IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sergio Martinez the one nobody wants to see(THE TRUTH), Sergio Martinez the ambusher
Harvey
post Jun 10 2011, 09:23 PM
Post #1

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,168

I have seen alot of fighters lately in the 154 up to 168 I believe Sergio has the skills to take it from anybody in this weight range witch he has already done for most part but fighters like floyd,pac man,zab judah,cotto all the top contenders should be mixing it up more getting at each other more than what they are but still I don't know why I would still go with Sergio he is a natural fighter I all ways say there are some built to fight and then there are the ones born to fight dont get them twisted.If you don't know check him out and all his fights the best south paw fighter not pac man

This post has been edited by Harvey: Jun 10 2011, 09:31 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
caneman
post Jun 10 2011, 09:50 PM
Post #2

Amateur

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (Harvey @ Jun 10 2011, 09:23 PM) *
I have seen alot of fighters lately in the 154 up to 168 I believe Sergio has the skills to take it from anybody in this weight range witch he has already done for most part but fighters like floyd,pac man,zab judah,cotto all the top contenders should be mixing it up more getting at each other more than what they are but still I don't know why I would still go with Sergio he is a natural fighter I all ways say there are some built to fight and then there are the ones born to fight dont get them twisted.If you don't know check him out and all his fights the best south paw fighter not pac man

Love the guy and he'll fight anyone and will have trouble getting fights! I think he should step to Bute ASAP!

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Jun 10 2011, 10:54 PM
Post #3

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

SMartinez = #1 P4p.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Jun 11 2011, 12:24 AM
Post #4

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

He's definitely been avoided by many.

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post Jun 11 2011, 01:29 AM
Post #5

Welcome to the Dirty South

Member No.: 11,493

Unfortunately for him he's labelled HIGH risk, LOW reward.... ide love to see him hit Princess Julio with one of them PWill overhands....lmao.

But I love watchin that man work...

+Quote Post
Harvey
post Jun 11 2011, 02:38 AM
Post #6

Amateur

QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 10 2011, 10:50 PM) *
Love the guy and he'll fight anyone and will have trouble getting fights! I think he should step to Bute ASAP!

Bute would be a nice fight he is a heavy hitter in boxing but he is not as finesse as sergio at the end he would be out boxed or taken out quik one thing about sergio he has disapointed fans on the opposition of him paul willams who was feared he annihilated and sergiy made him look like a amature when he drops his hands down and fight your done he understands how you get down and now its time for the ambush see you later.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jun 11 2011, 03:12 AM
Post #7

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

He should take on the winner of the Super Six & forget about the Canadian Bacon Bute.

+Quote Post
Harvey
post Jun 11 2011, 05:06 AM
Post #8

Amateur

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jun 11 2011, 02:29 AM) *
Unfortunately for him he's labelled HIGH risk, LOW reward.... ide love to see him hit Princess Julio with one of them PWill overhands....lmao.

But I love watchin that man work...

It seems to be that way about him but if he was to drop down to the next a weight class division and loose nothing behind it than it would be a differnt ballgame for the boxing world it seems like people get hooked on certain weight classes now most of all the ones with the noise makers not saying any names

+Quote Post
bosco
post Jun 11 2011, 09:35 AM
Post #9

Flyweight

Member No.: 12,191

I like Sergio Martinez but I think he's a bit overrated. Sure he ko'd Williams but Williams fought recklessly and kept getting hit with the same punch. Remember that Kermit Cintron gave Martiinez problems and they fought to a draw even tho I felt Martinez won and was robbed of a knockdown that fight but it was close. Martinez can't beat Bute...He wouldn't be able to beat Andre Ward, Carl Froch or Andre Dirrell. Paul Williams is not fundamentally sound so he could be hit. Kermit Cintron rocked Paul Williams. Plus Martinez always gets tired in the middle rounds before he gets his second wind late. He's fun to watch but I wouldn't put too much stock on him.

+Quote Post
iKeNjiro
post Jun 11 2011, 09:42 AM
Post #10

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,431

QUOTE (bosco @ Jun 11 2011, 11:35 PM) *
I like Sergio Martinez but I think he's a bit overrated. Sure he ko'd Williams but Williams fought recklessly and kept getting hit with the same punch. Remember that Kermit Cintron gave Martiinez problems and they fought to a draw even tho I felt Martinez won and was robbed of a knockdown that fight but it was close. Martinez can't beat Bute...He wouldn't be able to beat Andre Ward, Carl Froch or Andre Dirrell. Paul Williams is not fundamentally sound so he could be hit. Kermit Cintron rocked Paul Williams. Plus Martinez always gets tired in the middle rounds before he gets his second wind late. He's fun to watch but I wouldn't put too much stock on him.

and there you have it.....Williams still one of my favs got caught with that same punch from the 1st fight till the sleep session in the 2nd fight
he made no adjustments and was coming in with weight because he was throwing a power punch and got caught because he was timed well by Martinez who was coming in planted with weight behind that over hand right...and we know the end story
but yea I would pay to see a Martinez vs Ward, Froch, Bute I think Martinez beats these guys but I think he is a bit over rated
ward is over rated to lol...

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 11:42 AM