IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather signs 6 fight deal w/showtime: Announces Guerrero as May 4th opponent, R.I.P. HBO
daprofessor
post Feb 20 2013, 05:36 PM
Post #91

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 20 2013, 04:54 PM) *
I agree that Floyd's layoff may neutralize the advantages he might have had over Guerrero. For Floyd, had he not been layed off from being in prison and the inactivity. However, I still expect THE TYPE of fight that I posted about previously. If Floyd doesn't have it anymore, The Ghost has a good chance of an upset, maybe even higher than the 30% I have him to win. I am surprised that Floyd picked the Ghost for his first fight back!

Jack

i'm surprise floyd sr allowed it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Feb 20 2013, 06:29 PM
Post #92

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Sr is not worried. Expect Sr and Jr to dominate Guerrero.. He struggled with Berto and had to get dirty to win clearly.. All he has is a foul play chance of hurting Floyd but people undererestimate Floyd's toughness----

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Feb 20 2013, 06:33 PM
Post #93

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (Slumpage @ Feb 20 2013, 10:25 AM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/offtopic.gif)

As you can see by my Sig etc.. The boxer I am a fan of, done fucked up!

Signed to SMS promo's which jus resulted in some mad embarrassing rap entrance from 50 cent. (was actually worse than Broner's)

Then the PED scandal done popped off... Was almost off the radar, then Broner reminded everyone, lmao!

I say this as an explanation of my absence... I was sad... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cray.gif)

You can't get any worse than Bronners entrance lol! Lets give SMS atleast another year before we call it a bust.

+Quote Post
Chucknice12
post Feb 20 2013, 08:46 PM
Post #94

Amateur

Member No.: 13,843

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Feb 19 2013, 08:12 PM) *
Rewatching the Berto Guerrero fight. Unless he gets the same useless ref, half the stuff he did wont fly. And Floyd moves way better and is way more crafty than Berto. Guerrero may end up getting check hooked like Ricky Hatton.

If you watch the Fight with Berto again. U will see that most of the things Guerrero did will be penalized. That ref was terrible, way to much holding and hitting after the bell almost every round. If he tries that against Floyd in Vegas than u see the same thing that happen to Amir khan in the Peterson fight. Points WILL be taken and that will be It for Guerrero. His bully style of fighting will be nullified.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 21 2013, 01:09 AM
Post #95

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 20 2013, 02:32 PM) *
i don't get the comparisons to hatton or castillo. you guys are selling guerrero short. he has more elements to his style and i believe he's a sharper puncher.....also, lets not forget that he is NOT fighting the same floyd that castillo or hatton fought. he's fighting a 30 something year old floyd who is coming off a long lay off....the worst performance of his career....and way too many push ups during his prison stint. the pressure is on floyd....guerrero has been gunning for this moment because he knows he has what it takes to exploit some of floyds tendencies. guerrero will have far more success than castillo and hatton combined. i'm not a floyd hater at all. i love the mans style and i believe he's probably the most skilled boxer we have ever seen in the ring. his accomplishments, or lack thereof. are a different story.

I don't think people are selling guerrero short at all. I believe people are giving him WAY too much credit, he's an extremely dirty fighter with a very shady flip flop good guy hardcore christian wanna be gangster attitude and crew. His performances against very limited opposition were underwelming even coming off the layoff. Soto karass accomplished the exact same thing guerrero did against aydin, so does he deserve a shot at Floyd too? And the only things he did against berto is fight even dirtier. And its nothing new, he has been like this since I saw him fight katsidids. I have zero respect for his style and very little for his demeanor.

But you are completely right about Floyd. People are putting a lot of stock into floyds former skills, he has come from a long layoff a jail stint and a different physique due to the excersise he was limited to in jail. Not only that but he is a year older. I would not be surprised if Floyd is slower, rusty, a little awkward, or even hurt in what I can only expect to be a very sloppy up close and personal fight unless there is a very active ref in there.

