IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> JMM vs Mayweather 2, How well would Marquez fair now against him?
Cshel86
post Dec 23 2012, 09:02 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 23 2012, 09:23 AM) *
Marquez beat Pacquiao with one devastating counter right hand. No doubt, but look at his opponent. Manny was reckless, he jumped into that punch blindly. Manny was tagging Juan all night with his speed, not accuracy just speed. Juan looked slower and he even looked like he was tiring out. Yes Juan was bigger and willing to take a beating to land that shot and the risk paid off. Mayweather wouldn't even come close to making all the silly mistakes Manny did. He would pace himself and eventually make Juan say "no mas." With Juan being slower and Mayweather willing to stand toe to toe this fight would look similar to the Gatti fight if not worse. I would say this fight would end in a stoppage. Mayweather would want to prove that Juan is far below his level which would further prove to Skip Bayless, Michael Wilbon and the rest of the idiots who actually think Manny would have a chance to pick off Mayweather. What makes Mayweather great is his boxing IQ and his willingness to adjust. Most fighters stick to one game plan Mayweather has several he is like Randy Johnson, the guy had a million different pitches, Mayweather has a million different looks and strategies. The guy is a genius. This fight would be twenty times worse. I would rather see this fight than Robert Guerrero.

You gotta look at the money factor here...who would do more numbers...the guy who just knocked Manny the hell out, or the guy that nobody knows? Let's not forget that Juan kept complaining that "weight was a factor" in the first fight. Now that Juan appears to be a decent WW (or somewhat close), people will think the fight will go differently.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 23 2012, 09:38 PM
Post #12

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 23 2012, 06:02 PM) *
You gotta look at the money factor here...who would do more numbers...the guy who just knocked Manny the hell out, or the guy that nobody knows? Let's not forget that Juan kept complaining that "weight was a factor" in the first fight. Now that Juan appears to be a decent WW (or somewhat close), people will think the fight will go differently.

I would pay to see the Juan Marquez fight over Guerrero. Guerrero has no interest at all. He fights worse than Juan Castillo. A dirty fighter who tries to rough up his opponents. if Berto had any skills or sense he would of kept a distance and pot shot Guerrero for 12 rounds but this guy is a schizo and I realize Berto thinks he is Mayweather and Ali (his weak ass rope a dope). The fact is I am asking for the Juan fight. It will rake in money plus it would kill the 5th Pac fight for September so either way it works for me.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 24 2012, 02:39 AM
Post #13

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Dec 22 2012, 12:35 PM) *
The thing is...there is no reason for a rematch. Floyd DOMINATED him...and when I say DOMINATED I mean....DOOOMINAAAATEEEED.
1. To me hes more dangerous in the pocket. And..I don't know where people are getting the legs issue, hes still fresher on them than 80% of young up and coming fighters.
2. The only fight I saw him miss "a lot" of punches is the Cotto fight...and Cotto was looking spectacular that night (for a Cotto of late)...not to mention he still came up short.
3. Weight was not an issue in their first fight imo. The skills were. Floyd trains incorrectly or.....can't see your point.
4. Well placed, timed and "invisible" shot doesn't mean that there is "Ill knock all them mfkers out" power behind it. A good strong jab can daze you and put you on your ass.
5. I think that knocking the f out the God himself wouldn't be enough to get Floyd off of the confidence throne.

Though I dissagree with almost all your points, I have to admit this fight can happen since money talk and Marquez's stock has been raised a bit...but still...Floyd doesn't really need to gie him a rematch...

You know what, he dominated him too lol

I agree. He embarassed Marquez. He made him look like a C+ fighter in arguably Marquez's prime. Marquez waslike P4P #2 in the world and Floyd was coming back of a long hiatus. It got so bad that Beristain in the later rounds was telling Juan to "finish the fight with some dignity". That being said, I'd rather see that fight than see Floyd fight Guerrero. I'm sorry but I hate seeing guys talk their way into title fights. At least Canelo has the star power and marketability to warrant a Mayweather fight. What's next? Keith Thurman is going to get a Mayweather showdown too just cuz he called him out after beating up a nobody? Let's get serious here. Guys like Floyd, Marquez, Cotto and Manny earned the right to fight guys with star power. While I love seeing a challenge, I like the fanfare behind a major fight too. I like the pre-fight stuff. I cant take Guerrero serious. He's no more a threat than Marquez IMO with about 1/16th the clout and resume'. I'll take a JMM Marquez vs Mayweather 2 fight. It'll thwart another Marquez vs Pacquiao fight and possibly force Manny into either fighting Floyd to prove a point or outright retiring.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Dec 24 2012, 02:40 AM

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Dec 24 2012, 07:56 AM
Post #14

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

I think we all saw how slow Marquez was in the ring (footwork, reactions etc.) this would just be Floyd proving a point if this fight happened again, Floyd by UD or late stoppage

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 24 2012, 10:27 AM
Post #15

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 23 2012, 09:02 PM) *

Funny part is, you never saw Marquez once ask for a rematch though lol. This is a guy who was willing to rematch Manny three times to prove a point. But with Floyd its not that serious lmao.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 24 2012, 09:06 PM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 23 2012, 09:38 PM) *
I would pay to see the Juan Marquez fight over Guerrero. Guerrero has no interest at all. He fights worse than Juan Castillo. A dirty fighter who tries to rough up his opponents. if Berto had any skills or sense he would of kept a distance and pot shot Guerrero for 12 rounds but this guy is a schizo and I realize Berto thinks he is Mayweather and Ali (his weak ass rope a dope). The fact is I am asking for the Juan fight. It will rake in money plus it would kill the 5th Pac fight for September so either way it works for me.

