IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WHY DOESN'T AMERICA CELEBRATE HOPKINS?, Before the doping Armstrong was heraleded!!
mrchitown
post Mar 15 2013, 02:33 PM
Post #51

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 14 2013, 07:07 PM) *
Hopkins obviously, I mean he beat Cloud to win the IBF title, but realistically Cloud was the weakest of LHW champions.

You telling me that Cleverly and those other unknowns are better then Cloud? I disagree, you passing the mans victories off as cheap. Name one of the champs at 175 he can't beat outside of Dawson.

And you can't judge his competition in his division. You might as well sell Ward short or Martinez short because it aint a lot of competition in their division either
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 15 2013, 07:46 PM
Post #52

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 15 2013, 07:33 PM) *
You telling me that Cleverly and those other unknowns are better then Cloud? I disagree, you passing the mans victories off as cheap. Name one of the champs at 175 he can't beat outside of Dawson.

And you can't judge his competition in his division. You might as well sell Ward short or Martinez short because it aint a lot of competition in their division either

Fair enough, I forgot about Cleverly because I don't really regard him as champ oh well. But no Ward beat all the top dogs in his division, and Martinez needs to unify.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 15 2013, 08:20 PM
Post #53

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 15 2013, 06:46 PM) *
Fair enough, I forgot about Cleverly because I don't really regard him as champ oh well. But no Ward beat all the top dogs in his division, and Martinez needs to unify.

I like Cleverly but I want to see him in with better comp. You right, Dawson is the best light-heavy and he got handled by Ward, I don't care for the weight issue. I hope they eventually rematch at 175 some day

I wonder if Sergio would fight GGG, now that would be a fight!

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Mar 15 2013, 08:20 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 16 2013, 01:40 PM
Post #54

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 16 2013, 01:20 AM) *
I like Cleverly but I want to see him in with better comp. You right, Dawson is the best light-heavy and he got handled by Ward, I don't care for the weight issue. I hope they eventually rematch at 175 some day

I wonder if Sergio would fight GGG, now that would be a fight!

I want GGG to be a big enough name for Martinez so it'll happen

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 17 2013, 04:42 PM
Post #55

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 16 2013, 12:40 PM) *
I want GGG to be a big enough name for Martinez so it'll happen

I wouldn't be surprised if GGG beat Martinez

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 18 2013, 06:56 AM
Post #56

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 17 2013, 04:42 PM) *
I wouldn't be surprised if GGG beat Martinez

Me neither!!

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Mar 18 2013, 09:38 PM
Post #57

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 11 2013, 08:51 PM) *
Explain to me why this doesn't make sense?

They love: Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan (he didn't stand for shit), RGIII (because he doesn't think race is a problem and he is happy on the plantation), Shane Mosley ( He is the good negro), Tiger Woods (he is canibi some bullshit, has no identity to black culture so they love that).

They hate the Williams sister because they do not apologize for who they are or where they come from. They hate and do mean hate Floyd because he is a Loud mouth can back up his skills and when he speaks about race problems he is dead on. I do not agree with everything Floyd says but I can tell you has spoken the truth. I do not know your nationality but you can not tell a black person what is racist and what is not. I lived this life for two decades and a half and I can tell you the shit is real. By the way, they hated LeBrone because he did not fall into their trap. When he left Cleveland you thought he escaped from the plantation (which he did) and they will never forgive him for that, now they have no choice but to respect him because he is backing up his skills.

dude has a white girlfriend living in chocolate city.....yikes

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Mar 18 2013, 09:40 PM
Post #58

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 11 2013, 10:15 PM) *
When he caught the rape charge is when sh*t hit the fan, wen he did that mess to Givens I don't recall too many up in arms about it. After all, look how she embarrassed him on national television....And you can't exclude him for that. If that's the case then many black athletes should be excluded. He was a part of the same things many of these athletes were in regards to the way he was perceived and the way he was eventually treated

Part of the reason he got the backlash from those 2 situations is that he kept winning. It's funny how the people build you up but over time they want to see you fail.....and then they'll shower you with endless affection. Tyson is a perfect example of this. So is Vick. These idiots care more about dogs then getting guns off the streets and implementing programs for the community.

and dude was getting threats when he was trying to go on tour.......smh

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 18 2013, 10:11 PM
Post #59

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Mar 18 2013, 08:40 PM) *
and dude was getting threats when he was trying to go on tour.......smh

I heard about that, I don't know the guy personally but people need to move past these issues. I don't think it's so much the dog fighting, I think they have a real issue with him. The reasons for that are open to interpretation

+Quote Post
sduck
post Mar 19 2013, 01:50 AM
Post #60

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I think what MG is saying makes sense. You can definitely credit Hopkins for his victories, at that age and to beat young champions, but they still weren't the BEST of fighters, so you shouldn't over credit it. I also think someone mentioned Ward...only thing I dislike about Ward's accomplishments is how highly people praise his victory over Dawson. Though it is Dawson's own fault, but you still can't give Ward that kind of praise for the win, because Dawson wasn't the same fighter he normally was. Dude dropped 7lbs for the fight, and was bout dead in the ring. Wasn't a fair fight at all. People easily like to discredit certain fighters, but contradict themselves when they don't do the same for others.

More on the race issue, black celebrities aren't necessarily a victim of race, but are a victim of being successful and their own characters. People (typically haters) get off to seeing success fail, no matter what race or culture they are from. Not saying that is literally being stated in the discussion, I just want to make it clear...

This post has been edited by sduck: Mar 19 2013, 01:55 AM

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 07:02 AM