IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Prediction Thread: Who is next for Mayweather?(Topics Merged), What Makes Sense? (Khan? Alvarez?, Cotto II?, Pacquiao?)
KOpower
post May 10 2013, 11:55 PM
Post #51

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 11 2013, 12:44 AM) *
If this is your idea of a joke, then spare us all the agony.

Thanks

Hey, I don't want Floyd vs Malinaggi but it would be so bad that it would turn funny. That would be a terrible fight and I can't imagine a win over a 135 pound Broner would be enough to warrant that fight for Paulie. I watched Paulie get absolutely thrashed by Amir Khan.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 11 2013, 12:34 AM
Post #52

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (KOpower @ May 11 2013, 12:55 AM) *
Hey, I don't want Floyd vs Malinaggi but it would be so bad that it would turn funny. That would be a terrible fight and I can't imagine a win over a 135 pound Broner would be enough to warrant that fight for Paulie. I watched Paulie get absolutely thrashed by Amir Khan.

Man just STFU

As many dumb casual fans as there are out there (present company excluded), they "THINK" that Broner is the "next Mayweather", so Paulie beating him, would definitely call for a Floyd fight, depending on how they decide to promote it, and whether or not Floyd wanted to take the fight.

What if Guerrero/Broner would've happened, and Guerrero would've beaten him, then what? Dont you think that the general public (translation: dumb ass casual fans) would've "demanded" Floyd vs Guerrero???

If Floyd considered Paulie back in '09 with less than nothing to bring to the table, then he'll take him after a Broner win (possibly). Believe me, if JMM wasn't under a TR contract, then Floyd would've been fighting him last weekend, rather than Guerrero.

At this point, I dont see Floyd taking any super risky fights before he retires, so get it out of your wet dreams in regards to hoping that he loses. Again, I take zero pleasure in saying that Floyd retires undefeated, but that's what it's looking like.

With that in mind, just stick your fantasy fight list up your ass...as if there isn't enough foreign objects up in there as we speak.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 11 2013, 04:30 AM
Post #53

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

i doubt that Canelo gets Mayweather next, I do believe Floyd will fight him but that will be down the line. I saw some stadium or arena being built in Vegas when I was there and it's being built by some people from the MGM and I think some other hotels, I wouldn't be surprised if this fight didn't happen until that arena is built. The fight is big enough and that new arena will be have one helluva kick off event if the fight happened then

+Quote Post
ft280t
post May 11 2013, 09:26 AM
Post #54

Amateur

Member No.: 13,917

Floyd fights Canelo next he always denies his opponents before he fought Guerrero he said it was Alexander. Anyone think all these long lay offs and then recently sparring with 160 or 165 ponders mean Floyds movin up in weight. You aint gonna spar guys that size for a guy movin up divisions like Guerrero. Man imagine he does win a title at middleweight or somethin nobody could knock his legacy still all time great tho

+Quote Post
Jovi
post May 11 2013, 10:57 AM
Post #55

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Like what someone said earlier, Canelo looks like the toughest fight but still an easy fight for floyd. I was bitchen for Floyd to make a Catchweight clause just because he can, and show Canelo that he don't call shit. But even without Canelo is going to attend Mayweather university. Mayweather always puts in work the first 4 rounds then turns it down a notch and just starts picking apart. By this time Canelo will probably be tired. He has a good punchers chance though

And as much as i know Cshel hates to admit it, it does look like Mayweather will Retire undefeated.

The way it should be haha (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fuck.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 11 2013, 12:41 PM
Post #56

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 11 2013, 05:30 AM) *
i doubt that Canelo gets Mayweather next, I do believe Floyd will fight him but that will be down the line. I saw some stadium or arena being built in Vegas when I was there and it's being built by some people from the MGM and I think some other hotels, I wouldn't be surprised if this fight didn't happen until that arena is built. The fight is big enough and that new arena will be have one helluva kick off event if the fight happened then

This, I believe.

He will fight him down the line, besides, if Canelo is this big prize fight, then why are people rushing it? If he fights his biggest fight in September, then what? Well, it can go two ways...people wont care about his upcoming fights after Canelo, or they could very well care enough to make sure he cracks a million buys like he for the Guerrero fight.

With that in mind, fans cant complain if he decides to wait to fight him. Who would that actually be hurting? If my memory serves me correctly, that would mean that Floyd would be getting older and older, while Canelo would still be in his prime.

