Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd Back With His Dad
leonthegee
post Feb 14 2013, 01:47 PM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,401

Floyd will be sharper defensively. He will use his jab and there will be more straight right hands. Sr doesnt get alot of credit for Oscar but he really developed Oscars right hand.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
truth
post Feb 14 2013, 04:19 PM
Post #12

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,835

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Feb 14 2013, 01:47 PM) *
Floyd will be sharper defensively. He will use his jab and there will be more straight right hands. Sr doesnt get alot of credit for Oscar but he really developed Oscars right hand.

I agree the type of boxer mayweather is going to be with sr. Is defensive and that combined with accurate punches makes a long night for whoever he fights. Also with him going to jail he will be stronger making him punch harder

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Feb 14 2013, 05:54 PM
Post #13

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

All i see is prolly the best Mayweather 24/7 yet..

Same Mayweather in the ring tho

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 14 2013, 08:21 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

God bless them both. I mean I am happy about this. I really am.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 14 2013, 08:35 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

this script sounds all too familiar....

what are the chances that floyd blames a loss or a bad performance on "not wanting to let his pops take credit for the victory..." ala roy jones jr? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 15 2013, 12:11 AM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Can't wait to see how this plays out, if they both can check their egos at the door then this could work out beautifully. And though I know Roger is ill, I still hope that he's in camp and helping Floyd any way that he can

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Feb 15 2013, 06:00 AM
Post #17

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

I'm not to sure this reunion is solely based on Rogers health issues. I seen a video a couple weeks back of roger in the gym and he looked fine. FMWJr possibly pulled his dad back in so he wouldn't work with Dirrell, to spice up the 24/7, and to sell PPV. Genuine or not this may be the best 24/7 yet and we may see roger and Floyd Sr bump heads in the gym.

Hopefully we will get an unexpected opponent once the fight is announced. I prefer Canelo, Bradley, or Marquez over Devon and the ghost.

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Feb 15 2013, 06:04 AM
Post #18

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

Something about this doesn't sit well with me.

I'm a big fan of continuity, even for a fighter who is such a master of his craft, that he hardly needs any kind of instruction other than words of encouragement between rounds.

I'm a little worried that Big Floyd may try and step into the picture much more than Roger did. Think about how connected you feel when your siblings or kids are involved in any kind of competition.

I just don't want Floyd to get distracted, especially if there's a big moment in the fight, and he gets into it with his Dad at the corner.

I would have been much more at ease if Floyd chose Jeff Mayweather to train him instead.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Feb 15 2013, 07:38 AM
Post #19

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Feb 15 2013, 04:04 AM) *
Something about this doesn't sit well with me.

I'm a big fan of continuity, even for a fighter who is such a master of his craft, that he hardly needs any kind of instruction other than words of encouragement between rounds.

I'm a little worried that Big Floyd may try and step into the picture much more than Roger did. Think about how connected you feel when your siblings or kids are involved in any kind of competition.

I just don't want Floyd to get distracted, especially if there's a big moment in the fight, and he gets into it with his Dad at the corner.

I would have been much more at ease if Floyd chose Jeff Mayweather to train him instead.

Your being a little bit too cynical. Sr has been waiting in the wings for a decade. Plus Floyds not a kid anymore. Do you really think Srs gonna waltz up in the gym and boom, " hate this, hate that, change this, change that?" They only have 8 weeks or so. How much could he change Floyd really?

This post has been edited by leonthegee: Feb 15 2013, 07:40 AM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 15 2013, 09:06 AM
Post #20

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

As long as they respect one another, it'll be great. That's a big question mark though. I tell you one thing, his defense will be at 110%.

Btw, I'm really pulling for Roger. No doubt if Roger and Floyd aren't in the same corner, Roger must be having some very serious health concerns. Prayers to Uncle Rog man. I love that guy. He's what boxing needs more of. A TRUE trainer with REAL boxing knowledge and deep rooted passion for the sweet science. He's one of the last trainers that realize that skills beats talent!

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 04:30 AM