IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Now that Kovalev knocked off Cleverly, Can he beat Adonis or BHop??
The Original MrF...
post Aug 21 2013, 11:44 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Aug 21 2013, 06:23 PM) *
So, let me get this straight; because BHop had a little trouble with Dawson (who is far technically superior than Kovalev) and Pascal (who is far faster and is very awkward) this means he is supposed to have all kinds of problems with a fighter who basically has a style like Pavlik's???

I think Kovalev's victory over Campillo was what impressed me with Kovalev. Campillo got hit and was on his bike until he got stopped. Campillo is no slouch. I think Kovalev would stop the Dawson that Hopkins fought. I think he would also stop Pascal. His style creates problems because of his relentlessness and he throws with conviction on damn near every shot. His jabs could be considered power shots. His D aint great, but his offense is very good and his power is great. i think he's much more dangerous than Pavlik was. Bigger, hits harder, relentless and naturally comfortable at the 175. So he hits like a guy at 175 or higher.

Yes, I agree BHop doesn't need a grueling fight but Kovalev isn't fast with neither his footwork nor his punches and he doesn't have the technical abilities of a master boxer and I haven't seen much of a defense in him either so I'm failing to see what he brings other than his youth, punching power and the fact that he'll be coming forward in a straight line (tailormade for Nard).

I dont think he's the neanderthal that you imply that he is. He does have skills. I thought a guy like Campillo would give this guy trouble. He had enough footspeed to walk him down and dominate. Punching power may be enough.

I don't see the fight as an easy fight either and I do see BHop going in a different direction of as right now because he has Murat on the table but Nard knows he's gonna need an opponent with a decent name/someone who is making noise in the division like Kovalev or Stevenson so one way or the other he's going to take on a fighter who is younger and more powerful, and it may as well be Sergey because the one advantage that Stevenson possess over many in the division is that he's a Southpaw but more importantly is that he's a SP with power.

Stevenson's southpaw is not an advantage. Throughout his career, Hopkins has feasted on southpaws. I think he picks Stevenson due to his size. Although Stevenson's KO over Dawson was impressive, but he's not the relentless force that Kovalev is. Hopkins can survive a Stevenson punch with his wits intact. I think he takes that fight in a heartbeat, not to mention, Stevenson beat the man that beat the man.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
emd01
post Aug 22 2013, 08:02 PM
Post #12

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

I think its a toss up in the Stevenson fight with AS having a slight advantage because of his one punch KO power. When it comes to BHop...please (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif) . Bernard "The Grandmaster" Hopkins would destroy Kovalev easily and I hope thats the fight that gets made.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 22 2013, 08:46 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Aug 21 2013, 11:44 PM) *
I think Kovalev's victory over Campillo was what impressed me with Kovalev. Campillo got hit and was on his bike until he got stopped. Campillo is no slouch. I think Kovalev would stop the Dawson that Hopkins fought. I think he would also stop Pascal. His style creates problems because of his relentlessness and he throws with conviction on damn near every shot. His jabs could be considered power shots. His D aint great, but his offense is very good and his power is great. i think he's much more dangerous than Pavlik was. Bigger, hits harder, relentless and naturally comfortable at the 175. So he hits like a guy at 175 or higher.

I dont think he's the neanderthal that you imply that he is. He does have skills. I thought a guy like Campillo would give this guy trouble. He had enough footspeed to walk him down and dominate. Punching power may be enough.

Stevenson's southpaw is not an advantage. Throughout his career, Hopkins has feasted on southpaws. I think he picks Stevenson due to his size. Although Stevenson's KO over Dawson was impressive, but he's not the relentless force that Kovalev is. Hopkins can survive a Stevenson punch with his wits intact. I think he takes that fight in a heartbeat, not to mention, Stevenson beat the man that beat the man.

