IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Mayweather-Alverez, Reply in New Pin Up Thread and Vote in Poll!
mrchitown
post Apr 25 2013, 09:42 PM
Post #81

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 25 2013, 07:39 PM) *
They get these two important words mixed up, boxer and fighter. In my personal opinion anyway

Agreed, I think these media types want to make it seem like it's some sort of competition between the 2 sports when their TOTALLY different from one another
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 25 2013, 09:46 PM
Post #82

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 25 2013, 08:43 PM) *
atg in a sport that is a decade old = no big deal

atg in a sport that has been around for centuries = big deal

I like Jones, I like quite a few MMA fighters but make no mistake about it, Boxing has countless fighters who are on legendary status. MMA boomed the last few years and Boxing still grooms stars and potential ATG's. MMA's future is still unfolding while Boxing is just adding pieces to it's ever growing legacy

Shit, MMA need to get a legacy before they even begin to be compared to Boxing

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 25 2013, 09:48 PM
Post #83

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 25 2013, 08:47 PM) *
Right.

You know how that goes Chi, "stans" (stupid fans) wont allow facts to get in the way of their aimless conquest to wherever the f*ck they're trying to drive their point. LOL

True, that's what makes it annoying to me. These so called journalists and these fly by night fans are the ones whose agenda seems to be getting across. Meanwhile us true fans get stiffed in favor of these non knowing shit assholes

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 25 2013, 09:57 PM
Post #84

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 25 2013, 10:46 PM) *
I like Jones, I like quite a few MMA fighters but make no mistake about it, Boxing has countless fighters who are on legendary status. MMA boomed the last few years and Boxing still grooms stars and potential ATG's. MMA's future is still unfolding while Boxing is just adding pieces to it's ever growing legacy

Shit, MMA need to get a legacy before they even begin to be compared to Boxing

dana white killed mma for me. the minute he started trying to compare boxing to mma...and he would shit on it with his trademark bullshit...."i love boxing...i'm a big fan, but...blah,blah,blah..." and his talking head...rogan or whatever that shitty comedians name is....he did the same. i don't watch that shit. never really did. i'm sure jones is a good mma fighter...but unless he starts boxing, i'll never see him.

i'll take boxing on it's worst day over mma's best.

what's the worst boxing match u ever saw? chris byrd vs davaryll williamson. i'll watch that all day every day over any mma. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i'd take john ruiz career set on loop 24 hours a day over any mma.

i love boxing.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 26 2013, 12:34 AM
Post #85

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 25 2013, 09:57 PM) *
dana white killed mma for me. the minute he started trying to compare boxing to mma...and he would shit on it with his trademark bullshit...."i love boxing...i'm a big fan, but...blah,blah,blah..." and his talking head...rogan or whatever that shitty comedians name is....he did the same. i don't watch that shit. never really did. i'm sure jones is a good mma fighter...but unless he starts boxing, i'll never see him.

i'll take boxing on it's worst day over mma's best.

what's the worst boxing match u ever saw? chris byrd vs davaryll williamson. i'll watch that all day every day over any mma. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i'd take john ruiz career set on loop 24 hours a day over any mma.

i love boxing.

Damn Ruiz? hahahaha, I agree Dana White just kills any joy one could have from his events. I did notice that the UFC would go head up with Boxing ppv's years ago and then one time they went up against a Mayweather ppv and got crushed. I believe it was the Mosley but I'm not sure. He's built the UFC off the back of Boxing and I can't respect that. If your product is good the people will come

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 26 2013, 02:20 AM
Post #86

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 26 2013, 12:34 AM) *
Damn Ruiz? hahahaha, I agree Dana White just kills any joy one could have from his events. I did notice that the UFC would go head up with Boxing ppv's years ago and then one time they went up against a Mayweather ppv and got crushed. I believe it was the Mosley but I'm not sure. He's built the UFC off the back of Boxing and I can't respect that. If your product is good the people will come

it was the floyd/jmm fight

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 26 2013, 07:47 AM
Post #87

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 26 2013, 03:20 AM) *
it was the floyd/jmm fight

And Dana said he'd never go up against a Mayweather card again....that being said, I do find it interesting not long ago, he went head to head against Pac though. Make of it, what you will.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 26 2013, 09:24 AM
Post #88

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 25 2013, 10:48 PM) *
True, that's what makes it annoying to me. These so called journalists and these fly by night fans are the ones whose agenda seems to be getting across. Meanwhile us true fans get stiffed in favor of these non knowing shit assholes

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Sadly, these people (whack journalist and analysts) are the primary voices of boxing. It hurts my ass to watch ESPN (excluding FNFs) and see agendas being pushed to no ends. We have to see Manny Pacquiao say that Floyd's afraid of him, and hear his team talk about how they offered blah, blah, blah, but blah was declined and so on.

When casual fans who rarely frequent boxing sites, but wanna know what's going on in the sport, flip to ESPN and see that kind of garbage, they run with it. Hell, even when Floyd gets a chance to do an interview on ESPN, you have poo-butt ass columnists like Mike Wilbon harass him on national television.

Please dont get me started on how America exalts foreign fighters, athletes (at times), and does nothing less than shit on those who represent their home country. I'm soooo fuckin' glad that this FMJ/Pac fight has pretty much died, not that I didn't wanna see it, but while we waited, we all got a chance to see the world show their racist, small-minded, asses all because they wanted to see a fuckin' fight?! Really?! That shit was worse than politics.

It's hard out here for a boxing fan. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 26 2013, 11:36 AM
Post #89

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 26 2013, 06:24 AM) *
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Sadly, these people (whack journalist and analysts) are the primary voices of boxing. It hurts my ass to watch ESPN (excluding FNFs) and see agendas being pushed to no ends. We have to see Manny Pacquiao say that Floyd's afraid of him, and hear his team talk about how they offered blah, blah, blah, but blah was declined and so on.

When casual fans who rarely frequent boxing sites, but wanna know what's going on in the sport, flip to ESPN and see that kind of garbage, they run with it. Hell, even when Floyd gets a chance to do an interview on ESPN, you have poo-butt ass columnists like Mike Wilbon harass him on national television.

Please dont get me started on how America exalts foreign fighters, athletes (at times), and does nothing less than shit on those who represent their home country. I'm soooo fuckin' glad that this FMJ/Pac fight has pretty much died, not that I didn't wanna see it, but while we waited, we all got a chance to see the world show their racist, small-minded, asses all because they wanted to see a fuckin' fight?! Really?! That shit was worse than politics.

It's hard out here for a boxing fan. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Skip Bayless, Jim Rome and Stephen A. Smith! I hate when they talk boxing or any sport!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 26 2013, 02:44 PM
Post #90

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 26 2013, 01:34 AM) *

honestly...i'm probably john ruiz' biggest fan. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

ufc/mma has definitely been built off the back of boxing and i still don't understand how all these boxing sites give them a free ride. they could keep their advertising dollars. also...while i'm at it....fuck everlast!!! them muhfuckas won't even sponsor amateur boxing anymore but they do flips for mma. i can't support their made in china low quality ass boxing equipment anymore.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Apr 26 2013, 02:44 PM

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 06:19 PM