IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FLOYD and PAC, Is there a double standard??
checkleft
post May 12 2013, 10:18 PM
Post #71

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 12 2013, 08:59 PM) *
Yeap and Floyd has other options that can be in the makings with more seasoned and tested opponents. I would not mind seeing Bradely Mayweather... Floyd could do a million PPV with Bradley

Trout has no power and does too much arm punching. Good chin and stamina though but he needs to make more of his shots hard... He had Canelo going in the way he wanted yet he was not landing anything with bad intentions.

He did remind me of the old Alexander a little bit. A lot of punching but no weight behind them
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 12 2013, 11:49 PM
Post #72

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 12 2013, 05:42 PM) *
Totally agree. Dude oozed confidence in the Trout fight...it's like the thought of him getting hit, didn't even cross his mind.

He really surprised me with his defense in that fight, it will be interesting to see if that was a one time thing or if his defensive skills go even further in his next fight

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 12 2013, 11:53 PM
Post #73

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 12 2013, 08:59 PM) *
Yeap and Floyd has other options that can be in the makings with more seasoned and tested opponents. I would not mind seeing Bradely Mayweather... Floyd could do a million PPV with Bradley

I'd love to see a Mayweather-Bradley match, but I doubt Arum's sorry ass would allow it

I did read an interview that Freddie Roach did last week and he claims that Provodnikov is in talks to fight Mayweather in September. I read it on the ring website

+Quote Post
JJohnson
post May 13 2013, 01:15 AM
Post #74

Amateur

Member No.: 13,923

QUOTE (KOpower @ May 11 2013, 02:41 PM) *
Where is all the backlash that you are talking about? I don't see much at all. I think it's all in your head man. The ironic thing is that it's the other way around. People on this board ripped Manny for fighting at CW's and now those seem people seem to be demanding Floyd fight Canelo at a CW. I have no problem with Floyd wanting a clause or a CW and I have no problem with Canelo saying no. I don't think 154 is an unreasonable weight for Mayweather to fight at as that was the weight where he met both Oscar and Cotto. And like the poster above me said, Canelo looks tired and at times sloppy b/c he has to break himself down to get to 154. That will obviously benefit the Mayweather we saw with fresh legs against RG.

You are correct that Mayweather fought in the 154 weightclass on two occasions however the highest he has ever weighed in a fight was 151 pounds. When he fought ODLH and MC he fought smaller fighters who moved up in weight. Canelo is just a bigger person overall. Im sure by the end of Canelos career he will be fighting at 168. I mean hes 22 and can barely make it to 154. 175 is not out of the question.

Why do we want Canelo to fight a smaller man anyway? I would love to see the younger fighter go up and face a bigger man not vice versa. Canelo vs Martinez or Ward should be what we should want to see.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 16 2013, 07:16 AM
Post #75

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 12 2013, 08:53 PM) *
I'd love to see a Mayweather-Bradley match, but I doubt Arum's sorry ass would allow it

I did read an interview that Freddie Roach did last week and he claims that Provodnikov is in talks to fight Mayweather in September. I read it on the ring website

Arum doesn't give a shit about Bradley. He may price Bradley out to Golden Boy for one night. I don't believe a single thing coming from Roach. He has too many contradictions. When his fighter can win a fight then he can talk as of right now, Freddie's magic is gone.

I would love to see Bradley versus Mayweather, I think Bradley would be Mayweather's toughest fight, Bradley is very skilled and has heart. Unlike Guerrero, he can adjust in the ring and he can move just as well as Mayweather. Please make this fight happen! September would be perfect!

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 16 2013, 12:47 PM
Post #76

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 16 2013, 07:16 AM) *
Arum doesn't give a shit about Bradley. He may price Bradley out to Golden Boy for one night. I don't believe a single thing coming from Roach. He has too many contradictions. When his fighter can win a fight then he can talk as of right now, Freddie's magic is gone.

I would love to see Bradley versus Mayweather, I think Bradley would be Mayweather's toughest fight, Bradley is very skilled and has heart. Unlike Guerrero, he can adjust in the ring and he can move just as well as Mayweather. Please make this fight happen! September would be perfect!

I'll believe it when it happens and Arum's track record for things like that aint good. I only believe in fights that have a high likely hood of taking place. Arum leasing out Bradley to fight Mayweather should be considered a fantasy bout

He may not give a shit about Bradley or Rigo but you think he gon let them go to another promotion and he not get in on the action? Sure he'll get some step aside cash from GB but when has he shown a willingness to do that? Your underestimating the hatred between the 2 companies..who wouldn't like to see it but you know damn well the odds of this happening aint good

I am looking forward to Bradley's fight with Marquez though

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 16 2013, 02:09 PM
Post #77

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 11 2013, 11:56 PM) *
I also believe he is still very green, Canelo is going to have to put on the performance of his life to beat Mayweather and I don't see it in him. His stamina is a big problem, he improved defensively in the Trout fight but I still believe he gets hit with shots that he shouldn't get hit with and he doesn't commit to fighting 3mins of every round. He's a part time fighter in there. Trout was getting to him and I actually had Trout winning that fight by a point. Lopez was tagging him at times, hell, even Cintron was getting him

I don't know who puts these bugs in Canelo's ear but he thinks he's bigger then he actually is. To me his biggest bargaining chip is that he's the best opponent for Mayweather at the moment

is that because he's fighting at a weight he shouldn't be at?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 16 2013, 06:21 PM
Post #78

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 13 2013, 12:53 AM) *

mayweather/bradley makes all the sense in the world. i'd love to see that too.

provodnikov/mayweather....not so much. we all saw how easily bradley was beating him when he chose to box. it's an easy win for floyd.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 16 2013, 06:23 PM
Post #79

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 16 2013, 08:16 AM) *

couldn't have said it better myself.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 16 2013, 07:08 PM
Post #80

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 16 2013, 10:47 AM) *
I'll believe it when it happens and Arum's track record for things like that aint good. I only believe in fights that have a high likely hood of taking place. Arum leasing out Bradley to fight Mayweather should be considered a fantasy bout

He may not give a shit about Bradley or Rigo but you think he gon let them go to another promotion and he not get in on the action? Sure he'll get some step aside cash from GB but when has he shown a willingness to do that? Your underestimating the hatred between the 2 companies..who wouldn't like to see it but you know damn well the odds of this happening aint good

I am looking forward to Bradley's fight with Marquez though

Come on Chi I know that the Bulls got their asses handed to them and lost shamefully but shit have hope man! Don't be like Chsels (LOL) have faith man, I have faith!

Tell someone to get Derrick Rose a freakin stylist!

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 06:47 AM