Hopkins would just add another W to his record if and when he fights Kovalev....if you don't think so put the money up. I be making bets in PayPal with alot of cats online. I got $400 say Bernard bests him

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 23 2013, 12:11 AM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

http://www.boxingscene.com/hopkins-congrat...afe-road--68877

Nothing but truth in everything BHop said

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Aug 23 2013, 09:22 AM
Post #15

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 23 2013, 12:11 AM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/hopkins-congrat...afe-road--68877

Nothing but truth in everything BHop said

Hops is right, they know that Nard will take this kid to school just as he did to Pavlik and I don't care how much power Kovalev has because we all know that power doesn't mean jack if you can't land it. This dude fights very much like Pavlik, comes in a straight line and is easy to hit and I wouldn't even bother comparing what he was able to do to Campillo with what people think he'd be able to do to Hops because Nard's defense is far superior to Campillo's.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Aug 23 2013, 09:27 AM
Post #16

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Aug 21 2013, 11:44 PM) *

You continue to use Campillo as a measuring stick of what you think he did to him that he'd be able to do to Hopkins, speed isn't always the key, angles and great defense of which BHop masters and Campillo doesn't will make the difference. And yes, Kovalev is very much like Pavlik with his come in a straight line style. Power means nothing if you can't land it.

Again, Campillo and power, I already addressed both.

Throughout his career, Hopkins has feasted on southpaws. I think he picks Stevenson due to his size. Although Stevenson's KO over Dawson was impressive, but he's not the relentless force that Kovalev is. Hopkins can survive a Stevenson punch with his wits intact. I think he takes that fight in a heartbeat, not to mention, Stevenson beat the man that beat the man.

I was never trying to imply that Hopkins wouldn't be able to negate Stevenson's SP style, I know his record against SPs, I was simply implying that despite Nard's record SPs are generally a harder style to face than Orthodoxed fighters but I believe because of the SP stance that a fight with Superman would be more difficult than the come in a straight line and limited defense of Kovalev.

All my quotes are in BOLD

This post has been edited by BrutUalBK: Aug 23 2013, 09:28 AM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 23 2013, 10:39 AM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Aug 23 2013, 09:22 AM) *
Hops is right, they know that Nard will take this kid to school just as he did to Pavlik and I don't care how much power Kovalev has because we all know that power doesn't mean jack if you can't land it. This dude fights very much like Pavlik, comes in a straight line and is easy to hit and I wouldn't even bother comparing what he was able to do to Campillo with what people think he'd be able to do to Hops because Nard's defense is far superior to Campillo's.

I like Campillo and he got robbed against Cloud but there's no real comparison between him and Bernard.

Everyone is on this man's train. Just like Matthyse but don't see how their being matched up properly to look the way they do. Now I'm not saying they not good and that Lucas won't beat Danny and that Kovalev cent beat Adonis but it's going to be hard.

Every time a fighter comes a long and knocks people out, they get the biggest hype. It's like the 15 mins of fame. Pavlik went thru it...now we got GGG, Matthysse, and now Kovalev. listening to Hopkins you can tell he's already seen something and studied Kovalev by what he was saying. And like I said he didn't lie. John David Jackson is a good guy and a great trainer and he's been sending shots Hopkins' way but when murat was out initially kovalev was in

Look what happened? They went the other direction. And it's not like the IBF gave him the mandatory and took it a way 3 days later. He and his team had plenty of time to sign that contract and get things done but they didn't do it. Now there are some saying that Hopkins won't take the fight and this and that but ignore the facts which clearly point towards kovalev and his people going the safe route.

Kovalev's style is made for Hopkins. I'm praying they fight so it can add to his legacy. Kovalev does some good things in there but he loads up with every shot and he comes straight forward. He handy been past 8 and Bernard will make him miss and you get tired when you're missing punches...They need to make this fight happen so Bernard can ruin another kids career

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Aug 23 2013, 10:42 AM

+Quote Post
sduck
post Aug 23 2013, 06:56 PM
Post #18

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

lol Hopkins takes him to school

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 08:13 PM