IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cotto beats Sergio?! Really?! Stop it..., Nothing wrong with saying "no" to drugs...
sduck
post Oct 25 2012, 12:32 PM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

I think Sergio beats the breaks off of Cotto, mismatch in styles
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Plah
post Oct 25 2012, 01:11 PM
Post #12

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (sduck @ Oct 25 2012, 01:32 PM) *
I think Sergio beats the breaks off of Cotto, mismatch in styles

This

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 25 2012, 06:56 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

154 i'll favor cotto.

160...i think martinez gets him.

2 things to consider...martinez hasn't been at 154 for a few years. he's got a bum leg now.

the reality of the situation is that sergio is a one trick pony. sure he looks like a beast against a slow plodding guy like chavez...but cotto is a whole different animal...even if he is giving up size. cotto isn't going to walk into those traps that martinez will set for him. he knows how to cut a ring. best believe anytime martinez stops to throw punches, cotto will be exchanging shots with him. cotto throws the more precise, compact, flowing punches. i think the fight will be more difficult than anyone believes at either weight.

as for the austin trout bout....i've only seen the dude fight once, but from what i saw...there isn't much that is impressive about him. he doesn't throw very much. he's too defensive. if u don't give cotto something to fear...he'll tear through u. i don't think trout is going to be easy...he's a bigger guy...but this fight will be a very good indicator of how cotto would fair against a much bigger southpaw.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 25 2012, 10:12 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 24 2012, 11:46 PM) *
21st century tech. Vapor all the way (no pine sol of course).

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Only you Cheesey...only you.

QUOTE (Jovi @ Oct 24 2012, 11:50 PM) *
Haha when i hear Cshel defending sergio i know someone F'd up.. but i would like to be in the cyphe of whoever is saying that nonsense. Cotto probably retires after martinez. I think cotto should avoid that fight.

Even if he were to try to pressure, it wouldnt work at all, i just dont see any advantages for him. He'd do better against canelo, but i'm not even sure he wins that fight.

Yep. You know that shit hasn't gotten real, if I'm pulling for Sergio. He's not a bad fighter, but I'm just not a huge fan of his. I dont even want to see Cotto's physique (or lack thereof), nor do I want to see Martinez at 154...more than likely, this one would be at about 158.

I just see it being waaay too much movement for Miguel, and too many punches. On another note, Cotto may give Sergio more movement than he anticipates, but I still cant see him pulling off the W. I don't believe in his body shots, as I once did.

They used to have crazy pop to them, now he's done himself justice bringing back the consistency of the body shots, not so much the power though.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 09:58 AM