IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@10PM(ET)/8PM(PT) Guerrero-Aydin-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, No New Threads or Public Streams (Prelims 1 hr. early-Sho. Extreme)
Cshel86
post Jul 29 2012, 01:03 AM
Post #111

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 29 2012, 01:09 AM) *
I missed the telecast tonight.. can someone tell me what happened to demarco molina?

That airs on Sept. 8th
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Jul 29 2012, 01:12 AM
Post #112

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

I am tired of this Guerrero clown even more than I am tired of Ortiz and Khan. Maaan, who does he think he is? Funny shit. It was a sub-par performance even for a 15 month layoff, goddamn!

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jul 29 2012, 02:20 AM
Post #113

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 29 2012, 12:37 AM) *
You just named them. I think he'd have problems with Ortiz, Berto, Bradley would beat him, and Devon would too. He showed NOTHINGin that fight that says he's a player in the WW division. That shitty little green belt he has do t mean nothing. He wouldn't be competitive in a Mayweather fight in my opinion either.

The dude was getting tagged clean by a 1 dimensional fighter in Ayding and he was hurt a few times and probaly would've got knocked down if he wasn't holding on to Aydin like it was his mothers tit. You tell me what you SAW that I'm supposed to be swayed by your point? Because anybody that uses their jab and works his body will beat him in that division

Smh at 1 fight and now a boxer is a player in said division. I don't know that part of the game

Bradley's style and featherfistedness would make for a high action fight with The Ghost. Could go either way, as I see it. Berto is a threat because of his speed and punching power, but he has very poor defense. Ghost would becompetitive here as well. ortiz, just got beat by a virtually unknown high activity guy moving up from 140. Guerrero would be competitive there as well. Alexander is a smallish WW who, in my opinion, lost to guys like Matthysse and Kotelnik. he was given gifts in both of those. Both of those guys are similar in style to Guerrero. The Ghost can hand with Alexander too. Remember Guerrero is coming off a long layoff, plus he's jumping 2 divisions to fight a tough guy. Aydin is a tough out for anyone at WW. I doubt the guys Bradley, Alexander, Berto and ortiz blow through Aydin. he's a tough fight for all of those guys. Guerrero handled him, held on and gutted out a tough fight. I dont think guerrero beats Mayweather. no shame in calling him out though. Get in line and pick a number...

I like the way Aydin owned up to the loss and took nothing away from his opponent at the end of the night.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jul 29 2012, 12:44 PM
Post #114

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 29 2012, 12:22 AM) *
He's not a bad fighter, he was just rustier than Fred Sanford's pick up....that being said, all that noise he was talking, in particular about Floyd, is unwarranted.

Nice one. Fred Sanford/Redd Foxx was the man.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jul 29 2012, 12:48 PM
Post #115

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 29 2012, 01:09 AM) *
I missed the telecast tonight.. can someone tell me what happened to demarco molina?

Checkleft, my brother. The 'Weekend in Boxing's your one stop for what's on for the weekend.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Jul 29 2012, 12:48 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 29 2012, 04:50 PM
Post #116

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 29 2012, 02:20 AM) *
Bradley's style and featherfistedness would make for a high action fight with The Ghost. Could go either way, as I see it. Berto is a threat because of his speed and punching power, but he has very poor defense. Ghost would becompetitive here as well. ortiz, just got beat by a virtually unknown high activity guy moving up from 140. Guerrero would be competitive there as well. Alexander is a smallish WW who, in my opinion, lost to guys like Matthysse and Kotelnik. he was given gifts in both of those. Both of those guys are similar in style to Guerrero. The Ghost can hand with Alexander too. Remember Guerrero is coming off a long layoff, plus he's jumping 2 divisions to fight a tough guy. Aydin is a tough out for anyone at WW. I doubt the guys Bradley, Alexander, Berto and ortiz blow through Aydin. he's a tough fight for all of those guys. Guerrero handled him, held on and gutted out a tough fight. I dont think guerrero beats Mayweather. no shame in calling him out though. Get in line and pick a number...

I like the way Aydin owned up to the loss and took nothing away from his opponent at the end of the night.

I agree he'd be competiive but I don't see him winning those fights. Ghost is a tough as nails fighter, but I just don't envision him as a player at WW. Maybe he could be but I don't see it at the moment. He and Aydin put on 1 helluva show last night. I do want to see his next fight at WW and if he performs better and I mean drastically better then I could change my stance. I see the layoff, the surgery, but he almost lost to a 1 punch,1 fisted, and 1 dimensional fighter.

Yup, everybody wants in on the Mayweather sweepstakes, and he just might get it even though I hope not. Aydin took his L like a true man, he fought well and I think he'd be tough for any belt holder at WW

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jul 29 2012, 04:51 PM

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 29 2012, 11:46 PM
Post #117

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I had it for the Ghost 115-113. He won, and is a good fighter, but not great. Floyd will beat the shit out of him, as well as Manny. Even Tim Bradley with two good feet would win.

Jack

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jul 30 2012, 08:21 AM
Post #118

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

There's a lot of potential matchups in the 140-147 range and I think he'd lose most of them. I think he'd lose vs May, Pac, Bradley for sure.As a matter of fact, here's a list guys I think would beat him.

Lock
Mayweather
Pacquiao
Bradley

Strong Chance

Alexander
Khan
Ortiz
Berto
Marquez

Even Chance
Peterson
Malinaggi
Garcia
Matthysse
Judah

Slim Chance
Rios
Porter
Lopez
Maidana

+Quote Post
Plah
post Jul 30 2012, 03:16 PM
Post #119

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 30 2012, 08:21 AM) *
There's a lot of potential matchups in the 140-147 range and I think he'd lose most of them. I think he'd lose vs May, Pac, Bradley for sure.As a matter of fact, here's a list guys I think would beat him.

Lock
Mayweather
Pacquiao
Bradley

Strong Chance

Alexander
Khan
Ortiz
Berto
Marquez

Even Chance
Peterson
Malinaggi
Garcia
Matthysse
Judah

Slim Chance
Rios
Porter
Lopez
Maidana

Nice list, but I'll say that Marquez is a lock to beat him and Matthysse a very strong chance.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 30 2012, 04:41 PM
Post #120

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 30 2012, 08:21 AM) *

Lock
Mayweather
Pacquiao
Bradley

Strong Chance

Alexander
Khan
Ortiz
Berto
Marquez

Even Chance
Peterson
Malinaggi
Garcia
Matthysse
Judah

Slim Chance
Rios
Porter
Lopez
Maidana

Very good list, most of the people in your strong chance section, I think would be a good test to see if he could be a player in the WW division but I see them beating him too

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 05:32 PM