> Mayweather /Guerrero face to face
daprofessor
post Mar 7 2013, 05:28 PM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Mar 7 2013, 05:43 PM) *
It's not that everyone is dick riding FMJ from my POV. Over the last 18 months whether on twitter, interviews, or victory speeches, Robert "The Ghost" Guerro has not only actively called FMJ out he's even gone as far as to talk shit. I honestly don't have an issue with that because as far as I am concerned that is just a part of boxing and is totally acceptable. But what I find unacceptable is how quiet he became once in front of the man he has been aggressively requesting for damn near 2 years! He said NOTHING and even looked a quite uncomfortable. i do believe it may be easier for him to just fight than talk and he looked liked thats what he'd rather have been doing. But the mental part of the battle is just as important in this TYpe of atmosphere. I personally feel he has earned the right to fight Mayweather and do not believe this fight will be a walk in the park for FMJ AT ALL. But you can't classify everyone (though you are right about a vast majoriTY) when we all see that "The Ghost" is acting more like Casper now...He reminded of the ghost in the castle in Super Mario Bros that don't do shit once you look at em. If he is intimidated AT ALL he's already lost. Just my thoughts.

i'm not seeing the intimidation. as for his talk on twitter...i don't go on twitter so i've missed it. all i heard him do is ask for the floyd fight. he wanted it...he's got it. as for him not saying "NOTHING"...i heard him say quite a bit. he didn't get all animated and try to mean mug the way floyd did. he stood his ground and talked shit in a low key fashion. floyd asked him how he wanted it...he replied, "toe to toe." like i said in a previous post...it's been my experience that the baddest cats don't really talk much. i didn't see the intimidation you're all speaking about. his interview after the fact sounded more like an answer to question than him just all of a sudden wanting to talk because floyd wasn't there. he said he wasn't heated...and that if he was, he's the type to throw. i can relate to that because i'm the same. u can talk all the shit u want....i'm not gonna say much in return, but once it's on....it's on.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sduck
post Mar 7 2013, 05:41 PM
Post #22

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I don't know what people looking at...I'm looking at the business aspect. This the kind of thing most people wanna see, if you a real FIGHT (hence I said fight, not boxing) fan. They talkin' shit, giving you what's good to come. I don't think we've seen this kind of hostility in a big PPV fight in awhile...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 7 2013, 05:44 PM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 7 2013, 05:28 PM) *
i'm not seeing the intimidation. as for his talk on twitter...i don't go on twitter so i've missed it. all i heard him do is ask for the floyd fight. he wanted it...he's got it. as for him not saying "NOTHING"...i heard him say quite a bit. he didn't get all animated and try to mean mug the way floyd did. he stood his ground and talked shit in a low key fashion. floyd asked him how he wanted it...he replied, "toe to toe." like i said in a previous post...it's been my experience that the baddest cats don't really talk much. i didn't see the intimidation you're all speaking about. his interview after the fact sounded more like an answer to question than him just all of a sudden wanting to talk because floyd wasn't there. he said he wasn't heated...and that if he was, he's the type to throw. i can relate to that because i'm the same. u can talk all the shit u want....i'm not gonna say much in return, but once it's on....it's on.

I can't feel you on this professor. He looked intimidated, he was quiet studdering, looking for words. And we all know Robert is more of the type to talk! Lol, why all the sudden is he so quiet? When he was in front of broner he had no problem talking shit and dogging. Maybe he feels like if he says anything Floyd will make him look stupid

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Mar 7 2013, 06:49 PM
Post #24

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 7 2013, 05:28 PM) *

I'd understand your point if Guerrero was the quiet type like Cotto that never talked at all or something- silent but deadly. You're making it seem as though Guerrero's just been calling Floyd out without saying anything disrespectful. But Guerrero's been talking shit through twitter, videos, every outlet and platform. Guerrero is definitely intimidated. When Guerrero and Berto faced off on several occasions it was verbal assult on his behalf. When he came face to face with Broner he claimed Broner was a pussy for walking away from verbal combat. Yet all of the sudden when he's face to face with the guy he's been wanting to fight for nearly 2 years he becomes the "i dont pop shit i show shit" type? Now all of the sudden he's better than that? He shows he doesn't tell now huh? Nah.. that front isn't going to work on me.. Floyd has him out of character

This post has been edited by Marcus: Mar 7 2013, 06:54 PM

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Mar 7 2013, 06:52 PM
Post #25

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (sduck @ Mar 7 2013, 05:41 PM) *
I don't know what people looking at...I'm looking at the business aspect. This the kind of thing most people wanna see, if you a real FIGHT (hence I said fight, not boxing) fan. They talkin' shit, giving you what's good to come. I don't think we've seen this kind of hostility in a big PPV fight in awhile...