Yep. Juan knocking out Manny at a comfortable 144 lbs, will leave people wondering if he can do it to somebody else. You know how people are. This is just another huge payday for Floyd and Juan. Not only that, but this will be a low-risk/high reward fight, and a good look (numbers wise), before a September clash with Canelo.

QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 24 2012, 02:39 AM) *
You take a JMM Marquez vs Mayweather 2 fight. It'll thwart another Marquez vs Pacquiao fight and possibly force Manny into either fighting Floyd to prove a point or outright retiring.

Good point

QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 24 2012, 10:27 AM) *
Funny part is, you never saw Marquez once ask for a rematch though lol. This is a guy who was willing to rematch Manny three times to prove a point. But with Floyd its not that serious lmao.

I found that funny as well, but in all actuality (hope I used that right), Marquez probably thought that he'd never be in another fight above 135 or 140. He was clearly outclassed, but he blamed it more on on the weight than anything.

He'll clearly get picked apart in a rematch, but let's face it, he's HOT right now....why not strike while the iron's hot? That's another big payday for him, and if Manny decides to fight him again, that'll be another payday. He could even fight Bradley...the guy who "beat" Manny. It's all about money and promotion and money.

At Juan's age, the intensity of these fights will be dangerous, but I'm sure his wife wont complain about new home reservations, vacations, and putting the kids through college. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 24 2012, 09:29 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

the rematch may be worse for marquez. he's slowing down and is still a counter puncher. floyd will still sit on that back foot and make him pay all day. if jmm's confidence leads him to believe he can be more aggressive with floyd, that will only play into floyds hands much the same way pacs aggressiveness played into jmm's hands. no need for the rematch and i seriously doubt marquez wants it.

guerrero will give floyd a much tougher fight. mark my words.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 24 2012, 09:37 PM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 24 2012, 09:29 PM) *
if jmm's confidence leads him to believe he can be more aggressive with floyd, that will only play into floyds hands much the same way pacs aggressiveness played into jmm's hands. no need for the rematch and i seriously doubt marquez wants it.

He just knocked out one of the biggest stars in boxing...Im sure he has all types of confidence right now. Hell, I know I would. I doubt if Marquez wants the rematch too, but millions of dollars, usually negates a sane man's thought process. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

He got about $6M for his last fight...I wouldn't doubt if he got about $8M for a Mayweather rematch. In a way, I hate that Floyd picked him the first time, and made him look bad. He was just too small. He was always smaller than Manny, and now that he bulked up, he was able to finish Manny. The average casual fan will gravitate towards a Mayweather rematch, for that reason alone. Weird, but "fans" are the ones who make up for the majority of the PPV purchases.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 24 2012, 10:57 PM
Post #19

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 24 2012, 06:37 PM) *
He just knocked out one of the biggest stars in boxing...Im sure he has all types of confidence right now. Hell, I know I would. I doubt if Marquez wants the rematch too, but millions of dollars, usually negates a sane man's thought process. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

He got about $6M for his last fight...I wouldn't doubt if he got about $8M for a Mayweather rematch. In a way, I hate that Floyd picked him the first time, and made him look bad. He was just too small. He was always smaller than Manny, and now that he bulked up, he was able to finish Manny. The average casual fan will gravitate towards a Mayweather rematch, for that reason alone. Weird, but "fans" are the ones who make up for the majority of the PPV purchases.

Well Floyd wouldn't of picked him Juan didn't call him out. Sometimes you get what you ask for. I respect Juan, he is a accountant and I have lots of respect for accountants (they keep my money right). Not only that but he seems like a real dude, the dude never gave up on his dream of proving to the world that Manny was a fluke and he had what it took to put an end to a hype job! Kudos to Juan. I wouldn't mind seeing this fight, it will get the casual fans involve. Mayweather will get crucified for it but hell I will watch it!

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Dec 24 2012, 11:32 PM
Post #20

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 24 2012, 09:57 PM) *
Well Floyd wouldn't of picked him Juan didn't call him out. Sometimes you get what you ask for. I respect Juan, he is a accountant and I have lots of respect for accountants (they keep my money right). Not only that but he seems like a real dude, the dude never gave up on his dream of proving to the world that Manny was a fluke and he had what it took to put an end to a hype job! Kudos to Juan. I wouldn't mind seeing this fight, it will get the casual fans involve. Mayweather will get crucified for it but hell I will watch it!

Isn't the double standard something when it comes to Floyd? Why is it that Manny can fight JMM 4 times and now everyone is even talking about a possible 5th bout but he takes very little of a lashing from the public? Imagine if Floyd decided it would've been best for him to face Victor Ortiz 2 or 3 more times based on how some people felt about the outcome of their fight.

I never suggested that JMM should seek out a 2nd fight vs Floyd because I don't believe the outcome would be any different from the first but I just thought some may believe that he'd fare better based on his newfound strength and conditioning training and now having time to settle in as a true WW.

The time is now though for JMM to strike and say he wants a 2nd fight if he was ever considering dancing again with FLoyd, however we didn't ever hear of him even entertaining the idea of a rematch because even he himself knows the weight wasn't the major factor in why he lost that fight.

If anyone has cared to notice Juan has been adamant about his prediction of Floyd being able to beat Manny and I'd say that he's in the best place in the world to be able to speak on this having faced both of them.

Juan is a stand up dude, has never backed down from anyone and deserves whatever fight he wants after smashing Manny in dominating fashion, so if he calls out Floyd or Mayweather calls him out then regardless of what I believe the outcome will be you can guarantee that I will order the PPV.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 11:18 AM