IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  « < 15 16 17  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Cloud-Stevenson/Chavez-Vera SPOILERS, No New Spoilers or Public Streams (Special 1st Post Info!)
checkleft
post Oct 2 2013, 03:54 AM
Post #161

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

They are talking about a chavez vera rematch. I see no need, if there was any justice in boxing the decision would be overturned and the judges and promoters investigated. But boxing is a cruel bitch most of the time lol.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 2 2013, 04:53 AM
Post #162

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

i hope they'd hurry up and blatantly rob Mayweather so shit can go down and the leash can be tightened. I mean one judge got a 114-114 card which was obviously wrong and look at what happened to the judge. Imagine if he was truely robbed.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 2 2013, 08:39 AM
Post #163

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I think Chavez benefits more from this controversy than he will the rematch or even if he won. He should play the sympathy card all the way to a better pay day vs another fighter. Let's face it, he's still going to get dicked around in negotiations. Chavez Jr is STILL going to have some bullshit going on with him (drugs,weight,etc.). Chavez may actually take him more seriously and knock him the fuck out. Lastly, even if he were to beat JCC Jr again, Bob isn't going to promote him enough for him to make noise in boxing.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Oct 2 2013, 08:39 AM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 2 2013, 11:22 AM
Post #164

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 2 2013, 08:39 AM) *
I think Chavez benefits more from this controversy than he will the rematch or even if he won. He should play the sympathy card all the way to a better pay day vs another fighter. Let's face it, he's still going to get dicked around in negotiations. Chavez Jr is STILL going to have some bullshit going on with him (drugs,weight,etc.). Chavez may actually take him more seriously and knock him the fuck out. Lastly, even if he were to beat JCC Jr again, Bob isn't going to promote him enough for him to make noise in boxing.

Vera isn't promoted by top rank.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 2 2013, 11:45 AM
Post #165

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I hate to say this, but Vera needs to just move on. If a rematch is rewarded, then there will be more barriers than before. It's bad enough that Vera got strung along with the weight issue that Chavez was dealing with, then he didn't get the W at the end of the day, so I can only imagine how handicapped he'll be for the second time around. It's almost like Vera is asking to get shafted again...take your money and move on man...situations like this never get better.

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 15 16 17
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 03:39 PM