IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> austin trout, the more i hear/see this guy...
daprofessor
post Apr 4 2013, 04:09 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

the more i admire him as a boxer. this is great stuff:

I am working to master my craft. I am obsessed with becoming the greatest ever to strap on a pair of gloves. This should be the mindset of each and every boxer that enters the ring. If you are not trying to become the best, then that person has no reason for wanting to become a boxer.

Most people will never understand the role of greatness. Greatness is not assumed, but it is worked for. Greatness takes sacrifices that will affect your friends and family. What is the reward of greatness? The reward is not always tangible, but it must not be taken lightly either. If you rise to the top to only be self-serving or egotistical with your opportunity, then you are a man that has squandered their talent for your demise. We have a responsibility as men to love.

Love and anger are closely tied together. We even see the wrath of God in the Bible tied closely to the love for his own people. When I state that we have a responsibility to love, I donít mean for that to be taken as a weakness but a strength that every man must possess in order to rise from his situation. Love takes fighting. True love takes wars. So when I relate to fear, love, and fighting, they are all hand in hand with their opportunity. I love boxing. I cannot fear another man to become great. I must fight to claim the love that I am obsessed with.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Apr 4 2013, 04:31 PM
Post #2

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,879

I totally agree with you. At first, I wanted Canelo to win this one, because I wanted to see him fight Mayweather, but the more I get to know trout, the more I admire and respect him. And the whole post about being an american has got me totally rooting for this guy. Fuck mexico and fuck Canelo. Trout deserves this and I know he has more in the tank than Canelo does. Canelo is going to lose big time. This guy just brings way too much to the table. Plus he is a huge middleweight who can make 154. And he can move unlike Canelo, who has stone feet. I am truly impressed with Austin Trout so far.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 4 2013, 05:01 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

That's a man you can respect.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 4 2013, 06:01 PM
Post #4

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Trout is all class, gotta love that

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 4 2013, 06:18 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Apr 4 2013, 05:31 PM) *
I totally agree with you. At first, I wanted Canelo to win this one, because I wanted to see him fight Mayweather, but the more I get to know trout, the more I admire and respect him. And the whole post about being an american has got me totally rooting for this guy. Fuck mexico and fuck Canelo. Trout deserves this and I know he has more in the tank than Canelo does. Canelo is going to lose big time. This guy just brings way too much to the table. Plus he is a huge middleweight who can make 154. And he can move unlike Canelo, who has stone feet. I am truly impressed with Austin Trout so far.

i missed that one. can you post it?

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 4 2013, 06:38 PM
Post #6

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I dig Trout. He spoke the truth. The thing about love and hate was on point. I really know he knocks the shit out of Orphan Annie. The fact that he studying every move Alvarez makes has me rooting even more for him. I can't wait, in two weeks there will be a new king in the castle!

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 4 2013, 07:14 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2013, 04:09 PM) *
the more i admire him as a boxer. this is great stuff:

Yeah, I'm definitely been feeling him with each and everything he says, he is hella positive and is doing a great job in analyzing not only Canelo's weaknesses but seeing how an opponent would examine his very own and try to exploit them.

He is like the opposite of Floyd, totally humble, lowkey, married and lives with his children and wife.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 4 2013, 07:52 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Apr 4 2013, 07:14 PM) *
Yeah, I'm definitely been feeling him with each and everything he says, he is hella positive and is doing a great job in analyzing not only Canelo's weaknesses but seeing how an opponent would examine his very own and try to exploit them.

He is like the opposite of Floyd, totally humble, lowkey, married and lives with his children and wife.

it's too bad floyd isn't going to fight him.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 4 2013, 08:03 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

C'mon April 20th, you cant get here fast enough!

December was a long ass time ago! I'm ready to see Trout put in some work.

It's funny how me and Cheesey was laughing at Trout's name when he fought on a ShoBox card back in early 2012. Who'da thunk that he would be at this stage a year later? He MUST beat the bell outta Canelo to get the respect that he truly needs at this point of his career.

I haven't read the stuff on the front page just yet.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 4 2013, 08:03 PM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2013, 07:52 PM) *
it's too bad floyd isn't going to fight him.

Well I wouldn't say that it can't happen just yet. I do see Floyd fighting 2 more times (once vs Canelo/ASSuming he wins vs AT) and the other is TBD but ASSuming AT beats Canelo then rightfully this should be the fight to happen because everyone is screaming for Floyd and CA to hook up.

I'm hoping that Trout flattens CA and then calls out FMJr.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 03:37 PM