> Ricky Hatton vs Mayweather, I know Ricky got undressed and knocked out
neophyte7
post Apr 19 2012, 10:18 AM
Post #71

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Cotto may in fact get gatti treatment by round 8-----

People revert to Hopkin's antics in the Calzaghe figt, yet Hopkins whole career he has done this. PEOPLE WATCHING HOPKINS FOR MORE THAN A YEAR know many of his fights have been filled with his DRAMA AND ANTICS-- both Merccado fights... the ECHOLS MATCHES...Hopkins did the same antics in his bouts with Robert allen, syd vanderpool, pascal,... you are using that to beef up Cal's gift win.. yet those antics of Hopkins were not Cal landing effective punches---Cal barely landed cleanly while throwing loads of flurries.. he did nothing in my view to offset being put on his ass in a fight that I will call close. Cal made Hop work with pressure, yet the pressure did not seem to be accompanied with clean punches landed... I have seen clips of Cal throwing a flurry of 7 -8 girl slap punches and landing barely one...

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Apr 19 2012, 10:29 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Apr 19 2012, 10:23 AM
Post #72

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,865

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 19 2012, 11:18 AM) *
Cotto may in fact get gatti treatment by round 8-----

Hopkins did the same antics he did against allen, vanderpoo,l pascal,... you are using that to beef up Cal's gift win.. Cal barely landed cleanly while throwing loads of flurries.. he did nothing in my view to offset being put on his ass

Only Bhop fans think he won, well not all of them. My buddy who is a Bhop fan thought Zaghe won it.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 19 2012, 10:30 AM
Post #73

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

LMAO.. Carl Froch said Hopkins won.. is he a Hopkins fan? or a Calslappy hater???LOl..Well we do agree Cotto gets his head handed to him.

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Apr 19 2012, 10:31 AM

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Apr 19 2012, 11:24 AM
Post #74

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

I don't think Cotto is quite there to be hit the same way that Gatti was. Cotto has some movement and boxing skills, that will make Floyd's attack more measured. Gatti, as much as I love him, didn't have the ability to defend, or counterattack that would have stopped Floyd from teeing off on him the way that he did.

With Cotto, he'll take "Stop the fight" levels of punishment, although I don't think his corner will stop it. Floyd also doesn't really swarm his opponents when they're bleeding or busted up in a way that would make the referee stop the fight either. It'll be a fascinating contest to watch, that's for sure.

To the earlier point about the Hatton fight, yes, Ricky looked good for the first 2 rounds, which is a common occurrence in fights with Floyd. He needs 2-3 rounds to figure out his opponent's true reach, speed and timing. Once that's figured out, he goes to work and we know how that's turned out for the last 16 years or so.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 19 2012, 11:47 AM
Post #75

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (pesticid @ Apr 19 2012, 10:47 AM) *
Nobody is making Hatton to be this great fighter. Hatton was a very good fighter. He was a good fighter on Floyd's resume that's why Floyd likes to talk about it. Hatton gave his all and gave Floyd a difficult time early on.

Hatton was a good fighter..."very good" is a bit of a stretch. The only reason the Hatton/Mayweather fight was exciting, was because of the stumble in the first round, the wrestling, and those loud as Brit fans (loved 'em). Floyd only talks good about that Hatton fight, because Hatton's fans were incredible, and Hatton is an incredible clip on Floyd's highlight reel...not to mention that the UK fans love him now.

Hatton at 140 was a better fighter than Cotto at 140

There was nothing special about Ricky...I still dont get where you're coming from...

Hatton was never a Zaghe, he was a "B" class fighter but he was very solid. It's easy to look at Hatton as trash after what Pacman did to him but Pacman did that to a lot of fighters including Morales.

Hatton was never a Calzaghe, and Calzaghe was never an elite fighter (in my opinion)...they were both B level fighters at best. I could care less what Pacquiao did to Hatton, it was eventually going to happen again. Trust me, I looked at Hatton as trash waaaay before the Pac fight, so he covered that department well.

Pacquiao beat Morales in the rematch...AFTER getting his ass handed to him in the first fight, AFTER Morlaes was in a grueling trilogy with Barrera, AFTER he lost those last two of the three fights. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) So its safer to leave Morales out of this flimsy comparison of a guy getting knocked the fuck out (Hatton) vs a guy who got dropped a few times (Morales) by Pac.

Where is Morales after two Pacquiao losses? Yep you got it...STILL fighting. Where's Hatton after one Pacquiao loss? Yep you got it...playing with his nose and killing buffets. No comparison sir...

Now Zaghe was the truth!

You must do bumps of coke with Ricky???

Nobody has punked Hopkins like Joe did. Holding for dear life, going to the wrong corner three times, faking an injury, crying to the ref and posing as if he wants to fight only to hold and headbutt and avoid being beat down. Hopkins is great but if he didn't hold and run, and faked and cried Zaghe would've did him worse and he fought him at 175. Can no one hate on that.

Yet and still....the majority had Hopkins winning that fight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 19 2012, 11:01 AM) *
Calzaghe landed a handful of clean punches the whole night... he was put on his ass.. he was given a gift decision.

Thank you....

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 19 2012, 11:18 AM) *
you are using that to beef up Cal's gift win..

There's been a lot of beefing up in this thread. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Apr 19 2012, 02:47 PM
Post #76

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,865

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2012, 12:47 PM) *
Hatton was never a Calzaghe, and Calzaghe was never an elite fighter (in my opinion)...they were both B level fighters at best. I could care less what Pacquiao did to Hatton, it was eventually going to happen again. Trust me, I looked at Hatton as trash waaaay before the Pac fight, so he covered that department well.

Typical hater! It's cool bro you can hate but the Italian Dragon punked Hopkins.
He had him spooked way back, the weigh-in was funny too, Bernard was mad as hell and then come fight night he was crawling like a turtle looking for that deep water.
I know it must suck that a white boy beat the big bad wolf, but shit happens. Yeah Zaghe does coke too but no thanks to Bhop that's for damn sure LOL

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 19 2012, 02:59 PM
Post #77

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

zaghe lost the match so damn clearly.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 19 2012, 03:46 PM
Post #78

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (pesticid @ Apr 19 2012, 03:47 PM) *
Typical hater! It's cool bro you can hate but the Italian Dragon punked Hopkins.
He had him spooked way back, the weigh-in was funny too, Bernard was mad as hell and then come fight night he was crawling like a turtle looking for that deep water.
I know it must suck that a white boy beat the big bad wolf, but shit happens. Yeah Zaghe does coke too but no thanks to Bhop that's for damn sure LOL

Who in the world would hate on a B-level fighter? Trust me, I can save that hate for something noteworthy. Funny thing is, Calazghe fought 2 legends (RJJ and Hopkins) at the end of his career while retiring undefeated, and nobody remembers him! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

What's even funnier is, Hatton got his ass kicked by the two tops fighters in the sport, and his ass is nowhere to be found. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) One of them fought two legends, and is hardly remembered, while the other one got worked by two legends, and he wants no part of the fight game anymore. Irony?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 20 2012, 02:31 AM
Post #79

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

cotto's win over shane mosley trumps everything hatton did.

hattons best win: tszyu, a guy who was knocked out by vince philips.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 20 2012, 12:28 PM
Post #80

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 20 2012, 02:31 AM) *
cotto's win over shane mosley trumps everything hatton did.

hattons best win: tszyu, a guy who was knocked out by vince philips.

+1

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 04:08 AM