IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10:15 PM(ET)/7:15PM(PT)-Dulorme/Abregu & Vasquez/Quitero-SPOILERS, No Duplicate Threads, New Spoilers, or Public Streams
Jack 1000
post Oct 27 2012, 05:13 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

These fights are put of a TRIPLE HEADER on HBO tonight. Discuss in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 27 2012, 05:36 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

Never seen dulorme, looking forward to seeing mayfield again tho.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 27 2012, 08:09 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Im sure that two of these three bouts will end in a knockout. I'm not sure I've seen Quitero or Vasquez fight, but again, I may have seen them by accident on FNF or ShoBox.

Dulorme/Abregu: I cant see Abregu winning this one, but I haven't seen him fight since he fought Bradley. All I remember is, Bradley moved up to WW to fight him, and almost knocked him out, which is weird.

Either he was an overmatched opponent, or he wasn't there to fight that night. If Bradley almost knocks you out, then again, you're either overmatched or lack confidence. If I remember correctly, he may have brought the fight to Bradley in a few rounds, but dont quote me.

I'll go back and watch it before this card starts. I remember him being VERY poised, so that may work to his advantage tonight. Dulorme is hard hitter, and I remember him putting away a guy in a devastating fashion on the Ortiz/Berto untelevised card. I also remember him knocking out someone recently, as well as sparring with Maidana for the Alexander fight.

Herrera/Mayfield: For starters, I cant stand Mayfield. He has power and is a bit agile, but again, I cant stand him. I just saw him fight recently on FNF a few months ago, and winning by way of a nasty TKO. Cant remember the PR dude that he fought, but he fleeced him. He may be too much for Herrera, who is a punching bag with heart and resolve. I just saw Alvarado beat him down back in April, but he's tough.

The only way these underdogs win tonight, is if they follow a strict game plan and use basic boxing skills to throw these trigger-happy knockout artists off tonight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 27 2012, 09:29 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Vasquez got the first round...not much went on. Both guys were a bit reluctant, but Vasquez was busier.

Quintero didn't land not ONE punch in the 1st round...not a good look.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 27 2012, 09:34 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Quintero is closing the distance and landing a bit to the body, but again, Vasquez is just busier. Its waaay too much movement in this one, and its getting boring. As RJJ just said, it wont be interesting if, when one guy lands, and the other retreats.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 27 2012, 09:38 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Vasquez is moving waaaay too much, which almost equates to running. He reminds me of Jones in the Bailey fight, except Jones threw a little more. I gave that one to Quintero because of the couple of left hands that he landed.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 27 2012, 09:42 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Gave the 4th to Quintero, he landed maybe 2 big shots (which weren't all that huge), but Vasquez is fuckin killing me with this running shit. How are you the tall guy, and running like this? I understand a gameplan, but Vasquez seems like he's running from something.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Oct 27 2012, 09:42 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 27 2012, 10:38 PM) *
Vasquez is moving waaaay too much, which almost equates to running. He reminds me of Jones in the Bailey fight, except Jones threw a little more. I gave that one to Quintero because of the couple of left hands that he landed.

I agree. Not sure why Vazquez is jumping in like that. As Kellerman said, Vazquez is timing Quintero. Just use the jab homie.

Vasquez has been trying that uppercut for a couple of rounds and finally landed one.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Oct 27 2012, 09:57 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 27 2012, 09:45 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

5th goes to Vasquez, though he started that running shit again. He landed a few good shots, but let's be honest, when Quintero gets on the inside, he's able to land good shots.

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 27 2012, 10:42 PM) *
I agree. Not sure why Vazquez is jumping in like that. As Kellerman said, Vazquez is timing Quintero. Just use the jab homie.

Vazquez has been trying that uppercut for a couple of rounds and finally landed one.

Thank you

Is the uppercut the reason why the crowd woke up?

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Oct 27 2012, 09:48 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 27 2012, 10:45 PM) *
5th goes to Vasquez, though he started that running shit again. He landed a few good shots, but let's be honest, when Quintero gets on the inside, he's able to land good shots.

Thank you

Is the uppercut the reason why the crowd woke up?

Ha! Not sure. As Quintero's trainer said, "ignore the crowd."

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 04:25 AM