IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 30 Days in May (Floyd Mayweather Documentary), What did yawl Think?
mrchitown
post Apr 4 2013, 03:40 PM
Post #21

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Apr 4 2013, 02:40 AM) *
From a talent standpoint I could see Floyds point. Drake can rap and sing. Even if you dont like his music anybody with ears can see the talent there. Now im 35 so I dont listen to much music that came out after 2003 maybe. Drakes from Toronto so I dont expect him to rap about the same things Pac and Big rapped about.

He's talented but like my College coach told us "Talent don't mean shit if you don't do anything with it"

Aint nobody calling none of his albums classics, he got waxed in a mini battle when he tried to go at Common, it's like the anticipation for his projects are better then the actual finished projects. He comes out with these hot singles then you hear the album and you turn it off in disappointment. He's more popular then he is substance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 4 2013, 03:40 PM
Post #22

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 4 2013, 02:58 PM) *
Some of yall sound like some real huggers though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

No shame in being a fan. I am usually trying to see both standpoints...but either it was the overall mood of the documentary or i don't know what....either way, I was getting positive vibes as long as it lasted. I was always saying there is more to Floyd than money and all that flamboyancy. I am just glad people get to see the possible other side of him. I am saying possible because my university professors taught me to question everything....thanks Obama!

I will never forget your "lazy lay" ! Shit had me laughing. But I agree, Ms. Jackson looks like that kind of a woman (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Still wouldn't mind her warming my pillow though....

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Apr 4 2013, 03:42 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 4 2013, 03:52 PM
Post #23

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 4 2013, 11:32 AM) *
+1
Someone who actually listens to lyrics instead of drinking the hateraid?? You been hiding under a rock? Lol. Drake is very underratted. "The worst decision a person or business can make is having a closed mind"

Explain this to me please. No diss but it's a reason people call his music EMO rap. And as far a lyrics go let me just name actual EMCEES currently who are better then this guy...Big Krit, Joey Badass, Slaughterhouse (Jor Budden, Royce da 5'9, Joell Ortiz, Crooked I) ASAP Rocky and Schoolboy Q spit better then him. 3 stacks only do features and he dumps on Drake on his best day. It's all subjective but I laugh when I hear people say hater or as you said hateraid when assessing someone. His albums have been successful from a commercial standpoint but the fans are all in agreement that his albums leave much to be desired..and those are people who actually purchased the finish product

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 4 2013, 04:14 PM
Post #24

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 4 2013, 04:52 PM) *
Explain this to me please. No diss but it's a reason people call his music EMO rap. And as far a lyrics go let me just name actual EMCEES currently who are better then this guy...Big Krit, Joey Badass, Slaughterhouse (Jor Budden, Royce da 5'9, Joell Ortiz, Crooked I) ASAP Rocky and Schoolboy Q spit better then him. 3 stacks only do features and he dumps on Drake on his best day. It's all subjective but I laugh when I hear people say hater or as you said hateraid when assessing someone. His albums have been successful from a commercial standpoint but the fans are all in agreement that his albums leave much to be desired..and those are people who actually purchased the finish product

Budden all day, he's my favorite Slaughter house goes in. I only heard Joey Badass bust on Lil B and glad he did. I fuck with everyone else too except ASAP Rocky. Put them both on the same song and Drake's verse will be better (.

Drake's commercial shit is targeted more towards the females, I didn't get his album because i felt like that but its the best way to sell music commercially, he's smart and he knows that. Just be a ladies man, and it worked. my top 5 would be Joe budden, J cole, Wale, Los, and Drake. of the current people. Even though he is popular and bitches love him, he still be rapping like he a regular dude going through life. People just have him up too high on a pedestal, he is nice with the pen and he stays in his lane with rapping about his own life and not faking it and saying crazy ish.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 4 2013, 04:43 PM
Post #25

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 4 2013, 04:14 PM) *
Budden all day, he's my favorite Slaughter house goes in. I only heard Joey Badass bust on Lil B and glad he did. I fuck with everyone else too except ASAP Rocky. Put them both on the same song and Drake's verse will be better (.

