IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How do you definitively BEAT bernard Hopkins?
Kratza
post Mar 11 2013, 05:11 PM
Post #11

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,360

A defensively sound and accurate BOXER can beat BHop
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sduck
post Mar 11 2013, 05:52 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

lol what daprofessor named... and prime Roy Jones did beat a prime Hopkins, 116-112 on all scorecards. That's close enough? Dawson also beat Hopkins 117-111 on two scorecards... Unless you're counting personal non-judge scorecards...?

Or wait, you're talking a flat-out beating? That's not going to happen...

This post has been edited by sduck: Mar 11 2013, 05:54 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 11 2013, 05:56 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (sduck @ Mar 11 2013, 05:52 PM) *
lol what daprofessor named... and prime Roy Jones did beat a prime Hopkins, 116-112 on all scorecards. That's close enough? Dawson also beat Hopkins 117-111 on two scorecards... Unless you're counting personal non-judge scorecards...?

This.

And Roy was fighting with one hand. But it were talkin about a dude who could hardly lose a round back then

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 11 2013, 06:53 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 11 2013, 09:48 PM) *
actually...froch may have his way with bhop. he dealt with ward and dirrell...both who are younger and may be stronger than bhop at this point. bhop moves less than dirrell...and he switches gears far less than ward at this point. i'd favor froch in that match up.

I'd be curious to see that match up, Froch would want it too, to prove that he could do a better job than Calzaghe

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 11 2013, 06:58 PM
Post #15

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 10 2013, 11:52 PM) *
We've never seen Bernard Hopkins definitively beaten. Chad Dawson and maybe Calzaghe gave him his worst beatings in recent years. Both of those losses werent beatings by any stretch. They were both close and competitive fights. How do you beat Hopkins 117 - 111 or wider? Or better yet, how would someone go in and STOP hopkins. I know a lot of fighters and trainers peruse the board, gimme some of your expert opinion and insight.

You have to flat out KO him because you're not going to beat him decisively by trying to outbox him.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 11 2013, 07:34 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

The common answer is work rate but I can't really agree on that because Calzaghe had the best work rate of any fighter Hopkins ever saw and I think he beat Calzaghe. I think a fighter with Chad's physical gifts and more mental focus could be it but then again, Hopkins is Hopkins. I don't think he'll ever be BEATEN like some think

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 11 2013, 08:52 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

You get a boxer who is 50 or try to convince George Foreman to come back.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 11 2013, 08:54 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 11 2013, 08:34 PM) *
The common answer is work rate but I can't really agree on that because Calzaghe had the best work rate of any fighter Hopkins ever saw and I think he beat Calzaghe. I think a fighter with Chad's physical gifts and more mental focus could be it but then again, Hopkins is Hopkins. I don't think he'll ever be BEATEN like some think

pascal and cloud both had the physical gifts to give bhop a beating...they just didn't have the ring intelligence. pascal had him hurt...and even dropped...then he allowed bhop to run the okie doke and he stopped coming. if he would have kept that up, we might not be talking about this today. it goes without saying that bhop is a psychological master when it comes to boxing.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 11 2013, 10:18 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 11 2013, 07:54 PM) *
pascal and cloud both had the physical gifts to give bhop a beating...they just didn't have the ring intelligence. pascal had him hurt...and even dropped...then he allowed bhop to run the okie doke and he stopped coming. if he would have kept that up, we might not be talking about this today. it goes without saying that bhop is a psychological master when it comes to boxing.

Pacal had him hurt worse in the second fight and couldn't capitalize off if it. The 1st KD in their first fight I don't think he was hurt. That was a flash KD, but the one after that he was hurt but it's not so much of a matter of what they didn't do as opposed to what he did, he's intelligent and he switched his game up and IMO won the fight. All the fighters he faces mostly these days has the physical advantage but his IQ and defensive prowess is 2nd to none

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 12 2013, 06:09 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 11 2013, 11:18 PM) *
Pacal had him hurt worse in the second fight and couldn't capitalize off if it. The 1st KD in their first fight I don't think he was hurt. That was a flash KD, but the one after that he was hurt but it's not so much of a matter of what they didn't do as opposed to what he did, he's intelligent and he switched his game up and IMO won the fight. All the fighters he faces mostly these days has the physical advantage but his IQ and defensive prowess is 2nd to none

exactly.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 02:15 PM