Hopefully that new stadium that they're building is a super-sized Bunny Ranch! They dont need any more stadiums and shit out there. Lol

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 11 2013, 02:02 PM
Post #57

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 11 2013, 01:34 AM) *
Man just STFU

As many dumb casual fans as there are out there (present company excluded), they "THINK" that Broner is the "next Mayweather", so Paulie beating him, would definitely call for a Floyd fight, depending on how they decide to promote it, and whether or not Floyd wanted to take the fight.

What if Guerrero/Broner would've happened, and Guerrero would've beaten him, then what? Dont you think that the general public (translation: dumb ass casual fans) would've "demanded" Floyd vs Guerrero???

If Floyd considered Paulie back in '09 with less than nothing to bring to the table, then he'll take him after a Broner win (possibly). Believe me, if JMM wasn't under a TR contract, then Floyd would've been fighting him last weekend, rather than Guerrero.

At this point, I dont see Floyd taking any super risky fights before he retires, so get it out of your wet dreams in regards to hoping that he loses. Again, I take zero pleasure in saying that Floyd retires undefeated, but that's what it's looking like.

With that in mind, just stick your fantasy fight list up your ass...as if there isn't enough foreign objects up in there as we speak.

Nobody is going to demand a Floyd Mayweather-Paulie Malignaggi fight. I can't believe you are trying to argue this. Floyd-Malignaggi is a terrible fight. It is a J-O-K-E of a fight. The good news is that it won't happen. Broner will beat Paulie. Even if Paulie wins, it STILL won't happen. Nobody is paying $70 to watch Paulie get abused by Mayweather and I can't imagine Showtime gives that fight the OK.

Like I said, I watched Amir Khan beat the tar out of Paulie. If Paulie wants Mayweather, he needs to beat Broner and then beat Khan in a rematch at 147. Isn't that "the way boxing works"?

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post May 11 2013, 02:15 PM
Post #58

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Let's do some hypotheticals:

How much more money, or less money would Floyd have made if they would have put a potential PPV fight on regular Showtime, or even Commercial TV (CBS?)

Will the powers that be perhaps consider any alternatives to PPV, for Floyd, because none of the remaining discussed opponents (except Alvarez) are PPV worthy?

How did closed-circuit theater sales do for Mayweather-Guerrero?

How do we know that the release numbers are not inflated by Mayweather Productions/Golden Boy?

Jack

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 11 2013, 03:19 PM
Post #59

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 10 2013, 04:08 PM) *
this moment reminds me of when cotto beat mosley....and floyd beat hatton. it made all the sense in the world for floyd to fight cotto at that point. it was the perfect build up to that fight and it never happened. that was 2007.

fast forward to 2013...present day...

canelo fights on his own show separate from floyd and takes on a tough challenge in austin trout. whether you thought he won or loss is irrelevant. the overwhelming majority believe he won that fight and earned a shot at floyd.

don't fool yourselves. floyd is not fighting canelo next if ever. if floyd fights canelo next....where does he go from there? canelo is the biggest name out there for him. it makes no sense for him to fight canelo now.

Well floyd is getting older. So maybe he wants to fight him now?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 11 2013, 09:38 PM
Post #60

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (KOpower @ May 11 2013, 03:02 PM) *
Nobody is going to demand a Floyd Mayweather-Paulie Malignaggi fight. I can't believe you are trying to argue this. Floyd-Malignaggi is a terrible fight. It is a J-O-K-E of a fight. The good news is that it won't happen. Broner will beat Paulie. Even if Paulie wins, it STILL won't happen. Nobody is paying $70 to watch Paulie get abused by Mayweather and I can't imagine Showtime gives that fight the OK.

Like I said, I watched Amir Khan beat the tar out of Paulie. If Paulie wants Mayweather, he needs to beat Broner and then beat Khan in a rematch at 147. Isn't that "the way boxing works"?

When you over a million people just paid $70 for Mayweather/Guerrero and nobody had a clue who Guerrero was, you cant tell me that Showtime wont give Mayweather/Malignaggi the nod...ESPECIALLY if Paulie beats Broner in jaw-dropping fashion.

NOW, am I saying that Paulie will beat Broner? Who knows. If he beats Broner, then who gives a shit about Khan? A Broner victory would the upset of the year in Paulie's case. Everybody's been seeing this Mayweather clone who happens to be more aggressive than Floyd, to the casual fan, they'll only wonder if Paulie can do the same to Mayweather.

Oh yes buddy, I'm arguing this whole Malignaggi/Mayweather stuff, believe it. The only reason that I'm arguing it, is because you're entertaining it, rather than shutting the F up like I asked to to do earlier. You post like a retarded casual fan, but you damn sure don't think like one. Good luck

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 06:53 PM