Drake's commercial shit is targeted more towards the females, I didn't get his album because i felt like that but its the best way to sell music commercially, he's smart and he knows that. Just be a ladies man, and it worked. my top 5 would be Joe budden, J cole, Wale, Los, and Drake. of the current people. Even though he is popular and bitches love him, he still be rapping like he a regular dude going through life. People just have him up too high on a pedestal, he is nice with the pen and he stays in his lane with rapping about his own life and not faking it and saying crazy ish.

I don't know how I forgot them, I'm a huge J Cole fan. I like that he don't spit about the same stuff that these so called artists tend to do nowadays. Drake's mixtapes are far superior to his albums but he hasn't put out a great one in a minute. I remember when Drake was unsigned, his mixtapes and songs were the stuff of legend, once he signed with them fake gang members I think his product value went down on all levels and the same things that go for Nicki, people clown her now but as a fan of actual hip hop, I listen to everything and she used to be a better rapper then she is now. It be like that though, once the money come, they change up

Oh and he definitely don't want it with Pusha (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) He done proved that already

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Apr 4 2013, 04:45 PM

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 4 2013, 04:55 PM
Post #26

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

It was alright. Just the things you'd expect from what you know previously, the same ol same ol.

I used to listen to Tupac regularly and Ice-T said it right. Yes he was a good rapper and an icon to the rap/hip hop and music industry, but the problem with Tupac is that he'd speak about the bad things of the game and how we need to change, but he'd still go out and do the bad things, living the "thug life". Basically a hypocrite. Biggie was not much better either, it's no secret to why they both got shot up. As for Drake, I think people just don't like Drake's style. He comes off more feminine and not hardcore, even though he sometimes attempts to act like he's about something hard. I think Drake is one of the better rappers out today. I don't get the hype about some other rappers, I haven't listened to much of the rappers out today, but I heard people like Lil B, dude is straight up garbage in every way. A$AP Rocky, I don't get him either, from the few songs I've heard of his, dude was pretty generic, "I got bitches and fly cars", you know the same rap rhetoric that's been plastered in this generation. Kendrick Lamar is okay, I think people overrate him because there's not many very good rappers out now.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Apr 4 2013, 05:03 PM
Post #27

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 4 2013, 01:40 PM) *
He's talented but like my College coach told us "Talent don't mean shit if you don't do anything with it"

Aint nobody calling none of his albums classics, he got waxed in a mini battle when he tried to go at Common, it's like the anticipation for his projects are better then the actual finished projects. He comes out with these hot singles then you hear the album and you turn it off in disappointment. He's more popular then he is substance

Hes marketable and his music sells. Now if you have a problem with that then thats your problem. You cant knock someone for supporting somebody just because you dont like that person their supporting. If you have a problem with Drake then thats your problem not Floyds. I dont see tens of thousands of people going to see Common. He had his time already.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 4 2013, 05:12 PM
Post #28

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Apr 4 2013, 05:03 PM) *
Hes marketable and his music sells. Now if you have a problem with that then thats your problem. You cant knock someone for supporting somebody just because you dont like that person their supporting. If you have a problem with Drake then thats your problem not Floyds. I dont see tens of thousands of people going to see Common. He had his time already.

WTF are you talking about bruh lol. Because I have an opinion on the guy I have a problem. STFU! I say what I want and it's how I feel you support who you want to support and I'll do the same. Looking at the overall body of work, Common is head and shoulders above him. Com's an ATG, and that's not just from me but from fans and his peers

The internet got idiots like you screwed up in the head. When I was coming up if you didn't like something you just didn't like it now it's if you don't like this you a hater and you have a problem. If you like something you a nuthugger if you don't you a hater. Do you see the point in that backwards ass logic

I never said I didn't like him but it's an observation I have that he's not as great as people make him out to be. I got Drake singles like started from the bottom on my Ipod. Why the fuck would I do that if I didn't like his music. I take issue with hos overall product value and that's my right. Get out of your homotions cuz. If you have a problem with me and what I'm saying and expressing my opinion then that's your problem

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 4 2013, 05:49 PM
Post #29

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 4 2013, 05:55 PM) *
It was alright. Just the things you'd expect from what you know previously, the same ol same ol.

