IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> If Cotto signs to fight Sergio for $15M, will Bob get options on Cotto?
AZWildCat
post Dec 2 2013, 05:43 PM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 2 2013, 01:03 PM) *
History has shown us that guys like Miguel, are the most "non-business-minded" people to walk the face of the Earth.

I realized that when he had trouble making weight all these years. He just hired a nutritionists this last fight and made weight at what...1 1/2 to 2 weeks out.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 2 2013, 01:03 PM) *
History has shown us that guys like Miguel, are the most "non-business-minded" people to walk the face of the Earth.

because it's clear that he cant handle busine/ss on his own terms. Being a promotional free agent is good for business...if you know what you're doing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

no argument there! He could of took a money fight
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
emd01
post Dec 2 2013, 08:25 PM
Post #12

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

Cotto is one of my favs but he is retarded if he keeps fucking around with Arum. He'd better be watching Mannys money go "poof"!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 2 2013, 08:48 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Dec 2 2013, 05:43 PM) *
I realized that when he had trouble making weight all these years. He just hired a nutritionists this last fight and made weight at what...1 1/2 to 2 weeks out.

no argument there! He could of took a money fight

I didn't know that he hired a nutritionist...had no freakin' idea, lol.

Ask anybody around here, I was hurt (as if I know Cotto personally) when he took AND lost that Trout fight, and left himself in the retard's seat, while Canelo was able to make demands (with no right whatsoever). Oh yeah...it's true, my feelings were hurt like a broad's.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (emd01 @ Dec 2 2013, 08:25 PM) *
Cotto is one of my favs but he is retarded if he keeps fucking around with Arum. He'd better be watching Mannys money go "poof"!

Same here. Where there's smoke, there's fire. We can't keep hearing whispers and all-out nationwide reports about his money looking funny, and NONE of it is true?! Yeah right. Same with Floyd, some of his money had to be looking funny after a while...it was just too many reports of it.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Dec 3 2013, 09:02 AM
Post #14

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

15 mill??? I don't believe that

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 3 2013, 09:36 AM
Post #15

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Dec 3 2013, 08:02 AM) *
15 mill??? I don't believe that

Neither does Martinez's team. Nice little jab at Schaefer in there too.

http://www.boxingscene.com/martinezs-advis...el-cotto--72235

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 3 2013, 05:07 PM
Post #16

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Cotto is the only person that does not know that he is now and forever the property of Bob Arum. when he retires he will realize the con job that was his relationship with Bob. If Bob does not pay pac 15 million why should we believe Cotto will get that much? I swear, boxers need to be educated on not getting cheated. Just look at Tyson!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 3 2013, 08:34 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 3 2013, 05:07 PM) *
Cotto is the only person that does not know that he is now and forever the property of Bob Arum. when he retires he will realize the con job that was his relationship with Bob. If Bob does not pay pac 15 million why should we believe Cotto will get that much? I swear, boxers need to be educated on not getting cheated. Just look at Tyson!

Exactly!

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 4 2013, 12:53 PM
Post #18

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 3 2013, 05:34 PM) *
Exactly!

People believe in Santa and chics believe that Steve Harvey's books will get them a man. So why can't dumb ass fans and Cotto believe this?

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Dec 4 2013, 07:18 PM
Post #19

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,879

im guessing this fight would be on PPV? either this or he fights canelo in march on PPV. either way hes got a nice check coming to him

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 5 2013, 08:23 PM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 4 2013, 12:53 PM) *
People believe in Santa and chics believe that Steve Harvey's books will get them a man. So why can't dumb ass fans and Cotto believe this?

Hey, some people still believe in the Easter Bunny...wouldn't wanna ruin anything for them. Let them think what they want, lol

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Dec 4 2013, 07:18 PM) *
im guessing this fight would be on PPV? either this or he fights canelo in march on PPV. either way hes got a nice check coming to him

It sure as hell better be. Not that I would truly wanna pay for it, but you'd have to beg the question as to how Cotto is going to make $15M if the fight is on premium cable. Guarantees are one thing, and back-end money is another...but I've yet to see a fighter make high end 7-figure paydays or 8 figure paydays on HBO and Showtime alone.

Those type of paydays, go to the upper echelon guys on PPV...not to say that every main event fighter on PPV gets 8 figure paydays either...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 09:03 AM