IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO: Gamboa vs. Salido@10PM ET, 9CT, 7PT, SPOILERS 15 Minutes Later (No New Spoiler Threads)
SmartyBeardo
post Sep 11 2010, 10:54 PM
Post #21

Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,633

Great fight. Gamboa shows resolve (as does Salido).

Great night of boxing, though Peterson should be neutered for his part.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Sep 11 2010, 10:54 PM
Post #22

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

Gamboa has some flaws...but make no mistake about it...he's a Beast.

You gotta knock him completely out to beat him....

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Sep 11 2010, 11:01 PM
Post #23

Middleweight

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 11 2010, 10:51 PM) *
Care to elucidate?

Gamboa came out strong, but could not hurt Salido early. Salido started catching up though not winning rounds. Gamboa hurt Salido in the 8th and went in for the kill and got caught and stunned and lost his balance for a Salido KD. Gamboa was keeping his hands too low and salido kept throwing heat, but Gamboa turned it up a notch and took complete control in the championship rounds. He scored a KD in the 12th. Looked like he scored another but hit Salido in the back of the head when he was down. Ref took 2 points and Gamboa was dangerously close to being DQed.

Conclusion- Gamboa dominated but he showed some vulnerability. Salido was tough in the face of a superior talent.

Great fight.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Sep 11 2010, 11:03 PM
Post #24

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

Pretty good fight. Gamboa got some flaws, but he is really dangerous and exciting. Man I hope he fights the winner of Lopez-Marquez.

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Sep 11 2010, 11:04 PM
Post #25

Middleweight

Rios is The Man of the night (speaking of beasts).

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Sep 11 2010, 11:07 PM
Post #26

Middleweight

I suppose I throw "great" around a bit loosely, but when two young men throw down like the dudes did tonight (sans Petersons low blows) I think it is great.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 11 2010, 11:07 PM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 12 2010, 12:01 AM) *
Gamboa came out strong, but could not hurt Salido early. Salido started catching up though not winning rounds. Gamboa hurt Salido in the 8th and went in for the kill and got caught and stunned and lost his balance for a Salido KD. Gamboa was keeping his hands too low and salido kept throwing heat, but Gamboa turned it up a notch and took complete control in the championship rounds. He scored a KD in the 12th. Looked like he scored another but hit Salido in the back of the head when he was down. Ref took 2 points and Gamboa was dangerously close to being DQed.

Conclusion- Gamboa dominated but he showed some vulnerability. Salido was tough in the face of a superior talent.

Great fight.

Cheers, sounds like a barn burner.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Sep 11 2010, 11:13 PM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

Damn i was never big on the Peterson brothers but Rios looked like a f*cking beast. Peterson landed some good shots and although he isn't a hard puncher he does carry good pop yet Rios was unfazed and just kept throwing. rios reminded me of a smaller Margarito and PW they just throw punches in bunches and keep coming.

I like Rios and his style i would like to see more of the kid.

Gamboa didn't look all that good to me tonight i give him props cause Salido is a very good pro but Gambo fought an ugly fight. I see JuanMa running through Gambo when they meet.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Sep 11 2010, 11:18 PM
Post #29

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Sep 12 2010, 12:13 AM) *
Damn i was never big on the Peterson brothers but Rios looked like a f*cking beast. Peterson landed some good shots and although he isn't a hard puncher he does carry good pop yet Rios was unfazed and just kept throwing. rios reminded me of a smaller Margarito and PW they just throw punches in bunches and keep coming.

I like Rios and his style i would like to see more of the kid.

Gamboa didn't look all that good to me tonight i give him props cause Salido is a very good pro but Gambo fought an ugly fight. I see JuanMa running through Gambo when they meet.

Thats a great post. I feel pretty much the same on your thoughts. I see Lopez beating Gamboa also, wearing him out and stopping him due to the kind of chinny Gamboa and his hands always so low. I do think Gamboa could be very dangerous early though for Lopez, Lopez must be careful and keep his defense tight at all times.

+Quote Post
PR316
post Sep 11 2010, 11:20 PM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

Gamboa is a good fighter make no mistake. But his flaws are glaring. He gets out of position too much when he punches and leaves himself open. I think the moment he meets someone who can box a bit(John or Lopez), he'd have alot of problems.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 11:53 AM