Although we did/are getting our moneys worth of entertainment with Garcia-Khan/Garcia-Judah

"janet jackson hat" lmao

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 7 2013, 07:20 PM
Post #26

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

If you go on twitter and mention God and how this that and the third, then you send tweets to your opponent saying how your going to do this and that. He's even sent tweets disrespecting Mayweather's staff. Then when you see this man, you offer little in the way of response. I said he's shook and it looked that way to me and many others. He made minimal I contact and according to someone who was there Floyd immediately berated him and so did Broner, and the one he chose to respond to was Broner. Fuck all that Flomo shit, he talked trash and started acting pussy. Like he bleed out his private parts once a month.

I think he's not a big talker really and only said the things he did to land the fight, now that it's here he's preparing for war. But that doesn't excuse the fact that he offered little response, he chose to talk sh*t to Broner instead of who he really should've aimed it at, and he didn't make much eye contact. Towards the end I can tell he was getting agitated by the BS and he looked like he was ready for whatever

And as far as the toughest people being the ones who are the fighters aint always accurate. I've seen plenty of people who talk that sh*t and whoop your ass to back it up. Guerrero is a likeable guy, no doubt, but you can't talk G shit and then decide you want to be a school boy

And since when did having an opinion on someone mean your dickriding? I'm not gay, I'm not on no man's dick. The internet done fucked the game up, people are penalized for having an opinion. Jay Z said it best, people ask you to keep it real then when you do it they say you hatin. What part of the game is that

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 7 2013, 07:34 PM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Maybe he wants Mayweather riled up, and that's how Mayweather seemed, you heard Guerrero, the minute May weather said toe to toe he'd got his wish. I would say a more aggressive May weather is a lot harder to beat than one that sits back and counters. He should of just laughed in Mayweathers face or even refused to acknowledged him since Mayweather likes to demand his respect

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 7 2013, 07:40 PM
Post #28

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 7 2013, 10:54 AM) *
I believe that was his PR talking all of that nonsense and calling everybody's grandma's boyfriend's baby mama's cousin out. Hell, I remember his PR used to call the damn FH radio show every other week and brag and argue about how good Robert was, while he all died slow deaths on the phone line.

As of late, since he got back in the ring, he's simply been calling Floyd out, I dont remember him doing much trash talk in front of the camera. As you mentioned, he did look agitated and appeared to wanna throw a punch if things got a bit more heated.

I wasn't feeling his post-photoshoot comments, but it DID look like he was preparing himself for something while Floyd dogged him out. I dont know about Robert, I think he's just another guy who's truly ready to just get in the ring and throw down.

Victor Ortiz was the same way, so the added attention, pressers, interviews and such, may have been a bit tiring and got to him as the fight drew closer. If you dont have the gift of gab, like Ortiz and Guerrero, then you'll grow tired of trash talking and answering questions.

That was total mindfuck on Floyd's behalf...talking relentless shit to a guy during a photoshoot/commercial taping. Out of all places to talk shit, I think Guerrero pretty much ruled out the photoshoot...hell, I did. Lol.

During staredowns, guys share very little trash talk because Im sure that there's only so much talking that you can do when you're millimeters away from a guy. At that point, dudes are usually ready to swing...but not those dudes who are expecting their biggest payday yet, and doesn't wanna ruin it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) What a situation

If he did not talk big boy shit for a least a two to three weeks now then I would agree. He went on the man's twitter page and said he would make him a permanent corner man. Then he talked about how he was going to humble him. Then this dude called him a woman beater. That is Paul Bunyan talking shit! You don't go soft when the moment of truth is in your face. He stuttered and his fat ass daddy was quiet as well.

