IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> chad dawson interview..., very on point!!!
neophyte7
post Feb 29 2012, 09:13 PM
Post #41

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Anyone stating Hopkins is getting whooped based upon those 2 rounds with Dawson is silly. How about Hopkins knocking Dawson down as Nazim Richardson pointed out??? please... Dawson has talked too damned much. He dumped a 46 year old fighter why?? Why such a tactic if you are so superior???
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 1 2012, 09:01 PM
Post #42

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Feb 29 2012, 09:40 PM) *
Actually better yet, since you say Chad is going to whoop him... why don't you give me a breakdown of the fight as you see it panning out, and then I'll do the same for you and we'll see who is more accurate once the fight is over. Obviously we already know you are taking Dawson and I'm taking Hopkins... but let's be more specific.

fair enough...

u go first since u came up with the idea.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 1 2012, 09:06 PM
Post #43

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 29 2012, 10:13 PM) *
Anyone stating Hopkins is getting whooped based upon those 2 rounds with Dawson is silly. How about Hopkins knocking Dawson down as Nazim Richardson pointed out??? please... Dawson has talked too damned much. He dumped a 46 year old fighter why?? Why such a tactic if you are so superior???

i think it's funny that everyone is pissed about dawson dumping hopkins who is usually the only guy with the dirty tactics. let's not act like he wasn't falling over dawson and pushing him down. that is illegal u know. so if dawson did indeed retaliate...what's so wrong about that? should he have let bhop continue doing that and wearing him down? or should he have waited for the ref to save him from bhops cheating tactics?

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 1 2012, 10:07 PM
Post #44

Welterweight

Dawson was so happy with what happened be became delusional as if he really won the championship by beating Hopkins... the belt was given back to Hopkins because the commission ruled Dawson fouled Hopkins.. sure Hopkins is dirty in there but he is not reverting to tipping guys over... Dawson has all of the pressure on him.. every time he opens his mouth he ups that pressure... he talks as if he is soooo dominant yet he has been subpar in the ring on numerous occasions. Hopkins should have been awarded a knockdown.. Dawson went towards the canvas with a not so hard shot... I am interested in more than 2 rounds of rematch..

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Mar 1 2012, 10:09 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 1 2012, 10:20 PM
Post #45

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 1 2012, 10:07 PM) *
Dawson was so happy with what happened be became delusional as if he really won the championship by beating Hopkins... the belt was given back to Hopkins because the commission ruled Dawson fouled Hopkins.. sure Hopkins is dirty in there but he is not reverting to tipping guys over... Dawson has all of the pressure on him.. every time he opens his mouth he ups that pressure... he talks as if he is soooo dominant yet he has been subpar in the ring on numerous occasions. Hopkins should have been awarded a knockdown.. Dawson went towards the canvas with a not so hard shot... I am interested in more than 2 rounds of rematch..

Nuff said...

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Mar 2 2012, 08:55 AM
Post #46

ON the edge

Member No.: 240

Sure, you got it:

Rounds 1-5: Both guys feel each other out. As usual, Hopkins uses the opening rounds to learn about his opponent, is a little tentative to open up, etc. As a result he gets behind 3 rounds to 2. No different than when he faced Pascal or Taylor. The first 5 rounds are all fairly uneventful but closely contested due to less than stellar action. Dawson's slightly higher work rate gives him the nod in the slight majority of these rounds IMO. However, due to the close nature of the rounds and not much happening, I think many will see it 3-2 Hopkins rather than 3-2 Dawson.

Rounds 6-10: Hopkins begins timing and countering Dawson more. Dawson slows down more and has lapses in his game as he does in all of his fights. Periods of 20-30 seconds where he does nothing. Hopkins begins to land the lead right hand. Expect to see a lot of the right hands that Hopkins put Calzaghe down with come the middle rounds. Hopkins starts banging Dawson more in the clinch, rough housing him a bit, and basically frustrating him more. These rounds look like typical "Hopkins rounds" where he starts to snatch his opponents soul. Hopkins wins 4 out of 5 of these rounds.

Scoring thus far going into the 11th and 12th: Hopkins 6-4 in rounds (or 7-3 for those that gave him 3-2 in the first 5) so 96-94 or 97-93.

Rounds 11 & 12: More of the same with Hopkins beating Dawson to the punch. A few flashy combinations from Dawson but nothing really lands cleanly. Both guys are clearly tired. Hopkins clearly takes the 11th. The 12th should also be a Hopkins round, but I think he gets a little reckless in there trying to stop Dawson. In trying to make a statement Dawson is able to get in enough shots to possibly steal the round. Close round though that could be argued either way. I personally think Hopkins takes it though.

My final score card: 116-112 Hopkins

Worst case score 115-113 Hopkins (if you give Dawson 3 of the first 5 AND the 12th). The wide score for Hopkins would be 117-111 (if you gave him 3 of the first 5 and the 12th).

I'm not going to predict any knockdowns or point deductions - just a straight up score with the flow of the fight going as I've illustrated above. Let's hear your breakdown now.

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Mar 3 2012, 03:26 AM
Post #47

ON the edge

Come on man where's your prediction? You've posted today in just about every thread other than this one...

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 3 2012, 07:49 AM
Post #48

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

am actually curious how the fight will match up to this prediction

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Mar 3 2012, 08:40 AM
Post #49

ON the edge

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 3 2012, 07:49 AM) *
am actually curious how the fight will match up to this prediction

Also, not to beat a dead horse... but the first fight between these two that didn't even make it 2 rounds not only follows my prediction for this fight but essentially all Hopkins fights. Shit, even DLH took the opening round or two against Hopkins.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 4 2012, 12:39 PM
Post #50

Welterweight

Strange thing here is in those two rounds I actually think Hopkins did the most work... I recall Hopkins inside lifting Dawson head up with a stiff upper cut.. also as Nazim pointed out .. Dawson was knocked down.. LMAO... WINKY WRIGHT WHO is bitter still from being roughed up by Hopkins is the CULPRIT THAT TOLD DAWSON TO GET INTO THAT EXCESSIVE DIRTY SHIT!!!...

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 11:01 AM