IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> should hbo just reel in jim lampley, or get rid of him altogether?
daprofessor
post Jul 16 2012, 06:38 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 16 2012, 02:28 PM) *
I MISS Big George! He wouldn't allow Lampley or Merchant to be a bitch and get the last word, he used to have their asses in check! If they were calling the fight wrong or being biased, then he would shut that shit down immediately.

Nowadays, Steward will know that Lampley is completely wrong about something, but he'll either agree, or just let him have it. With that in mind, I cant remember which fighter called Steward an Uncle Tom, but they were right.

Anybody remember how RJJ made Pacquiao look like shit with his commentary during the first Morales fight? Didn't he put Larry's ass in check too? Anybody remember Roy EVER calling a Pacquiao fight after that? I rest my case on that...

i think that was james toney. i got that feeling when he spoke so badly of jack johnson. smh.

i'll have to go back and check roy calling the morales/pac fight. good call.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Jul 16 2012, 06:38 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 16 2012, 08:25 PM
Post #12

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Lampley was amazing 10-15 years ago. But now he's little more than a pom-pom shaker for the HBO promoted fighter. I hope he's not calling any Olympic stuff this year, but he might be. Jim can't stop going "Ga-Ga" for the media money makers now. Go back 10 years and compare his fight calls. You will see such a difference.

Jack

PS. Sometimes I used to get pissed at George for saying stupid shit. But Foreman could put both Jim and Larry in line when he had to do that! I don't think Larry and George got along too well.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 16 2012, 08:46 PM
Post #13

The Consultant

If you want to complain about Jim Lamply's bias calls in certain fights, you can Word Process a letter to the head of HBO's Sports Department. It is probably better than sending e-mail. Be professional and cite specific examples of Jim's bias during his calls in fights.

Copy this link into your letters, it is good evidence, showing how Jim's biased favoritism of Manny Pacquiao in the Timothy Bradley fight may have influenced the public into seeing a one-sided fight, which was a lot closer than Jim called:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUw-FoGDWU8

If you can cite maybe 3 good examples of Jim Lamply's bias in fights and if enough people respond professionally, maybe the head of HBO Sports will be able to talk to Jim and have him review some footage. A one-page letter would be good if you choose to contact HBO Sports: Here is the address:

Mr. Ken Hershman
HBO Sports, President
1100 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY. 10036

Don't just come out and say that Lamps sucks. Instead point out how his commentary has changed over the past decade from excited, professional commentary to a favorable bias for the HBO contracted fighter. This disrespect that Jim showed after the Garcia win with the above comment, cite that too. Give like 3-5 good instances of Jim's biased and unprofessional views in recent years. Maybe if enough people see the same things, Jim might settle down and be more neutral in his commentary. This might help.

Jack

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 17 2012, 12:56 AM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 16 2012, 08:25 PM) *
Lampley was amazing 10-15 years ago. But now he's little more than a pom-pom shaker for the HBO promoted fighter. I hope he's not calling any Olympic stuff this year, but he might be. Jim can't stop going "Ga-Ga" for the media money makers now. Go back 10 years and compare his fight calls. You will see such a difference.

Jack

PS. Sometimes I used to get pissed at George for saying stupid shit. But Foreman could put both Jim and Larry in line when he had to do that! I don't think Larry and George got along too well.

no, he sucked well over 10 yrs ago. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 17 2012, 12:57 AM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 16 2012, 08:46 PM) *
If you want to complain about Jim Lamply's bias calls in certain fights, you can Word Process a letter to the head of HBO's Sports Department. It is probably better than sending e-mail. Be professional and cite specific examples of Jim's bias during his calls in fights.

Copy this link into your letters, it is good evidence, showing how Jim's biased favoritism of Manny Pacquiao in the Timothy Bradley fight may have influenced the public into seeing a one-sided fight, which was a lot closer than Jim called:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUw-FoGDWU8

If you can cite maybe 3 good examples of Jim Lamply's bias in fights and if enough people respond professionally, maybe the head of HBO Sports will be able to talk to Jim and have him review some footage. A one-page letter would be good if you choose to contact HBO Sports: Here is the address:

Mr. Ken Hershman
HBO Sports, President
1100 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY. 10036

Don't just come out and say that Lamps sucks. Instead point out how his commentary has changed over the past decade from excited, professional commentary to a favorable bias for the HBO contracted fighter. This disrespect that Jim showed after the Garcia win with the above comment, cite that too. Give like 3-5 good instances of Jim's biased and unprofessional views in recent years. Maybe if enough people see the same things, Jim might settle down and be more neutral in his commentary. This might help.

Jack

thanks Jack!!!

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 17 2012, 03:49 AM
Post #16

The Consultant

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 17 2012, 12:56 AM) *
no, he sucked well over 10 yrs ago. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

LOL! It just that Lamps has sucked MORE than in the past with his biased agendas!

Jack

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 17 2012, 08:14 AM
Post #17

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 15 2012, 03:34 PM) *
the guy is extremely pathetic as a commentator. waaay too biased. it's almost sad. maybe someone should tell him to lay off the weed and he wouldn't be so homotional. he has to go.

either that or give us the option to watch without commentary and just the ring and crowd noise. that is even better than being at the fight imo.

I think they should fire Lampley, Merchant and that lame unofficial boxing Judge Harold Letterman, none of them really knows the sport in terms of what's going on in the ring and even when they're reporting what they see it isn't usually what's going on.

Merchant is the most biased of all of them and Lampley is either blind, or an idiot or a buffoon-either way you put it he doesn't commentate accurately on what's going on in the ring.

They call him (Jim) a Color Commentator; well obviously he's seeing something in just black and white but not necessarily in color unless they (HBO) are trying to hype up a certain latino or Filipino fighter.

FIRE LAMPLEY, LETTERMAN AND THAT VODKA DRINKING ALKY (MERCHANT)!!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 17 2012, 09:19 AM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

For some reason, I dont even feel smart enough to write a letter nowadays...guess I can blame that on frustration. What we can do is give them links to some of these threads, surely their eyes will bleed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
bMaK
post Jul 17 2012, 10:50 AM
Post #19

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,682

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 16 2012, 09:27 AM) *
LMAO Big George was about to fry his ass up and squeeze the juice out of him

I'm still trying to figure out Merchant's rap vs hip-hop line in the Cotto vs Mayweather fight lol. Rule of thumb should be, if you don't know shit about it, don't reference it and don't make an analogy.

I understood that, it was just corny. He was trying to say Mayweather is a little more hardcore now.

Agreed on Lampley though, it's pretty blatant at this point. I wonder what spurred his 180, he didn't use to come off THIS bias. I don't think it just happened- maybe he had an incident with someone or HBO encouraged him to play it up more.

Sidenote, the boxing politricks turned me off to the bullshit recently. Shoutout to Haye and Garcia for this past Saturday, two MUCH needed shots in the arm.

This post has been edited by bMaK: Jul 17 2012, 10:51 AM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 17 2012, 03:13 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bMaK @ Jul 17 2012, 10:50 AM) *
I understood that, it was just corny. He was trying to say Mayweather is a little more hardcore now.

Agreed on Lampley though, it's pretty blatant at this point. I wonder what spurred his 180, he didn't use to come off THIS bias. I don't think it just happened- maybe he had an incident with someone or HBO encouraged him to play it up more.

Sidenote, the boxing politricks turned me off to the bullshit recently. Shoutout to Haye and Garcia for this past Saturday, two MUCH needed shots in the arm.

are u one of the fans that has left boxing for mma? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

u would be the first that in know if that is true. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 05:29 PM