IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

32 Pages V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV/CC-Mayweather vs. Guerrero@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-SPOILERS, NO NEW SPOILER THREADS, OR PUBLIC STREAMS!
Hotsauce
post May 7 2013, 05:27 AM
Post #281

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 7 2013, 03:03 AM) *
I enjoyed myself at the fight and in Vegas but I will probably never bring my girl again,...... I talked to Jeff Mayweather and Lamont Peterson and got their assessment on the fight. Almost all the boxers and trainers I spoke to afterwards seemed to be as dumbfounded as I was at the booing and the early exiting by the fans.

I guess some people just see fighting and don't realize that this sport is called the sweet science for a reason. I was coincidentally seated next to Reuben Guerrero's sister and some members of his family and they were cool as f*ck, we had a nice trash talk session the whole time but they were/are great people

As for the fight itself, I just don't understand why Guererro let Floyd off the hook when he had him in clear positions to do some work, don't get me wrong, Mayweather was on his game, he hasn't performed like that in quite a while. But I think Guerrero could've did some more things in there to give himself a better shot at pulling out the victory. That straight right was like a missile that refused to miss it's target

I saw the names that Schaefer threw out there as possibilities for Mayweather's next fight and TBH I don't care who it is, if he fights the way he did last Saturday, he aint getting beat, all I know is I will be back in Vegas minus 1 lol

And Victor Ortiz is a clown, this dude got into it with some fans in the middle of one of the fights, I forget which one

she didn't have fun?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 7 2013, 05:29 AM
Post #282

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 7 2013, 03:03 AM) *
I enjoyed myself at the fight and in Vegas but I will probably never bring my girl again,...... I talked to Jeff Mayweather and Lamont Peterson and got their assessment on the fight. Almost all the boxers and trainers I spoke to afterwards seemed to be as dumbfounded as I was at the booing and the early exiting by the fans.

I guess some people just see fighting and don't realize that this sport is called the sweet science for a reason. I was coincidentally seated next to Reuben Guerrero's sister and some members of his family and they were cool as f*ck, we had a nice trash talk session the whole time but they were/are great people

As for the fight itself, I just don't understand why Guererro let Floyd off the hook when he had him in clear positions to do some work, don't get me wrong, Mayweather was on his game, he hasn't performed like that in quite a while. But I think Guerrero could've did some more things in there to give himself a better shot at pulling out the victory. That straight right was like a missile that refused to miss it's target

I saw the names that Schaefer threw out there as possibilities for Mayweather's next fight and TBH I don't care who it is, if he fights the way he did last Saturday, he aint getting beat, all I know is I will be back in Vegas minus 1 lol

And Victor Ortiz is a clown, this dude got into it with some fans in the middle of one of the fights, I forget which one

like this?

(IMG:http://imgboot.com/images/Arculan/three.gif)

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 7 2013, 09:20 AM
Post #283

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Mrchitown, thanks for the run down about your experience. I always like to hear about people's experiences live at fights. I never actually got to go to a big time event so I live vicariously through you guys lol

How come you don't want to bring your girl anymore man? lol

And I totally agree about Ortiz. I think he may be even more annoying to me than Guerrero now. He's a total dick. His interview before the fight was absolutely disgusting and reprehensible. He went on this cocky self centered tirade about his dislike for Mayweather and Guerrero...but it had absolutely nothign to do with what the interviewer asked him. The interviewer was just looking at him like "ooooookkkkkkkk. Well Thanks anyway."

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 7 2013, 11:25 PM
Post #284

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ May 7 2013, 05:29 AM) *

Your point is duly noted lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 7 2013, 11:42 PM
Post #285

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ May 7 2013, 05:27 AM) *
she didn't have fun?

Nah, she had fun but I took her because her birthday was the day before and the fight just so happened to be an added perk for me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I did tell her before hand that if she didn't want to go I'd spend that friday with her and fly out to the fight in saturday...I'm cold I know lol. But her attitude changed when we went to the weigh in, she started screaming had work dedication and others followed but our section at the weigh in was filled with mexicans and they didn't like that. Obviously I'm not gon tolerate disrespect towards my lady but she could've just STHU..then I was speaking to Freddie Roach about some things and she kept dropping Mayweather bombs. I really don't want to repeat what she said but he was a gentleman but I could tell he was agitated by her comments

Lets see what else, she embarrassed herself in front of Peter Quillin by asking him who he was and why he was important, Lamont Peterson by telling him he's too skinny to be a boxer, he just laughed at her lmao and Evander real roids Holyfield. When we made our way out the arena, it's a hallway that you walk to and Kenny Bayless and the ref of the Mayweather-Guerrero fight Robert Byrd, I was talking to them about the fight and asked for a pic with them and she went ape shit. i told Byrd that the main event is about to be in this hallway with me whooping her ass and he ran away laughing, but I was serious

After that I pulled her to the side and asked her what the problem was because we were there a total of 4 days and her mood would just shift like she bi-polar or some shit. She told me she felt uncomfortable with the crowd and she doesn't like that. So now here I am being nice to her when low and behold she gets me into a mini confrontation with Stephen Jackson..(yeah the NBA guy), he was a little rude but I was gon let it slide til he mouthed off to her. We leaving the MGM and I speak to Danny and Angel Garcia and she gets pissed

