IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> should hbo just reel in jim lampley, or get rid of him altogether?
Franchize
post Jul 16 2013, 03:09 PM
Post #141

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

When are the going to change the title of the Fight Game to We Hate Floyd TV?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 16 2013, 05:38 PM
Post #142

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 16 2013, 03:09 PM) *
When are the going to change the title of the Fight Game to We Hate Floyd TV?

other names to consider:

fight spin...

wdksab...

the fight game...a homotional diatribe by jim "bang, bang, bang!" lampley

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 6 2013, 11:22 PM
Post #143

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I found this interesting article today,

By an overwhelming majority consensus, most of our community believes that there are too many boxing commentators who talk too much. Especially Lamply and my personal groans against Teddy Atlas-not just for his arrogance and "thinks he knows everything agendas." Just let the fighters fight and STFO. Some have suggested should there be an option to Mute commentary in boxing, where all you hear would be crowd noise. Well in December of 1980, NBC tried this with a football game and NO commentators, because the CEO at the time thought they "Talked too much."

I wonder what they would think if they heard Lamply or Atlas today. where talk too much takes on a new meaning. Here is the article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=5906858

You wonder how well or not well this would work for boxing?

Jack

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 7 2013, 08:44 AM
Post #144

Junior Middleweight

Jim Lampley single-handedly annihilated any Terrence Crawford buzz amog casual fans. Granted, the fight wasn't exciting nor impressive, but there are ways a journalist can embellish and otherwise lack luster situation. Kellerman and RJ Jr tried their best to do so. Harold Letterman even hyped up Crawford's jab output. Jim Lampley, who is solely there for his theatrical sound effects and certainly not for his boxing knowledge, obliterated the telecast. He kicked the entire night while it was down lol Time for him and his 3D glasses to go gentle into that good night.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 7 2013, 11:25 AM
Post #145

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

This thread is a lifer! It never dies....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 7 2013, 01:53 PM
Post #146

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 7 2013, 12:25 PM) *
This thread is a lifer! It never dies....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Much like Larry Merchant lmao

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 7 2013, 02:11 PM
Post #147

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 7 2013, 02:53 PM) *
Much like Larry Merchant lmao

Larry had ringside seats to David vs Goliath...I'm convinced. That dude is ancient.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Oct 7 2013, 04:17 PM
Post #148

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 7 2013, 12:22 AM) *
I found this interesting article today,

By an overwhelming majority consensus, most of our community believes that there are too many boxing commentators who talk too much. Especially Lamply and my personal groans against Teddy Atlas-not just for his arrogance and "thinks he knows everything agendas." Just let the fighters fight and STFO. Some have suggested should there be an option to Mute commentary in boxing, where all you hear would be crowd noise. Well in December of 1980, NBC tried this with a football game and NO commentators, because the CEO at the time thought they "Talked too much."

I wonder what they would think if they heard Lamply or Atlas today. where talk too much takes on a new meaning. Here is the article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=5906858

You wonder how well or not well this would work for boxing?

Jack

Nope, won't work, mainly b/c fans (even those who say they know the most about boxing) need someone to tell them what they're seeing. No one will admit that, but that's the truth......as far as I see it.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 7 2013, 06:35 PM
Post #149

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 7 2013, 04:17 PM) *
Nope, won't work, mainly b/c fans (even those who say they know the most about boxing) need someone to tell them what they're seeing. No one will admit that, but that's the truth......as far as I see it.

I disagree. Have u been to a live fight? What would be better than having that experience in the comfort of your living room??? I've been a huge advocate of HBO giving us the option of shutting Jim up or teaching him to mime during telecasts. The guy is horrible for boxing IMO. Nothing he says or does is good. Kellerman is becoming merchant. It's all gone horribly wrong.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Oct 8 2013, 08:09 PM
Post #150

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 7 2013, 07:35 PM) *
I disagree. Have u been to a live fight? What would be better than having that experience in the comfort of your living room??? I've been a huge advocate of HBO giving us the option of shutting Jim up or teaching him to mime during telecasts. The guy is horrible for boxing IMO. Nothing he says or does is good. Kellerman is becoming merchant. It's all gone horribly wrong.

I didn't say it wasn't a good idea, I just said it wouldn't work for the masses (mainly b/c we're too lazy to interpret our own opinions). I, for one, routinely turn off sound (unless it's Roy commentating, b/c he's funny w/ his plain text or down home talk. Not enough REAL fight fans to push HBO to steer toward that....especially, if it means getting rid of LAMEly.

Btw, yes, I've been to a few live fights and I admit, it's "electric" in comparison.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 02:47 PM