IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather-Alexander? Not Guerrero? (Topics Merged), Update:IBF Will Not Sanction Mayweather-Alexander (Brook is Mandatory)
Jack 1000
post Feb 6 2013, 10:55 AM
Post #111

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 6 2013, 08:05 AM) *
I totally didn't see this coming by the way. Devon Alexander? I've defended Floyd's resume' plenty of times but even I don't get this one...and I damn sure am not anxious to see it. Not trying to see Devon struggle to mount any kind of offense while throwing that bullshit jab of his and grunting all fucking night. Devon does have a resume but damn... this is a hard sell. There's no Cinco De Mayo connection. There's no beef there. Alexander wasn't calling him out. Alexander isn't the new IT guy in boxing. Alexander isn't fresh off a classic performance. I just don't see any reason why he would fight him of all people. I hate to say this, but I'd rather see him fight Guerrero than Alexander.

+1. Devon Alexander doesn't put asses in the seats and is boring to watch. It's not a bad fight for Floyd's first fight back. However, even using Floyd's analogy. "If it makes dollars, it makes sense." This fight won't make much dollars. Devon's not a big name or a big draw. I mean, they would have to stage it in Saint Louis for Floyd to get robbed on the cards, LOL! That's the only place where this fight mean's something. To the rest of the world and the venues, Devon's just not a draw. He should have fought Geurrero, or even Bradley. This will BOMB as a PPV. (At least without a super strong undercard.)

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Plah
post Feb 6 2013, 12:25 PM
Post #112

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,629

Safe choice with Devon, this feels like a tune-up

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Feb 6 2013, 12:37 PM
Post #113

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (Plah @ Feb 6 2013, 12:25 PM) *

http://www.fighthype.com/news/external/ind...lexander--62121

Idt it will happen guys. At this point Floyd's not only fighting for big money but for belts to add more glitter to his name. The IBF won't allow the unification to happen because Devon is under contract with brook. Unless Mayweather fights him anyway regardless if he gets stripped or not, the fight most likely won't happen. Back to square one..

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 6 2013, 02:13 PM
Post #114

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

if this fight happens i will be very disappointed. floyd doesn't have very many options...i get that. one thing is for certain in this match up....it will be the first time since the great willie pep that someone is going to win a round (or several) without throwing a single punch. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 6 2013, 02:19 PM
Post #115

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

So Floyd passes gas, and everybody runs to smell it.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Dude is clearly bluffing here. If anything, he should pick Brook, if he's gonna go this route.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 6 2013, 03:55 PM
Post #116

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Brooke vs Guerrero anyone?

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 6 2013, 04:16 PM
Post #117

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (duwdu @ Feb 6 2013, 07:28 AM) *
I doubt that the IBF would choose the Floyd opportunity as the one they'd start a strict enforcement of their rules with. They probably would want Floyd's name - and sanction fee-size - on their record books before he retires. They also know that Brook will probably still be there to chase the crown later.

In my view, the only serious thing out of what Eddie Hearn was reported to have said, is that they have a signed contract to fight Alexander. But even with a contract anything can happen, and signed contracts have been side-stepped in the past, even recently. I think Eddie and Kell would eventually come round to accept some step-aside money.

Like has been said by some, a Mayweather-Alexander fight will be a hard sell though. Even at that, Floyd can be a good salesman all by himself, and could break the 1 million PPV buys barrier with this one, with or without Canelo on the card. Of course, having Canelo on the card, no matter who he fights, would boost such numbers.

P34c3

Told you lol. Even though the IBF is a sanctioning body, they are the most credible one in my eyes because they uphold their rulings more then the other sanctioning bodies. Guerrero deserves that fight more then Devon

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 6 2013, 04:31 PM
Post #118

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Plah @ Feb 6 2013, 01:25 PM) *

That's what I was thinking. But I think its a bluff to make guerrero take whatever he is being offered that he DOESN'T deserve and shut the fuck up. I like this fight better than guerrero anyway even tho Alexander does some dirty work too he has fought better guys.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 6 2013, 04:55 PM) *
Brooke vs Guerrero anyone?

Quick thinking. I got brook if it happens

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 6 2013, 05:12 PM
Post #119

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I have all the respect in the world for Floyd but when I saw this I literally screamed "Oh HELL NO!"Devon is a good guy but this is worse than a Guerrero fight. I would rather Floyd fight Keith Thurman than this fight better yet fight Mattyssee ( I butchered his name, sorry). I would actually enjoy that fight. I honestly hope Floyd was bluffing on this one. The only thing I will be hearing for the next 3 months is that Floyd is ducking Guerrero. Who wants to hear that? This better be gamemanship at its finest! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif)

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Feb 6 2013, 07:38 PM
Post #120

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 6 2013, 05:16 PM) *
Told you lol. Even though the IBF is a sanctioning body, they are the most credible one in my eyes because they uphold their rulings more then the other sanctioning bodies. Guerrero deserves that fight more then Devon

Yeah, you did. And Cshel's "Floyd passes gas..." is funny as hell, lol.

All credit to the IBF for this stand. Good for Kell "Special K" Brook as well, (I'm a fan of his too, btw,) especially now that his name is being increasingly mentioned in the same sentence as that of Floyd.

As for Floyd, he's just earned himself some more fan jeers - and a few thousands more PPV buys for his next fight, especially if it is not against Alexander. Pure trolling=marketing genius.

P34c3

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 03:59 PM