IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It's lookin like Broner vs. Demarco, not Guerrero...
Gambit808
post Sep 9 2012, 06:28 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

I figured Broner vs. Guerrero at 147lbs. Was a bit unrealistic at this point though he (Broner) might claim otherwise. Broner even hinted at a clash with Demarco via twitter hoping that he would win the fight with Molina Jr., and now that ended quick, Dela Hoya threw out his own hint posting on his account "Broner vs. Demarco"

Broner SHOULD murder this dude, but I like the match. Would have loved the Guerrero fight more but looks like we'll have 2 wait for that 1.

I guess now Guerrero might go back to calling out Mayweather for the umf-teenth time.

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Sep 9 2012, 06:39 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Musashi100
post Sep 9 2012, 06:47 PM
Post #2

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,711

that who broner wanted that who he should get, i ain't complaining

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 9 2012, 06:50 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Honestly, I think this is the harder fight out of the two.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 9 2012, 06:54 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Ughh, let's please not give Broner any more attention than he's already starved for over the past couple of months...

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Sep 9 2012, 07:23 PM
Post #5

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 9 2012, 07:54 PM) *
Ughh, let's please not give Broner any more attention than he's already starved for over the past couple of months...

Hey man what can I say, dude got that star quality to keep em talkin. The special ingredient of success in boxing, other than the fighting itself.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 9 2012, 08:05 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i'd rather see guerrero/broner than demarco/broner. demarco is going to get hurt.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 9 2012, 08:20 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Sep 9 2012, 08:23 PM) *
Hey man what can I say, dude got that star quality to keep em talkin. The special ingredient of success in boxing, other than the fighting itself.

LOL

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 9 2012, 09:05 PM) *
i'd rather see guerrero/broner than demarco/broner. demarco is going to get hurt.

I'd like to see the Demarco fight. It makes sense, and its at a weight that Broner doesn't have to rush to. Guerrero will learn his lesson at WW, and we'll see him at 140 in no time.

If Broner rushes to 147 to face Robert (who will never seem to get the payday and stardom that he's looking for) and wins or loses, then what? Move back down to LW? Guerrero needs to get bent, and find a meaningful fight the division that he raced to.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 9 2012, 08:42 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 9 2012, 09:05 PM) *

There is nothing guerrero does as well as broner except maybe talk and annoy people. At least with demarco you gave someone that we know has knockout power (been on like a three fight knockout streak I think?) Puts pressure on fighters and seems to have decent ring intelligence.
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 9 2012, 09:20 PM) *
LOL

I'd like to see the Demarco fight. It makes sense, and its at a weight that Broner doesn't have to rush to. Guerrero will learn his lesson at WW, and we'll see him at 140 in no time.

If Broner rushes to 147 to face Robert (who will never seem to get the payday and stardom that he's looking for) and wins or loses, then what? Move back down to LW? Guerrero needs to get bent, and find a meaningful fight the division that he raced to.

I agree with this. High risk of ruining his body over a very low reward win against another unproven fighter

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Sep 10 2012, 05:54 AM
Post #9

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,226

Robert the Ghost clearly jumped the 140lb division because its stacked with talent imo. He thinks he can try position himself to get the Floyd shot at WW, and actually thinks that Floyd has depreciated enough for him to get that shock win. Dude thinks that beating Selcuk Aydin warrants a shot at the current P4P king?! C'mon son.. Why not call out Bradley, or the host of talent at 140? Got guys like Garcia, Mattyhse etc... Instead dude only calls out Floyd, and is now tryna arrange a 147lb fight with the "diet Floyd" Broner...

I know he's tryna raise the profile an get paid, but why not do it the way guys like Floyd had to. Take out the dudes around you first, can't have ONE fight at the weight an expect to get a shot at the champ when you have like no name recognition. Guys like Floyd and Manny can do that, have ONE or no fights in a div an get a championship shot, they bring a lot of money to the table. Guys like the Ghost, he gotta do a lot more to get that type of pull. The Selcuk win was impressive, but one good win doesn't make you an elite fighter, not forgetting that was only Selcuk's 2nd time fighting outside of Europe. So he wasn't exactly "seasoned" himself.

So he beats a relative unknown... on points... Then expects to land a fight with the biggest draw in boxing, tryna claim that dude's a coward if he chooses to not accept the challenge.

Broner should def make him wait, why jump divisions too early and change up ur career plan to accomodate a guy who has less of a name than urself? Plus he'd prob get more credit for beating DeMarco anyway...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 10 2012, 10:05 AM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Slumpage @ Sep 10 2012, 06:54 AM) *
Robert the Ghost clearly jumped the 140lb division because its stacked with talent imo. He thinks he can try position himself to get the Floyd shot at WW, and actually thinks that Floyd has depreciated enough for him to get that shock win. Dude thinks that beating Selcuk Aydin warrants a shot at the current P4P king?! C'mon son.. Why not call out Bradley, or the host of talent at 140? Got guys like Garcia, Mattyhse etc... Instead dude only calls out Floyd, and is now tryna arrange a 147lb fight with the "diet Floyd" Broner...

I know he's tryna raise the profile an get paid, but why not do it the way guys like Floyd had to. Take out the dudes around you first, can't have ONE fight at the weight an expect to get a shot at the champ when you have like no name recognition. Guys like Floyd and Manny can do that, have ONE or no fights in a div an get a championship shot, they bring a lot of money to the table. Guys like the Ghost, he gotta do a lot more to get that type of pull. The Selcuk win was impressive, but one good win doesn't make you an elite fighter, not forgetting that was only Selcuk's 2nd time fighting outside of Europe. So he wasn't exactly "seasoned" himself.

So he beats a relative unknown... on points... Then expects to land a fight with the biggest draw in boxing, tryna claim that dude's a coward if he chooses to not accept the challenge.

Broner should def make him wait, why jump divisions too early and change up ur career plan to accomodate a guy who has less of a name than urself? Plus he'd prob get more credit for beating DeMarco anyway...

Ownage by Slumpage! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I cant disagree with one bit of this post.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 10:55 PM