IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd-No Overwhelming African American Support, Why doesn't he have his legion amongst Blacks??
Dolimite
post Sep 28 2013, 08:18 PM
Post #181

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 27 2013, 03:01 PM) *
You sound like a school girl, you can't even pinpoint why you don't like him..you proving the point of this thread lol. I'm a fan but I ain't a fan of his coach, he's an asshole who dumps players on the regular and he sometimes shoots his mouth off too much. He handled the situation with Griffin's knee all wrong

What? RGIII would call his own press conferences. Which is fucking stupid. He aired his dispute in the public which you never do. I am not a Mike Shanahan fan especially after he embarrassed McNab the way he did. RGIII bought more heat to himself. I am just not a fan of his. Never was but again to each its own. Maybe it is his hair, whatever it is, I am no fan.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
anthonyaccurate
post Sep 29 2013, 07:17 PM
Post #182

Strawweight

Member No.: 2,772

QUOTE (theculkid @ Sep 22 2013, 09:22 PM) *
Yeah I would want to support a woman beater. NOT. Black people need a role model theses days like Neil degrasse Tyson etc. Not someone who beats women and flaunts money around. He is skilled but not out of the ring.

Exacty, not some bullshit entertainer. I'm struggling with this concept of "get behind" and "support". What movement does
Floyd represent to be getting behind? I'm not trying to be funny, on a literal level, somebody please describe to me the way we should be "supporting" Floyd?

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 29 2013, 07:23 PM
Post #183

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (anthonyaccurate @ Sep 29 2013, 04:17 PM) *
Exacty, not some bullshit entertainer. I'm struggling with this concept of "get behind" and "support". What movement does
Floyd represent to be getting behind? I'm not trying to be funny, on a literal level, somebody please describe to me the way we should be "supporting" Floyd?

Hell, I didnt know black people had any fucking movements these days. I mightve missed the memo.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Sep 29 2013, 07:26 PM
Post #184

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

This horse has been beaten to death, defibrillated and beaten to death again.

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 29 2013, 07:28 PM
Post #185

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 29 2013, 04:26 PM) *
This horse has been beaten to death, defibrillated and beaten to death again.

Now its caught some weird virus and wont die unless Jack shoots it in the head (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) .

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 29 2013, 07:43 PM
Post #186

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (emd01 @ Sep 29 2013, 08:23 PM) *
Hell, I didnt know black people had any fucking movements these days. I mightve missed the memo.

Couldn't agree more...

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Sep 29 2013, 07:44 PM
Post #187

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (anthonyaccurate @ Sep 29 2013, 07:17 PM) *

The same manner and way in which Mexico gets behind JMM and Canelo, I fail to see why that is a problem for any black person. They (Philippians, Mexicans and Whites) get behind their fighters unanimously then why is it a problem to get behind one of our own?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 29 2013, 07:53 PM
Post #188

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Sep 29 2013, 08:44 PM) *
The same manner and way in which Mexico gets behind JMM and Canelo, I fail to see why that is a problem for any black person. They (Philippians, Mexicans and Whites) get behind their fighters unanimously then why is it a problem to get behind one of our own?

I expect to hear crickets, IF you're waiting on a response. Lol

It's not like we're asking dudes to "get behind" Flavor Flav or Hermain Cain, its Floyd, the highest grossing BLACK boxer of all time...I think.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Sep 29 2013, 08:28 PM
Post #189

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 29 2013, 07:53 PM) *
I expect to hear crickets, IF you're waiting on a response. Lol

It's not like we're asking dudes to "get behind" Flavor Flav or Hermain Cain, its Floyd, the highest grossing BLACK boxer of all time...I think.

I don't either but it's the same dude that somehow is tying black fighters into some type of moral code they should subscribe to in order to be supported; first he starts whining about how Floyd is exploiting grown ass women who can make a choice for themselves and now he's whining about Mayweather has to represent some type of cause in order for all of us to get behind him.

JMM or Canelo doesn't have a cause and the whole of Mexico stands behind them, why is Floyd always held to a different standard even by our own people? Like I said, blacks always riding down on other blacks, why can't we simply be supportive instead of always being judgmental??

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 29 2013, 10:15 PM
Post #190

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Sep 29 2013, 09:28 PM) *
I don't either but it's the same dude that somehow is tying black fighters into some type of moral code they should subscribe to in order to be supported; first he starts whining about how Floyd is exploiting grown ass women who can make a choice for themselves and now he's whining about Mayweather has to represent some type of cause in order for all of us to get behind him.

JMM or Canelo doesn't have a cause and the whole of Mexico stands behind them, why is Floyd always held to a different standard even by our own people? Like I said, blacks always riding down on other blacks, why can't we simply be supportive instead of always being judgmental??

To add to it, he never mentioned how Floyd has not only encouraged black fighters, but MOST (if not all) fighters to push for OSDT) and cut out the middle man (promoters) from their careers, in order to keep their money.

My thing is, if a guy is creating (and living) a beneficial movement, then why not stand behind him? Regardless of who created (and led) a movement, they also had flaws, but it was either concealed or people had a selective memory.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 11:55 AM