach (some of them) and Berto hasn't shown us the skills that he needs to break down a bigger guy or get on the inside during a fight.

Learn how to read man. Those guys that you just named had the skills to make up for being the smaller guy, smh.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Jul 5 2011, 10:53 PM
Post #45

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Jul 5 2011, 11:36 PM) *
...because of his height and reach, along with his limited skills. Those guys in that division are taller with longer reach (some of them) and Berto hasn't shown us the skills that he needs to break down a bigger guy or get on the inside during a fight.

Learn how to read man. Those guys that you just named had the skills to make up for being the smaller guy, smh.

LOL!

THEN BLAME IT ON HIS SKILLS FOR FUCKS SAKE!!! NOT IS DAMN ARMS AND HEIGHT!

WHAT ABOUT HIS BACK AND FORTH WAR WITH COLLAZO? HE WAS A SHORT DUDE TOO AND BERTO GOT EXPOSED THAT NIGHT. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS DAMN ARMS AND HEIGHT! IT WAS HIS SKILLS PERIOD.

AND AS FAR AS I REMEMBER BERTO WAS UNDEFEATED BEFORE ORTIZ, AND WHERE IS YOUR PROOF HE HAS NOT THE SKILLS TO GET ON THE INSIDE AND BREAK DOWN A BIGGER GUY?

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR EXAMPLES. I CAN'T WAIT CONSIDERING HIS ONLY TWO TOUGH FIGHTS WERE WITH COLLOZO AND ORTIZ.

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC! LIKE BERTO IS SOME MIDGET WITH TINY ARMS. HAHA.

Mods...sorry had cap locks on and do not feel like retyping.

This post has been edited by Lil-lightsout: Jul 5 2011, 11:12 PM

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Jul 5 2011, 11:32 PM
Post #46

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

Ricky Hatton had short arms and limited skills.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Jul 5 2011, 11:39 PM
Post #47

Light Heavyweight

Here are some past and present welterweight champs with their height and reach specs.(i am omitting half inches on heights)

Pac- 5'-6" height and 67" reach.
Mosley- 5'-8" height and 71" reach.
PBF- 5'-8" height and 72" reach.
Cotto- 5'-7" height and 67" reach.
Judah- 5'-7" height and 72" reach.
Taylor- 5'-7" height and 66" reach.
Whitaker- 5-6" height and 69" reach.
McGirt- 5'-6" height and 70" reach.
Duran- 5'-7" height and 66" reach.
BERTO- 5'-8" height and 72" reach.

These are just a couple I thought of. The numbers do not lie. These guys did fairly well at welterweight too.

Skills, skills, and skills. Period.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Jul 6 2011, 02:51 AM
Post #48

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 6 2011, 03:20 AM) *

Errr, size is another way of saying the "the way they are built".

And in my opinion, the expression refers to smaller men coming up in weight and fighting a naturally larger fight in that guys weight division.

+Quote Post
BoxingWizard23
post Jul 6 2011, 03:05 AM
Post #49

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,224

Mosley vs Berto is a action packed fight but then again I could be very well mistaken. Mosley should retire the guy had enough power and bits of speed to cause an upset in his last fight especially since the other fighter makes so many mistakes that it should be unlawful. Berto would wipe off Mosley easily and Berto should fight Jones or Pacman.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 6 2011, 07:43 AM
Post #50

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 5 2011, 11:53 PM) *
LOL!

THEN BLAME IT ON HIS SKILLS FOR FUCKS SAKE!!! NOT IS DAMN ARMS AND HEIGHT!

WHAT ABOUT HIS BACK AND FORTH WAR WITH COLLAZO? HE WAS A SHORT DUDE TOO AND BERTO GOT EXPOSED THAT NIGHT. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS DAMN ARMS AND HEIGHT! IT WAS HIS SKILLS PERIOD.

AND AS FAR AS I REMEMBER BERTO WAS UNDEFEATED BEFORE ORTIZ, AND WHERE IS YOUR PROOF HE HAS NOT THE SKILLS TO GET ON THE INSIDE AND BREAK DOWN A BIGGER GUY?

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR EXAMPLES. I CAN'T WAIT CONSIDERING HIS ONLY TWO TOUGH FIGHTS WERE WITH COLLOZO AND ORTIZ.

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC! LIKE BERTO IS SOME MIDGET WITH TINY ARMS. HAHA.

Mods...sorry had cap locks on and do not feel like retyping.

...and you are cursing because? We can leave it at his lack of skills, it's not like I didn't mention it all along...besides, you did make some good points. I have just seen shorter guys (or guys with shitty stances) and shorter arms/reach get punished after their primary gameplan failed during the fight. We all know that he was undefeated before the Ortiz fight, but Collazo just made him look bad, thats all.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 03:15 AM