Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cotto vs. Gomez....is it official?
Byrd Man
post Jan 17 2008, 08:30 PM
Post #1

Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 6,422

Just wondering. Greg Leon had an "Exclusive/Remember Where You Heard It First" thing on his page today that said that Arum called and said HBO had approved Cotto v. Gomez for April 26th.

Anyone know if this is fully official yet?

As a boxing fan, this isn't the biggest possible fight for Cotto, but as a guy who has Gomez on my fantasy team, I say HELL YEAH! lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Jan 17 2008, 08:50 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Jan 17 2008, 09:30 PM) [snapback]375146[/snapback]
Just wondering. Greg Leon had an "Exclusive/Remember Where You Heard It First" thing on his page today that said that Arum called and said HBO had approved Cotto v. Gomez for April 26th.

Anyone know if this is fully official yet?

As a boxing fan, this isn't the biggest possible fight for Cotto, but as a guy who has Gomez on my fantasy team, I say HELL YEAH! lol

It figures.Cotto is gonna destroy Gomez.Just hope that Judah doesn't become the spoiler here.Judah does have the tools to beat Margarito in my opinion.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Jan 17 2008, 09:51 PM
Post #3

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

(IMG:http://www.fighthype.com/woooooooo/waaaaaa.jpg)

As long as he doesn't get "destroyed" like that, he'll be aight.

LOL

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Jan 17 2008, 10:16 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

This is very dissapointing.I thought 2008 was gonna be a great year for the Welterweights, but it's shaping up to be a joke.First we got Williams-Quintana because Cintron is a litttle bitch,then Mayweather-De La Hoya rematch,then Cotto-Gomez? WTF I think the Margarito-Judah fight looks like the best fight which ain't saying much. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif)

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 18 2008, 12:45 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Jan 17 2008, 10:16 PM) [snapback]375159[/snapback]
This is very dissapointing.I thought 2008 was gonna be a great year for the Welterweights, but it's shaping up to be a joke.First we got Williams-Quintana because Cintron is a litttle bitch,then Mayweather-De La Hoya rematch,then Cotto-Gomez? WTF I think the Margarito-Judah fight looks like the best fight which ain't saying much. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif)

You are spot on. i also had high anticipation for some BIG fights to be made. Margarito - Judah seems like the biggest we'll have at WW for a while. Nobody wants to see mayweather/DLH again. Nobody wants to see Cotto/Gomez. Why didnt Arum just put the Cotto - Margarito card together now? Cintron is a bitch. i hope he takes his mandatory, so that Clottey ends his bitchin'. Poor Williams had to take Quintana because everyone is running scared from him...

+Quote Post
salvador
post Jan 18 2008, 10:44 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Jan 17 2008, 11:16 PM) [snapback]375159[/snapback]

You're absolutely right.

The only thing I would say is that Margarito-Judah, if it happens, should be excellent for no other reason than to see Zab's gigantic balls on display. It's impossible not to respect the fact that he's willing to get in the ring with Margarito when the truth is that he has no business being at 147 and Margarito is the worst possible matchup for him.

Also, I think it's clear that Arum is setting up Margarito-Cotto for the fall as Floyd and DLH will be unavailable. And for my money, Cotto-Marg is the very best fight in all of boxing right now.

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Jan 18 2008, 11:37 AM
Post #7

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 6,534

QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Jan 17 2008, 09:16 PM) [snapback]375159[/snapback]

I agree its shaping up to be a so-so year. All because that coward PBF wanted to do the DLH thing. Cotto wins this fight inside of 6 rounds. Judah is in his fight for the first half like always...then wilts under the pressure. Williams easily out-points Quintana...what sucks is all these fights are foregone conclusions.

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Jan 18 2008, 02:13 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

I just pray to the heavens that this fight is not on PPV.

+Quote Post
rusty_trombone
post Jan 18 2008, 02:19 PM
Post #9

Cerebral Ape

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 5,390

Man, I can't wait to see gomez get the shit knocked out of him.

+Quote Post
Chi-Town
post Jan 18 2008, 05:34 PM
Post #10

Featherweight

Member No.: 4,311

QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Jan 17 2008, 09:16 PM) [snapback]375159[/snapback]

Pulling out of a fight because you tore the ligaments that basically hold the bones in your hand together makes you a little bitch?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 04:02 PM