Closed TopicStart new topic
> Mayweather Distracted?
philly31
post May 2 2014, 07:41 AM
Post #1

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,124

I remember a few weeks ago when some of the know it alls of this forum gave that guy pure hell for bringing up this topic before anyone even knew it was an issue, but now that legit news organizations like USA Today are saying the same thing he said, I wonder will those same haters chime in on this question too:

Could Floyd be so distracted by his personal life that he actually loses on Saturday? This is a lot different than his previous personal issues before a fight.

Here's a link to the article:http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/boxing/2014/05/01/floyd-mayweather-girlfriend-breakup-drama-chantel-jackson-marcos-maidana/8586323/

Let the childish responses (mixed with a few intelligent analysis) start now ...

This post has been edited by philly31: May 2 2014, 07:42 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sduck
post May 2 2014, 08:34 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Mayweather always had issues and distractions outside the ring, and it never seemed to bother him while he's in the ring, unless that issue is directly in the ring with him, i.e. breaking his hands or shoulder pain.

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post May 2 2014, 09:12 AM
Post #3

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

People just need a premeditated excuse to justify a potential loss for Mayweather..... If Maidana were to win, he will have earned that "W." People always want to diminish the achievement of an under dog.

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post May 2 2014, 09:33 AM
Post #4

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (philly31 @ May 2 2014, 08:41 AM) *
I remember a few weeks ago when some of the know it alls of this forum gave that guy pure hell for bringing up this topic before anyone even knew it was an issue, but now that legit news organizations like USA Today are saying the same thing he said, I wonder will those same haters chime in on this question too:

Could Floyd be so distracted by his personal life that he actually loses on Saturday? This is a lot different than his previous personal issues before a fight.

Here's a link to the article:http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/boxing/2014/05/01/floyd-mayweather-girlfriend-breakup-drama-chantel-jackson-marcos-maidana/8586323/

Let the childish responses (mixed with a few intelligent analysis) start now ...

I always wondered how boxers keep from being distracted before that one big night. How do you even sleep? It's not like you have other teammates to fall back on.

Floyd has been in the game at this level for a long time. I think one of the things that need to be mastered in order to be on top this long is distractions. I also think a shot from Maidana will throw all distractions out the window, then it becomes about how much hard work you put in the gym. We know he puts the work in. I believe he'll be ready to go.

+Quote Post
philly31
post May 2 2014, 09:42 AM
Post #5

Amateur

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ May 2 2014, 10:33 AM) *
I always wondered how boxers keep from being distracted before that one big night. How do you even sleep? It's not like you have other teammates to fall back on.

Floyd has been in the game at this level for a long time. I think one of the things that need to be mastered in order to be on top this long is distractions. I also think a shot from Maidana will throw all distractions out the window, then it becomes about how much hard work you put in the gym. We know he puts the work in. I believe he'll be ready to go.

I agree. After that first good shot by Maidana I think Floyd's fighter instinct will take over and become a distraction from the distraction, so to speak.

+Quote Post
philly31
post May 2 2014, 09:45 AM
Post #6

Amateur

QUOTE (sduck @ May 2 2014, 09:34 AM) *
Mayweather always had issues and distractions outside the ring, and it never seemed to bother him while he's in the ring, unless that issue is directly in the ring with him, i.e. breaking his hands or shoulder pain.

Good point. I can't stand when that happens either. It'd be a valid excuse, but an excuse none the less.

+Quote Post
philly31
post May 2 2014, 09:47 AM
Post #7

Amateur

QUOTE (sduck @ May 2 2014, 09:34 AM) *

True. This distraction seems as bit heavier though, all things considered.

+Quote Post
Miggaty
post May 2 2014, 09:50 AM
Post #8

Amateur

Group: Banned
Member No.: 14,164

QUOTE (philly31 @ May 2 2014, 05:41 AM) *

I was the one who tried to tell everyone that Floyd was distracted and his was head wasn't all there during camp. I also tried telling everyone about Nelly and Ms. Jackson, but everyone gave me pure hell. What do u have to say now? Not all post are BS!

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweathers-foc...-concern--77344

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 2 2014, 09:59 AM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Philly your link don't work but I looked up the article lol

All professional athletes have distractions, it don't mean shit. I used to work for the Bears and them NFL and NBA types constantly got some extra shit going on. Some people perform during that time period and some people don't. Hell Devin Hester always had some shit going on and he in the record books. Sometimes it works out as a form of therapy for an athlete to be doing what they do be iut in the ring, on the court, or on the field. As far as ol girl go, she busted, she hosted a few parties here about a week ago, she's a dime for sure but when you miss one bus it's another one right behind it. Ain't no big thing

+Quote Post
Miggaty
post May 2 2014, 10:13 AM
Post #10

Amateur

Group: Banned
Member No.: 14,164

I tried to tell everyone about Floyd not being fully focused and about Floyd being distracted about Nelly and Ms. Jackson, but everyone gave me hell and talked shit about me. What do u have to say now?

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweathers-foc...-concern--77344

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 05:15 PM