IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pavlik vs. Bute, With the Andre Ward fight being called off, why not fight Lucian Bute?
Gambit808
post Dec 27 2012, 01:51 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

Both men are at a certain cross road in their careers (IMO) where a fight like this could make or break em. This fight couldn't happen at a better time for either man to boost there market up for future bouts. It makes sense for both, would u agree?

If Made, who u got?

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Dec 27 2012, 01:53 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Dec 27 2012, 03:00 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

I like Pavlik in that fight. Bute doesn't have anything that would impress me.

Seeing Kelly get up from that KD in his first fight with Taylor has made me believe there is more to him than one would expect. Too bad he has such terrible corner.

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Dec 27 2012, 03:00 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 27 2012, 03:54 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

cancel froch/kessler and make froch/pavlik and kessler/bute...winners face each other for a shot at ward.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Dec 27 2012, 08:11 PM
Post #4

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

pavlik v bute makes good sense...i think Bute would be a challenge for Pavlik and vice versa.

Pavlik would be a pinata against Ward

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 27 2012, 09:15 PM
Post #5

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 27 2012, 03:54 PM) *
cancel froch/kessler and make froch/pavlik and kessler/bute...winners face each other for a shot at ward.

Or the winner of Pavlik-Bute (if made) gets winner of Froch-Kessler II to get Ward at the end of it all... Either way these fights are toss ups IMO...

Ya know, like Sergio Martinez, it's gonna be interesting to see what or if the surgery on Ward takes anything away in the long hall. Martinez didn't need surgery but he's had multiple injuries with that same leg and at his age things tend to heal slower. And with Ward starting to get injured a lot (though he's a decade younger than Sergio) could have some long term effects if he doesn't take it easy during training.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 27 2012, 09:18 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (wolterb @ Dec 27 2012, 08:11 PM) *
pavlik v bute makes good sense...i think Bute would be a challenge for Pavlik and vice versa.

Pavlik would be a pinata against Ward

At this point, yes I agree. Ward is known not just for his ability but his tactics that resemble B-Hop, and we all know how that fight went for Pavlik.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 28 2012, 07:25 AM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I would go with Bute. He looked like utter garbage vs Froch. Froch took his heart and will but I don't think Pavlik is going to relentlessly hunt him like Carl did. Froch was on a mission. It seemed personal. Pavlik, post-booze, seems very laid back. I think Bute is going to cautiously box him into a boring 12 round decision in a fight that seems way better on paper than it will be in real life.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Dec 28 2012, 10:20 AM
Post #8

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 27 2012, 12:51 PM) *
Both men are at a certain cross road in their careers (IMO) where a fight like this could make or break em. This fight couldn't happen at a better time for either man to boost there market up for future bouts. It makes sense for both, would u agree?

If Made, who u got?

I think this latter version of KP is better than the initial version, KP has been really learning his craft as of late, he isn't being as one-dimensional as he was before and we all know that Bute is a sucker for a straight right (Kelly's got many of those bombs to fire at him). The only thing that troubles me in this fight is the speed of Bute, if KP can keep Bute going backwards and cut off the ring circling away from that left hand then this could be an easy night for Pavlik.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 01:04 PM