I used to listen to Tupac regularly and Ice-T said it right. Yes he was a good rapper and an icon to the rap/hip hop and music industry, but the problem with Tupac is that he'd speak about the bad things of the game and how we need to change, but he'd still go out and do the bad things, living the "thug life". Basically a hypocrite. Biggie was not much better either, it's no secret to why they both got shot up. As for Drake, I think people just don't like Drake's style. He comes off more feminine and not hardcore, even though he sometimes attempts to act like he's about something hard. I think Drake is one of the better rappers out today. I don't get the hype about some other rappers, I haven't listened to much of the rappers out today, but I heard people like Lil B, dude is straight up garbage in every way. A$AP Rocky, I don't get him either, from the few songs I've heard of his, dude was pretty generic, "I got bitches and fly cars", you know the same rap rhetoric that's been plastered in this generation. Kendrick Lamar is okay, I think people overrate him because there's not many very good rappers out now.

Couldn't have it better myself about Lil'B, Asap and Kendrick. even drizzy just think he's better than alot of rappers out today

People always say how the hip hop game is crazy, and you can just see how it affects them. Tupac only got into real violent shit when he was in the game and after he got a record deal, but that's because with all his fans he got a few haters too, people that want to see him down so talk shit or even rob him, as a man all he did was defend himself. Its not like he was out robbing innocent people and just doing random drive-bys and talking shit to kids to do drugs or whatever, he talked about the things he has seen and gone through, analyzer of the world and society, realized the world should be a better place and was trying to put in work and give back. Tupac was more than just an rapper. There aren't built like that anymore

This post has been edited by Jovi: Apr 4 2013, 05:50 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 4 2013, 06:27 PM
Post #30

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 4 2013, 01:35 PM) *
Yeah, aint nothing in Drake's DNA that spells greatness. He's avg in both rapping and singing, he gets over on his affiliations. Jackie Long is a pretty good actor, he was in ATL with TI and Lauren London and he was in this movie called love for sale with Mya. But once Mayweather put him down with the Money Team, he just seems to be content with being an entourage member

As far as Floyd's lady, IDK what to make of it but it was kind of revealing how Floyd broke down his take on relationships and her stance on disrepsect/respect was revealing too. We'll never truly know the dynamics involved in their relationship. She's a bird but she made a lot of remarks that I agree with. If I don't see her at the fight or on the all access then I guess it's safe to say she's out. But Floyd's ex alluded in a recent interview that they're still together and that he cheats on her

She's better then the alternative because his baby mama, Melissa Harris is a trouble maker. I think he needs to stay the hell away from her. That's what I do with my bm, she know not to come around me at our daughter's school functions or it'll be trouble. I don't have the baby mama drama but that's because I cut that shit off, I used to though but sooner or later you either end up in a situation you can't get out of or one of the two has to be the mature person. His 1st baby moms is cool supposedly and I hear he's closer to her then all of them. He always looks out for her, at least that's what I hear. She was in the doc actually. Now that's a chick you wife, she aint never tried to grab the spotlight like Meliissa and Miss Jackson

I saw his daughter's mother in the doc and she seemed really cool. He was actually more warm towards her than he was with Ms. Jackson. I know that when he was going away to prison she didn't hug him or even say I love you. I don't know what his loyalty is towards her but is is there. I don't see affection in their relationship. That is a working relationship at best. I think Floyd is in love what the status of what she brings, shit I doubt if they even have sex. You finger if he flies to Atlanta to get some affection from some groupie chicks but not his own lady? I mean at least the groupie chick rubbed his head, It was just weird. I don't have BM drama, we have an understanding. We are parents first and the rest comes last. We have family days and all that BS but I know my son enjoys it so that is what counts,

I loved how they showed his kids. Like we don't get to say that. And the fact that they told him they loved him after the Drake concert was funny. Which made the jail sentence even worse because supposedly his son was the one who got Floyd off his mom and called 911. Go figure. I enjoyed the documentary I which he was a little more careful with his money. I am guessing he has a lot of men around him because of his daddy issues. He needs that validation from another dude since he has yet to get it from his dad. The dude works hard. before he went to jail he got a good work out. I don't see that dedication from a lot of boxers. Guerrero better tighten his game up. It was good seeing Hasim Rahman! I hope Gamboa gets back into the Mayweather gym, I do not think 50 is handling his career correctly. May 4th needs to hurry up and get here! And yes Cshels we are hugging but shit I am fan and I ain't ashamed of that.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 07:27 AM