+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 12 2013, 02:27 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jul 12 2013, 04:32 AM) *
im sorry dawg. but i jsut am so used to everyone on here riding floyds ass and taking all floyds perspectives as their own before taking a closer look themselves. im glad yall agree with oscar. I just think people have underrated oscar and under appreciated him in this sport. but it was that line you said "your not going to sell me this bullshit," so i had to step in and sell you my perspective because i thought you were shitting on DLH and his accomplishments. I dont understand why you had to bring up that you thought he lost to 2 guys, when everysingle person on that list has the same exact issues.... its like you were singling dlh because you didnt think he is underserving of this list. In any case, my apologies for the piss poor attitude.

My bad, definite wasn't trying to discredit him. He is as deserving as anyone on that list, ODLH was a multi division belt bolder but what I like most about him is he took the biggest fights available. Though I do think he lost some of those, a loss in my opinion doesn't diminish or outweigh the many things he did for the sport of boxing. I saw a shift after the Trinidad fight with him. He became different and the fans or at least some acted differently towards him
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 12 2013, 02:28 PM
Post #33

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jul 12 2013, 04:34 AM) *
but i will take that hug if its a legit offer lol

Bring it in (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 12 2013, 02:29 PM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 12 2013, 03:28 PM) *

you two get a room. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 12 2013, 03:01 PM
Post #35

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jul 11 2013, 05:00 PM) *
and who gioves a shit about felix sturm anyway that guys fuckin sucks

Best freakin' line ever used in this thread. Wholeheartedly agree...

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jul 13 2013, 12:14 AM
Post #36

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

you can see the legit anger behind that line with my mispellings lol. i dont know if your mocking me or agreeing, but either way i honestly feel that way about sturm. the highlight of his career, the reason we know his name at all is BECAUSE of oscar de la hoya, you know? so its like how could you bring up his fight as a valid point when oscar gave that guy a career off of one fight. he went on to lose to geale, who also sucks and nobody gives a shit about, and then draw with martin murray, which if you have watched that fight, thats robotic euro boxing at its absolute pinnnacle. i wouldnt call it the sweet science, i would call it human excrement. these big dumb fools are nothing but two warm bodies beating eachothers presence up while waiting in high guard for their turn to throw shots.

it reminds me of my mom actually, when engaged in a conversation with her, instead of listening to you, shes really just waiting for her turn to speak. Its the same with european boxing, no defense or tactics, just physical rockem sockem punching while holding high guard with no body movement at all and just absorbing the shots like a rock absorbs rain.

sorry for my long off topic posts but i feel they are necessary to my sanity right now and they need to be expressed.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Jul 13 2013, 01:25 PM
Post #37

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jul 13 2013, 01:14 AM) *
you can see the legit anger behind that line with my mispellings lol. i dont know if your mocking me or agreeing, but either way i honestly feel that way about sturm. the highlight of his career, the reason we know his name at all is BECAUSE of oscar de la hoya, you know? so its like how could you bring up his fight as a valid point when oscar gave that guy a career off of one fight. he went on to lose to geale, who also sucks and nobody gives a shit about, and then draw with martin murray, which if you have watched that fight, thats robotic euro boxing at its absolute pinnnacle. i wouldnt call it the sweet science, i would call it human excrement. these big dumb fools are nothing but two warm bodies beating eachothers presence up while waiting in high guard for their turn to throw shots.

it reminds me of my mom actually, when engaged in a conversation with her, instead of listening to you, shes really just waiting for her turn to speak. Its the same with european boxing, no defense or tactics, just physical rockem sockem punching while holding high guard with no body movement at all and just absorbing the shots like a rock absorbs rain.

sorry for my long off topic posts but i feel they are necessary to my sanity right now and they need to be expressed.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) nah man he wasn't mocking you, what you said here is 100% accurate.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 13 2013, 10:21 PM
Post #38

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 10 2013, 06:29 PM) *
muhammad ali
roberto duran
alexis arguello
george foreman
joe frazier
tommy hearns
ray leonard
marvin hagler
salvador sanchez
wilfredo benitez
aaron pryor
wilfredo gomez
mike tyson
evander holyfield
lennox lewis
ricardo lopez
julio cesar chavez
roy jones jr
james toney
larry holmes
felix trinidad
pernell whitaker
bernard hopkins
floyd mayweather
manny pacquiao
erik morales
juan manuel marquez
marco antonio barrera
azuma nelson
hector camacho

Jack Johnson
Joe Louis
SRR
Ali
Frazier
Aaron Pryor
George Foreman
Benitez
Marvin Hagler
Sugar Ray Leonard
Pernell Whitaker
Roberto Duran
Floyd Mayweather
Tommy Hearns
Bernard Hopkins
Larry Holmes
Azuma Nelosn
Roy Jones Jr.
Gomez
Anguello
Evander Holyfield
Chavez Sr.
Trinidad
Mike Tyson
Ricardo Lopez
Lennox Lewis
Juan Manuel Marquez
Barrera
Pacquiao
Morales
James Tony
Hector Camacho

This took a lot of thought and I am still not happy with my selection. This was very tough.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jul 14 2013, 12:13 AM
Post #39

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

to each his own, i am in no way challenging any other persons selections or even disagreeing, i jsut would like to know your reasoning for having arron pryor and wilfredo benitez so high, especially when they both only really won big fights against 2 guys, arguello and duran. yet they are so high on the list, i understand benitez is like the youngest champion in history, like 17 or some shit for a world title. but other than that, he basically threw his career and GOAT potential away in my eyes. hell, the kid even got KTFO by moore, who duran KTFO and career killed him. pryor blew out his weight class, and went up and lost, but eveeryone on here has done that, but cleaning out a weight class isnt enough in my eyes to jsutify you over duran and chavez sr, who blew out multiple weight classes and duran winning fights in 5 different decades. i just want to see things from your perspective

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 14 2013, 08:21 AM
Post #40

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jul 13 2013, 10:13 PM) *
to each his own, i am in no way challenging any other persons selections or even disagreeing, i jsut would like to know your reasoning for having arron pryor and wilfredo benitez so high, especially when they both only really won big fights against 2 guys, arguello and duran. yet they are so high on the list, i understand benitez is like the youngest champion in history, like 17 or some shit for a world title. but other than that, he basically threw his career and GOAT potential away in my eyes. hell, the kid even got KTFO by moore, who duran KTFO and career killed him. pryor blew out his weight class, and went up and lost, but eveeryone on here has done that, but cleaning out a weight class isnt enough in my eyes to jsutify you over duran and chavez sr, who blew out multiple weight classes and duran winning fights in 5 different decades. i just want to see things from your perspective

Aaron Pryor is one of my favorite fighters of the past and I believe he was cheated in some of his fights. Chavez Sr. got gift decisions and virtually fought no namers in the early part of his career. That 100 plus wins is bullshit in my eyes. Duran was a beast and so was Arguello, you act like those two guys are just everyday fighters. Those two names on a resume can kill most boxers resumes today. I just don't see the big deal about Chavez Sr. He fought like a typical Mexican fighter, come straight forward and bang, he had a hell of a chin, but come on, go back and really study his entire career. And each fight is different, just because one fighter had success against another fighter doesn't mean the same fighter will repeat what the other fighter has done. triangle theories.

I respect Duran, I honestly do, he is the greatest Latin fighter in my opinion. But if we are looking at a body of work I think Aaron Pryor did more. And let's look at Duran's wins in those divisions.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 07:19 AM