And I wouldn't be surprised as some mentioned if guerrero has some point deductions or is even dqd if hw resorts to his normal tactics.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 21 2013, 03:53 PM
Post #96

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 21 2013, 02:09 AM) *
I don't think people are selling guerrero short at all. I believe people are giving him WAY too much credit, he's an extremely dirty fighter with a very shady flip flop good guy hardcore christian wanna be gangster attitude and crew. His performances against very limited opposition were underwelming even coming off the layoff. Soto karass accomplished the exact same thing guerrero did against aydin, so does he deserve a shot at Floyd too? And the only things he did against berto is fight even dirtier. And its nothing new, he has been like this since I saw him fight katsidids. I have zero respect for his style and very little for his demeanor.

But you are completely right about Floyd. People are putting a lot of stock into floyds former skills, he has come from a long layoff a jail stint and a different physique due to the excersise he was limited to in jail. Not only that but he is a year older. I would not be surprised if Floyd is slower, rusty, a little awkward, or even hurt in what I can only expect to be a very sloppy up close and personal fight unless there is a very active ref in there.

And I wouldn't be surprised as some mentioned if guerrero has some point deductions or is even dqd if hw resorts to his normal tactics.

i can't put soto-karass' win on the same level as guerrero because guerrero accomplished it first. plus...i didn't see the fight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) big difference between guerrero and soto-karass is that guerrero is coming off a nice little string of wins with great momentum in his favor.

i agree...he can be dirty and he is tough. that is precisely why i believe he's going to make things difficult for floyd. the thing about it....i don't care if you are the best ever....you cannot have these looooong breaks and expect to maintain your skill level and sharpness.

a closer look at floyds last three performances are a bit revealing in my mind. each fight was less impressive than the last. each fight floyd was getting touched. mosley was coming off more than a year layoff. ortiz has never really been intelligent, but he did rock floyd prior to the headbutt. cotto was able to land the most. i think at this point....guerrero is a sharper puncher than all three of those guys. he's capable of making adjustments and only cotto is the more intelligent fighter imo. the thing i like about guerrero more than cotto at this point is that he will stay on the body. that is what is going to separate him from floyds last 3 opponents.

add to that...yeah....he's going back to working with his pops...that's a transition as well. they haven't worked together in years. because they have history and sr started him out...they will get back, i'm sure. but consider this....floyd sr is more defensive minded. if floyd jr sits back more on defense than he normally does...guerrero can steal some rounds with activity. all of this spells mediocre performance by floyd. showtime is going to be rethinking this big contract that they have committed to.

all the pressure is going to weigh on floyd come fight night. pac getting ko'd....having to live up to this contract....the switch to showtime....the switch to his pops. a lot is at stake here....and everyone is expecting guerrero to lose. meanwhile....guerrero is in the fight of his life. this has worked out just the way he planned. his belief, however twisted it may be...is what's guiding him. he's going to be pumped for the situation with pretty much nothing to lose and everything to gain.

good ref or not...the damage is going to be done and floyd is going to feel the effects. will it break him down? we know the crowd is going to be predominantly mexican in vegas. will the ref succumb to the boos and jeers of the people when they prefer to see guerrero rough housing to get the win? will golden boy really have floyds best interest in mind? somewhere in there...there has to be some resentment from oscar. how does that play into the selection of officials?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 21 2013, 04:04 PM
Post #97

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 21 2013, 03:53 PM) *
i can't put soto-karass' win on the same level as guerrero because guerrero accomplished it first. plus...i didn't see the fight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) big difference between guerrero and soto-karass is that guerrero is coming off a nice little string of wins with great momentum in his favor.

i agree...he can be dirty and he is tough. that is precisely why i believe he's going to make things difficult for floyd. the thing about it....i don't care if you are the best ever....you cannot have these looooong breaks and expect to maintain your skill level and sharpness.