At that point I said something that I admit now was inappropriate to her but honestly looking back I enjoyed the fight and the weekend but she took some enjoyment out of it for me. Now she telling me she can't wait to go back and she wants to go whenever Floyd fights again. I don't see that in her future..we left out late Sunday so we toured some spots on the strip and wala magic she's back to her old self

I think she was acting the way she was becauseshe only wanted to do what she suggested. I noticed whenever it was something she wanted to do she was happy as hell but when I recommended something she huffed and puffed the whole way

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 7 2013, 11:49 PM
Post #286

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 7 2013, 09:20 AM) *
Mrchitown, thanks for the run down about your experience. I always like to hear about people's experiences live at fights. I never actually got to go to a big time event so I live vicariously through you guys lol

How come you don't want to bring your girl anymore man? lol

And I totally agree about Ortiz. I think he may be even more annoying to me than Guerrero now. He's a total dick. His interview before the fight was absolutely disgusting and reprehensible. He went on this cocky self centered tirade about his dislike for Mayweather and Guerrero...but it had absolutely nothign to do with what the interviewer asked him. The interviewer was just looking at him like "ooooookkkkkkkk. Well Thanks anyway."

The hell with my girl, we've barely spoken since we been back lol...

Ortiz was yelling at Guerrero or Mayweather during the intros while they were in the ring, a fan said something, he said something back and more people around that fan, probably his friends responded and then the little fracas started

Funny thing is like I said, I was seated next to Guerrero's aunt and uncle and some other family members and they was cool. We talked some shit back and forth and it was all fun and games. But immediately after the fight I told his uncle that he should recommend to Robert that he face Victor next because I think their styles mesh well and it would be an explosive fight...low and behold Shchaefer says that Guererro and Ortiz may be the next fight for the two, I want my fuckin check

I agree with you too, Ortiz comes off as bitter at times and it's sad because he has these moments where it seems like he's completely sane and then reality kicks back in. I like Ortiz as a fighter but I think at the rate he's going that he's going to do something too far off the cuff and get himself banned from boxing. I don't think he is mature or has a filter when he does and says things and that's a dangerous recipe

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 8 2013, 12:49 AM
Post #287

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 7 2013, 11:25 PM) *
Your point is duly noted lol

victor ortiz did a better job besides the headbutt

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 8 2013, 12:52 AM
Post #288

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 7 2013, 11:42 PM) *
Nah, she had fun but I took her because her birthday was the day before and the fight just so happened to be an added perk for me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I did tell her before hand that if she didn't want to go I'd spend that friday with her and fly out to the fight in saturday...I'm cold I know lol. But her attitude changed when we went to the weigh in, she started screaming had work dedication and others followed but our section at the weigh in was filled with mexicans and they didn't like that. Obviously I'm not gon tolerate disrespect towards my lady but she could've just STHU..then I was speaking to Freddie Roach about some things and she kept dropping Mayweather bombs. I really don't want to repeat what she said but he was a gentleman but I could tell he was agitated by her comments

Lets see what else, she embarrassed herself in front of Peter Quillin by asking him who he was and why he was important, Lamont Peterson by telling him he's too skinny to be a boxer, he just laughed at her lmao and Evander real roids Holyfield. When we made our way out the arena, it's a hallway that you walk to and Kenny Bayless and the ref of the Mayweather-Guerrero fight Robert Byrd, I was talking to them about the fight and asked for a pic with them and she went ape shit. i told Byrd that the main event is about to be in this hallway with me whooping her ass and he ran away laughing, but I was serious

After that I pulled her to the side and asked her what the problem was because we were there a total of 4 days and her mood would just shift like she bi-polar or some shit. She told me she felt uncomfortable with the crowd and she doesn't like that. So now here I am being nice to her when low and behold she gets me into a mini confrontation with Stephen Jackson..(yeah the NBA guy), he was a little rude but I was gon let it slide til he mouthed off to her. We leaving the MGM and I speak to Danny and Angel Garcia and she gets pissed

At that point I said something that I admit now was inappropriate to her but honestly looking back I enjoyed the fight and the weekend but she took some enjoyment out of it for me. Now she telling me she can't wait to go back and she wants to go whenever Floyd fights again. I don't see that in her future..we left out late Sunday so we toured some spots on the strip and wala magic she's back to her old self

I think she was acting the way she was becauseshe only wanted to do what she suggested. I noticed whenever it was something she wanted to do she was happy as hell but when I recommended something she huffed and puffed the whole way

She might need to get checked and I'm not being funny

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 8 2013, 07:26 AM
Post #289

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

[quote name='mrchitown' date='May 8 2013, 12:49 AM' post='580912']
The hell with my girl, we've barely spoken since we been back lol...

That is the proper attitude... only an ungrateful american chick would act up at such a great event... get you one of those needy third world chicks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 8 2013, 11:17 AM
Post #290

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Chitown I haven't even wanted to post this shit has been all to entertaining on its own lol.

I agree tho ortiz was working harder than Robert against Floyd even after getting tagged by what looked like a eight punch combo in the middle of the ring

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 08:43 PM