Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post May 4 2010, 06:39 AM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,400

It's very good program, but you will not get results that you see on TV unless you follow the diet plan to religiously. I'm going to start Insanity next, I will tell you how that goes.

+Quote Post
KookedKrack
post May 4 2010, 10:28 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 5,468

Go to a gym brehs if your new to lifting get starting strength I can link you up if you need it.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post May 5 2010, 03:05 PM
Post #4

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

I tried the first Back/Chest series yesterday. Definitely a good program but that trainer dude is nuts.

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post May 5 2010, 04:22 PM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (Snoop @ May 5 2010, 04:05 PM) *
I tried the first Back/Chest series yesterday. Definitely a good program but that trainer dude is nuts.

Tony Horton is a clown. He has be cracking up with all the stupid shit he says.,

+Quote Post
KookedKrack
post May 5 2010, 05:31 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ May 5 2010, 12:01 AM) *
I started a new strength training program. 5x5. I have got stronger in a lot of areas, mainly when it comes to squatting and what I'm lifting is getting heaver and heavier.

Squats are the best overall exercise, most beneficial yet people always ignore legs. I am enjoying this new strength training program.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile_anim.gif)

(IMG:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachments/powerlifting-strongman/31508d1263371626-deadlifts-vs-squats-squats_vs_deadlifts.jpg)

+Quote Post
KookedKrack
post May 7 2010, 10:54 PM
Post #7

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ May 5 2010, 07:24 PM) *
Yep, I do dead lifts as well. This is all my program is. 3 days a week, and I alternate between these every single day.

Program 1:
Squats
Bench Press
Inverted Rows
Push ups
Reverse crunch

Program 2:
Squats
Overhead press
Deadlift
Pull ups/Chin ups
Prone Bridge

So I squat each session and my goal is to try and squat 1.5 times my body weight. Been doing it for about 12 weeks. I was able to squat quite a bit before this program, but now I have gone past my original best.
So I agree, squats and deadlifts are beneficial, you get strength that you can use in every day life whether it's lifting heavy things and so on. Then you see people at the gym spending 45 minutes on biceps and chest, and never see them on legs. That's where all your strength comes from, the core. Yet everyone ignores it, lol.

Yea legs get ignored by most the squat racks are always empty at the gym I go to .....dudes end up looking like Johnny Bravo (IMG:http://cdn2.ioffer.com/img/item/127/790/711/LmbMu01K8IgcCug.jpg)

+Quote Post
Snoop
post May 8 2010, 02:42 PM
Post #8

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (Fitz @ May 8 2010, 08:36 AM) *
Yep, that's usually the case. Though it annoys me, I have been going to the gym at 6am before work for the last year. At the start, I loved it. I had all equipment free and I was in and out of there. Then about 8 months ago, a guy started coming in the mornings, and from observing him, he has almost a very similar program to me. Squats every day and so on. He always gets there a fraction before me, so manages to get the rack first. He is also extremely arrogant. One of the first times, I notice he is using it every day, and he would stay in there for about 40 minutes at a time. So instead of waiting, I asked if I could work in with him in between sets, as he was taking a few minutes off anyways. He told me, yeah but I am doing 130kgs, as if to say, if you can't do that then no. I was doing that anyways, and I told him that I do that weight anyways, lol. He rolled his eyes at me, and wasn't happy and just gave me a 'yeah ok'.
Second time I ask him if I can work in with him, he rolled his eyes again and hesitantly said 'yeah'. From then on, I stopped asking the cunt. I don't understand the problem, he takes breaks, we lift a similar weight but is constantly an arrogant cunt. It annoys me more, because you expect that type of person on a bench press (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I have seen him in an English soccer top, he must be one of the not so friendly ones. My experience from the Britsh is that they seem to go from one extreme to the other. They can either be the most friendly and funny type of person, or extremely cold.
I fucking hate that guy, and ruins my squatting experience every single week, my gym sessions in the morning we trouble free until that guy showed up. But yes, you are right, generally squat racks are empty and it was the case, until this dickhead started coming in the same time I was.

That guy sounds absolutely horrible Fitz. I've met my share of those type of douchebags in my days back in the gym and at least here in the States, it's a shame that the gym has went from a place of actually working out, to some kind of social gathering to chat and how off your muscles. The guy you're talking about has a low self-esteem, for whatever reason, so he's trying to take it out by hogging the squat rack. I guess that's how some people do it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post May 8 2010, 06:11 PM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ May 8 2010, 06:34 PM) *
That said, he spends less time on it now as he knows that I use it as well. When he first started, I wasn't doing squats every session, maybe once a week. Since I changed it up and use it every session now, he moves on quicker.

who is that giant amazonian in your avi?

+Quote Post
KookedKrack
post May 8 2010, 08:03 PM
Post #10

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ May 8 2010, 06:34 PM) *
That said, he spends less time on it now as he knows that I use it as well. When he first started, I wasn't doing squats every session, maybe once a week. Since I changed it up and use it every session now, he moves on quicker.

What a dick that guy is.......You would HATE the gyms around here full of dudes looking like they are off the Jersey Shore. I got put on to SS late 09 it can't recommend it enough, now a days I do a 5 day split I'll post it on here when I get a chance. You taking any supps?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 05:55 PM