QUOTE (Marcus @ Mar 7 2013, 01:01 PM) *
Lmao "tell me how you want it!"
Those 60 days in prison was to much!
After all that shit Guerrero was talking i expected him to be going at Mayweather worse than Hatton. This nigga ain't bout that life. By watching that stare down i can already tell how this fight will go.

Wanna bes want to be and not do. This guy just showed that he is all talk. All talk.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 7 2013, 05:20 PM) *
If you go on twitter and mention God and how this that and the third, then you send tweets to your opponent saying how your going to do this and that. He's even sent tweets disrespecting Mayweather's staff. Then when you see this man, you offer little in the way of response. I said he's shook and it looked that way to me and many others. He made minimal I contact and according to someone who was there Floyd immediately berated him and so did Broner, and the one he chose to respond to was Broner. Fuck all that Flomo shit, he talked trash and started acting pussy. Like he bleed out his private parts once a month.

I think he's not a big talker really and only said the things he did to land the fight, now that it's here he's preparing for war. But that doesn't excuse the fact that he offered little response, he chose to talk sh*t to Broner instead of who he really should've aimed it at, and he didn't make much eye contact. Towards the end I can tell he was getting agitated by the BS and he looked like he was ready for whatever

And as far as the toughest people being the ones who are the fighters aint always accurate. I've seen plenty of people who talk that sh*t and whoop your ass to back it up. Guerrero is a likeable guy, no doubt, but you can't talk G shit and then decide you want to be a school boy

And since when did having an opinion on someone mean your dickriding? I'm not gay, I'm not on no man's dick. The internet done fucked the game up, people are penalized for having an opinion. Jay Z said it best, people ask you to keep it real then when you do it they say you hatin. What part of the game is that

+1

Professor rarely disagree with you but Robert was shook and somewhat thrown out of his element. You can't be talking shit one second and then have a closed mouth the next. Then when Floyd left he had a response! That is some ho shit. Broner was even talking shit to him at the photo shoot and didn't say squat! Dude is a video game San Andres gangsta!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 7 2013, 08:03 PM
Post #29

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 7 2013, 06:44 PM) *
I can't feel you on this professor. He looked intimidated, he was quiet studdering, looking for words. And we all know Robert is more of the type to talk! Lol, why all the sudden is he so quiet? When he was in front of broner he had no problem talking shit and dogging. Maybe he feels like if he says anything Floyd will make him look stupid

everyone was saying he was scared when it was broner.... i didn't get that either. i have to watch it again...maybe u guys see something i don't. last time i thought anyone choked up and got shook in one of these videos was when haye/klitschko did their face off. haye shook klit...and klit stood there quiet as fuck. it didn't mean shit come fight time though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 7 2013, 08:08 PM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Marcus @ Mar 7 2013, 07:49 PM) *
I'd understand your point if Guerrero was the quiet type like Cotto that never talked at all or something- silent but deadly. You're making it seem as though Guerrero's just been calling Floyd out without saying anything disrespectful. But Guerrero's been talking shit through twitter, videos, every outlet and platform. Guerrero is definitely intimidated. When Guerrero and Berto faced off on several occasions it was verbal assult on his behalf. When he came face to face with Broner he claimed Broner was a pussy for walking away from verbal combat. Yet all of the sudden when he's face to face with the guy he's been wanting to fight for nearly 2 years he becomes the "i dont pop shit i show shit" type? Now all of the sudden he's better than that? He shows he doesn't tell now huh? Nah.. that front isn't going to work on me.. Floyd has him out of character

again...i guess i missed his shit talk. all i've ever heard was him calling floyd out. i didn't see intimidation. i didn't see him talk shit to berto either. i saw the confrontation with broner. everyone made it like he was scared then. i didn't see it.

it reminds me of amir khan calling bradley a chump or something to that effect under his breath. it appeared to me that bradley didn't even hear him. whatever the case...some ppl are non-confrontational. some ppl are better at talking shit than others. some ppl fold when u talk shit to them....some ppl don't. it'll all come out in the end. the man is going to fight floyd may 4th. he asked for the fight...he got it. we'll see how he does.

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 01:43 PM