a closer look at floyds last three performances are a bit revealing in my mind. each fight was less impressive than the last. each fight floyd was getting touched. mosley was coming off more than a year layoff. ortiz has never really been intelligent, but he did rock floyd prior to the headbutt. cotto was able to land the most. i think at this point....guerrero is a sharper puncher than all three of those guys. he's capable of making adjustments and only cotto is the more intelligent fighter imo. the thing i like about guerrero more than cotto at this point is that he will stay on the body. that is what is going to separate him from floyds last 3 opponents.

add to that...yeah....he's going back to working with his pops...that's a transition as well. they haven't worked together in years. because they have history and sr started him out...they will get back, i'm sure. but consider this....floyd sr is more defensive minded. if floyd jr sits back more on defense than he normally does...guerrero can steal some rounds with activity. all of this spells mediocre performance by floyd. showtime is going to be rethinking this big contract that they have committed to.

all the pressure is going to weigh on floyd come fight night. pac getting ko'd....having to live up to this contract....the switch to showtime....the switch to his pops. a lot is at stake here....and everyone is expecting guerrero to lose. meanwhile....guerrero is in the fight of his life. this has worked out just the way he planned. his belief, however twisted it may be...is what's guiding him. he's going to be pumped for the situation with pretty much nothing to lose and everything to gain.

good ref or not...the damage is going to be done and floyd is going to feel the effects. will it break him down? we know the crowd is going to be predominantly mexican in vegas. will the ref succumb to the boos and jeers of the people when they prefer to see guerrero rough housing to get the win? will golden boy really have floyds best interest in mind? somewhere in there...there has to be some resentment from oscar. how does that play into the selection of officials?

I completely agree with you about floyd. And I totally didn't even take into account that his father is training him now earlier.

But I do think golden boy will definitely have floyds best interest in mind, if guerrero wins its a ton of money out of their pockets for a potential Canelo match. I expect the ref to side with Floyd every time but the ref isn't gonna catch everything. But if Floyd is even as Sharp as he wasn't in the cotto fight it wont be a factor, I see that Floyd beating guerrero as well.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 21 2013, 06:02 PM
Post #98

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 21 2013, 05:04 PM) *
I completely agree with you about floyd. And I totally didn't even take into account that his father is training him now earlier.

But I do think golden boy will definitely have floyds best interest in mind, if guerrero wins its a ton of money out of their pockets for a potential Canelo match. I expect the ref to side with Floyd every time but the ref isn't gonna catch everything. But if Floyd is even as Sharp as he wasn't in the cotto fight it wont be a factor, I see that Floyd beating guerrero as well.

i think they make a ton of money on canelo no matter who he fights. mayweather, on the other hand... comes at a very high cost and gbp is just along for the ride. i've seen gbp get it wrong on too many occasions more than they get it right. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) let's see how it plays out.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 21 2013, 09:41 PM
Post #99

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Article from Yahoo Sports on details of "Floyd's Deal."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mayweather-si...23881--box.html

Jack

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 21 2013, 10:59 PM
Post #100

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I say Floyd wins a UD here. I don't think Guerrero has the same pop he did at the lower weights and as I said before the 2 fights he had at 147 aint shit. Who the hell knew Aydin before that fight, and Berto had an identity crisis. This is the shit his backers want to sell to me as a potential spoil for Mayweather. I only see Martinez and Canelo as potential conquerors of Floyd. He gets hit with silly shots and though he rocked Berto, he was rocked himself. He makes amateurish mistakes and that dirty boxing style won't work against someone with ring smarts

The biggest reason I see Floyd winning is his Boxing IQ, even Guerrero alluded to it today in an interview with boxingscene. He's in over his head. I'll let the people who have faith in this big eared holy roller champion his performances, but May 4th he will be the one getting humbled because he will realize he's not as good as he thought he was..and hopefully he goes back to obscurity.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 03:17 PM